LTD H-300 Review

manufacturer: ESP date: 11/15/2012 category: Electric Guitars
ESP: LTD H-300
Mahogany body and neck, with a flame maple top. One volume and one tone control, which are black chrome, the same colour as the bridge and the Schaller non-locking tuners.
 Reliability & Durability: 9.5
 Features: 9.5
 8.4
 9.5
 7.3
reviews (2) 4 comments vote for this gear:
LTD H-300 Reviewed by: bradbradbrad, on november 15, 2012

Features: I bought this guitar used. It was made in 2000 in Korea. It has 24 jumbo frets, neck thru body, see-thru red finish and a Tune-O-Matic bridge with a stop bar tail piece. It comes with passive two EMG-HZ humbucker pickups but mine have been changed to active EMG81/85s. It has a mahogany body and neck, with a flame maple top. It has one volume and one tone control, which are black chrome, the same colour as the bridge and the Schaller non-locking tuners. I bought it used so it didnt come with any accessories. The only thing that I would like this guitar to have is a floyd rose. As far as I know this guitar isnt in production anymore, but its worth looking for. // 10

Sound: I play rock, metal and blues. I use a small practice amp at home and a Zoom 707II multi-effects. I have played it through a quality amp though (Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier) and it sounded amazing. The original HZ pickups are above average, but noting special. The new 81/85 pickups I have on there now are much, much better. Perfect for rock and metal. Not too great for blues, but it works ok on the neck pickup. No feedback/unwanted noise at all. It is great for both lead and rhythm playing, and though it is obviously designed for heavy, distorted playing it has a good clean sound as well. Though if you are playing through a smaller, cheap amp it may distort the clean channel because of the high output of the pickups. I loved the sound of this guitar, it is fairly versatile. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: This guitar had a perfect setup when I got it. Because it was used, it had some minor dents and scratches, but nothing major. The pickups are in the right place, I had no problems with the set-up at all. It is very comfortable to play, especially when playing high notes because of the neck thru construction. The finish is beautiful, and shows off the flame maple top well. The construction quality is great, I'm not sure why some people seem to be scared when they see 'Made In Korea', It's obvious they know what they're doing. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I think this guitar could withstand live playing quite well. The strap buttons are solid, but I would buy straplocks just to be sure. The finish is great, it doesn't scratch very easily, and as its see through the scratches don't show that much anyway. This guitar is very solid. // 10

Overall Impression: I play rock, metal and blues (mostly rock and metal though), and this guitar suits my needs perfectly. I have been playing for about a year. If this was stolen, I would probably get another ESP, but one with a locking tremolo bridge. My favourite part about this guitar is the neck thru body, and the sound is great. The only thing I could complain about is the lack of a tremolo bridge. I compared it to some other ESP's, some Jacksons and some Epiphones, and this guitar was far above the rest. I love this guitar, and I would recommend it to anybody. // 9

LTD H-300 Reviewed by: donisthatcool, on november 15, 2012

Purchased from: Sound Beach Music

Features: Features : Im not sure when this guitar was made. i purchased it used from my local music store. It has 24 frets and a Mahogany body and neck. It has 2 EMG-HZ pickups which sound beautiful on nearly any tube amp. Sometimes when im playing Live, i step on the cable leading to my amp, but it only happened once. I wish that they would have made a locking system for it, but im also a clutz XD // 9

Sound: Sound : It sounds great distorted and when you use just the bottom pickups, it has a very poppy tone. When im playing clean i often use both pickups, and it sounds very good with not alot of buzz. I really love the bottom pickups tho. Really great tone with the EMG's and it sounds great when playing Live. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: Action, finish : Very smooth, and the neck is extremely smooth when playing songs that move around alot. The action is perfect for playing chords, and even some tap solos. i think that that is where this guitar really shines when your playing a solo or some Metallica like riffs. // 10

Reliability & Durability: Reliability, durability : I have had this guitar for about 3 months. Best guitar i have ever played. It is very durable, but the tone knob occasionally falls off, but it was like this when i bought it used from the store, and i fixed it with a little but of glue. // 9

Overall Impression: Overall impression : AWESOME guitar. I recommend this guitar to anybody that is an intermediate or veteran guitarist. love it and play it every day. This guitar is also somewhat rare, i say if you find one, buy it. And if you dont like it, 1) what the hell is your problem 2) sell it somewhere for more money and make some cash money. Peace and keep rockin fellas. // 9

More ESP reviews rating category latest review
+ LTD Xtone PC-2-12 9 Electric Guitars 11/12/2014