LTD H-207 Review

manufacturer: ESP date: 11/15/2012 category: Electric Guitars
ESP: LTD H-207
Solidbody double cutaway 7-string electric guitar with maple neck, 2 duncan design humbuckers and Rosewood Fretboard.
 8.3
 9.8
 6.7
reviews (2) pictures (5) 13 comments vote for this gear:
LTD H-207 Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 15, 2012

Features: This is the 7 string H body style. It has 24 frets and a see thru black finish. One volume one tone and a three way selector. It came equiped with two seymore duncan humbuckers. It has a string thru body, non locking tuners a fat seven string neck. I bought it used but it was in perfect condition and I got a good deal. // 10

Sound: As expected its a badass guitar. From what I know its discontinued and its a shame. If your any type of metal player this guitar is it. When I play its as much gain as I can get and the guitar loves it. I play on a Marshall Mode 4 with a 4X12 and a 2x15. The two 15's are perfect for the massive low end it puts out. On the clean channel its also amazing. You can get very warm rich tones from the neck and crisp brite tones from the bridge. One thing i should also mention is I use the fattest strings I can buy. I use a 70 on the low curtesy of Zakk Wylde. Then I pretty much use the rest in that package; 52,48,... somthing like that and come up with the 7th string out of my stash. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: From the factory the action sucked because the strings were dinky and flopped all around. As soon as I put new strings on it was a different guitar. I had to file the nut a bit and file the tuner for the low string because it was to fat to fit. I raised the bridge a bit and it was perfect. The pickups came adjusted well although the black platic around them was kinda cracked. Other than that everything was mint. The see-thru black finish is awesome and it has a natural color binding. All the hardware is black. It's one tough looking guitar. // 8

Reliability & Durability: Nothing has broke or malfunctioned since I bought it which was about two years ago. I've played a bunch of shows with and never even broke a sting. It's just tough, and kinda heavy. // 10

Overall Impression: Overall its the best guitar ive owned. I stopped playing my others when I got because this one spoiled me. I've been playing for about 7 years and this is guitar 11. I got a couple Jacksons, a couple acoustics, an Ibanez, and alot of Gibsons. I kinda inhereted them from my dad. I would recommend this guitar to anyone whos not a pussy. If you like thin little strings I'd say look elsewhere, maybe a Fender. If you're tough and you play badass metal tunes the land of ESP is your home. // 10

LTD H-207 Reviewed by: Jamestcotton, on november 15, 2012

Purchased from: MarsMusic

Features: This is a Korean built guitar made back in 2001 I believe. It has 24x Jumbo frets, maple neck with rose wood fretboard. The body is solid Ash with a beautiful transparent green finish. The bridge is a tune-O-matic with strings through the body. The pups are passive Duncan Design. I'm not sure which model but, the website states that there is only 7String Duncan Design currently available... The HB-7. Its has a two humbucker configuration with 1x vol and 1x tone. I believe the tuners are ESP tuners. The nut is artificial bone. // 10

Sound: I am putting everything in the perspective based on how affordable this guitar is. It is an excellent value! The sound is great with plenty of sustain and power. However, the pickups are low end. They sound OK but, they have a narrow, compressed tone. I prefer a more open, sensitive pickup. I'll probably change them eventually. However, I am still working to incorporate this monster into my set lists. Based on the price paid, the sound exceeds my expectations. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was set up very well from store. Action was a bit too low for me. However, that is an easy fix. No fret buzz, all frets were dressed very well and all electronics have been working great for over 10 years. All of the hardware is black and hasn't rusted at all. Its a 25.5" scale but plays loose. Add some heavier strings and you set! // 10

Reliability & Durability: I've played it live a couple of times. However, the bands I play in usually do not leverage that low B. So I stick to my Ernie Ball, PRS, Strats and Mockingbird. However, I've never had issues with this ax out of my bedroom for 10 years now. Solid build. // 10

Overall Impression: I play mostly rock and metal. However, I do fill in with some blues acts and I do enjoy playing progressive fusion jazz at home. I've been playing for over 25 years and I couldn't have picked a better 7 string guitar for my personal taste. Excellent axe, good quality, fantastic value. Too bad that ESP stopped production. I'll never let this guitar go. It plays as good as a guitar costing 4x times as much if you get it set up correctly. Add upgraded pickups and this is a dream 7 String. // 10

More ESP reviews rating category latest review
+ LTD F-50 8.3 Electric Guitars 12/19/2014