LTD H-251FM Review

9.1
review (1) 21 comments vote for this gear:
LTD H-251FM Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 15, 2012

Purchased from: Sam Ash

Features: This is a 2007 ESP LTD H-251FM it was made in Indonesia. The guitar is neck-thru and has a very smooth neck joint. The neck has a 25.5" rosewood fretboard with 24 XJ frets. Body is Agathis witha flamed maple top, Body style is Strat with a TOM and string thru body. Has 2 ESP EMG humbucking pickups (passive) One tone one volume, tone knob is a push pull coil tap. Standard ESP LTD tuning machines. Guitar comes in only one color, it's a see thru black wit white bining around the front of the body as well as neck and headstock. // 10

Sound: This guitar plays beautifully for pretty much any style. I play mostly rock/metal and this thing screams. I'm running it through a Marshal 50 watt amp (sorry I don't have the entire model name right now) and a DigiTech RP150 modeling pedal. The pickups are a little muddy soundin with a lot of overdrive, but they're pretty much typical of any passive humbucker. The harmonics could be a little better, I plan on upgrading the bridge to a dimebucker or even get an EMG active set. overall sound is pretty decent. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar came pretty well set up from the factory. There was a slight blemish on the neck binding close to the body, and I found a small crack in the finish between the fingerboard and the neck pickup. The finish I recieved was a little darker than the one I saw online but I expected that, the top looks authentic and doesn't look like a photo or sticker. otherwise the guitar was perfect, really low action, neck was straight and the intonation was perfect, it even arrived in the mail in tune. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I believe this guitar would definately withstand live playing, it seems to be a very well built instrument. The hardware seems to me like it will last, but the finish on them does not, they are chrome plated and I believe that will over time flake off. starp buttons were very solid, but like all of my electric guitars I had them swapped out for strap locks. The finish on the guitar itself seems like it will withstand some pretty rough abuse, it's taken a couple spills since I've had it and the finish has stayed in perfect condition, no chips dings or cracks. // 10

Overall Impression: Overall I believe that this is a very well made instrument for the price and I believe that with a few personal improvements (i.e. pickups) this could be an extremely great sounding instrument. I've been playing for about two years, this is my fourth electric guitar, I've owned a Behringer Starter Kit, a Schecter Gryphon, and a Windsong unnamed model. If this guitar were stolen I would most definately buy a new one ASAP. My favorite feature overall on the guitar is the neck thru design, it makes for a very versitile instrument, I haven't yet found anything to hate about it. // 10

More ESP reviews rating category latest review
+ LTD Xtone PC-2-12 9.3 Electric Guitars 11/12/2014