LTD H-202 Review

manufacturer: ESP date: 11/15/2012 category: Electric Guitars
ESP: LTD H-202
H-202 Electric Guitar with mahogany body with flame maple top. Features tune-o-matic bridge with stop tailpiece and LTD pickups.
 9.6
 8.4
reviews (2) 2 comments vote for this gear:
LTD H-202 Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 15, 2012

Features: Made in 2000 24 XJ frets Solid-Top 1 Volume Control, 1 Tone Control, 5-Way Selector Duncan Designed pickups....sound like humbuckers Body: Mahogany w/Flamed-Maple top, Neck: Maple w/Rosewood fretboard Transparent finish over flamed maple top Body is similar to a Strat Tune-o-matic bridge w/ stop tailpiece Standard ESP tuning keys bolt on 25.5" neck // 10

Sound: This guitar suits my style well. It has a very heavy sound with the back pickup selected, but can also have a soft clean sound too. I play a lot of Metallica, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Led Zeppelin and Nirvana. This guitar has good settings for softer rock (w/ front pickup selected), but it is awesome for hard rock/metal. I am currently using this guitar with a Crate GX 100 amp. I like the way that I variety of music styles can be played on this guitar. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: When purchased the guitar the strings were fairly high off the frets, but the bridge was easily adjusted and has been fine ever since. Their are cracks that I just discovered in the slots the pickups are screwed into, I don't know if this is from the factory, but that is likely because I purchased it brand new. This has no effect on how the guitar sounds, so I am not too upset about it. Everything else was fine. The strings that came from the factory are the best that I have heard on that guitar, I can't find any others that sound quite as good. The finish shines just as much as i did the day I bought it. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I have played live with this guitar a few times and it does fine. The hardware seems solid and durable. The finish is solid and has little wear. I play on a daily basis and the finish is still beautiful. This is a very dependable guitar. I would keep a backup with any guitar although, I do not doubt this guitar's abilities at all. // 10

Overall Impression: This guitar is a great match for anyone who likes any kind of rock/metal (this is Metallica's main touring brand). I have been playing for 2 years going on 3. If this guitar was stolen I would buy this same model or something very close to it. I am very fond of this guitar's heavy sounds. There is nothing that I dislike about this guitar. One of my favorite features is the guitar's 24 XJ frets. I almost bought a re-issued 68' Fender Strat instead of this one. I chose this one over the Strat because I think a guitar needs to have at least 22 frets, unlike the Strat, and this guitar has a heavier sound than the Strat. // 8

LTD H-202 Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 15, 2012

Features: Made in the USA. 24 frets. Transparent blue, green or red over a flamed maple top. Strat. Sring-thru bridge. Volume, tone, 5-way-selector between two Duncan Designed Humbuckers. // 10

Sound: This guitar sounds awesome! I can play any thing from Hendrix, to Metallica, to Slipknot! I love this guitar. It sounds way more mellow than my Strat. It has a warmer tone. It is just awesome! I use this guitar through a Crate GLX15 amp and a DigiTech RP50 processor. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: This guitar seems like it plays really fast. I really like it. As well as the finish. It looks awesome! Mine is transparent red. I can see my self in it. Every thing looks well made. I haven't had any problems with this guitar. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I don't play live shows as I am only 13 years old but it withstands me! This guitar's hardware is great! All the strap buttons are solid. My belt doesn't fall off when I am playing. I would definitley depend on this guitar, as it has not shown any signs of wear, or problems. // 10

Overall Impression: I like to play punk, heavy metal, classic metal, hard rock, rock and anything that sounds good. This guitar can handle all of those. The only thing I wish it had was a Double locking tremelo. That would make this the ultimate guitar! // 10

More ESP reviews rating category latest review
+ LTD MH-103QM 8 Electric Guitars 08/07/2014