LTD H-51 Review

manufacturer: ESP date: 11/16/2012 category: Electric Guitars
ESP: LTD H-51
Clean Tones are rich and bright whereas distortion is bang on, full sound and pretty kicka-s. You can get pretty good harmonics and pinches with it with the right patches. A very versatile guitar it sure is.
 Features: 8.5
 8.3
 8.7
 7.8
reviews (2) pictures (3) 17 comments vote for this gear:
LTD H-51 Reviewed by: raysketcher, on november 16, 2012

Features: - Bolt-on neck - 25.5" scale - Basswood body - Maple neck - Rosewood fingerboard - 42mm standard nut - Thin U neck contour - 22 XJ frets - Chrome hardware - ESP tuners - Tune-o-matic style bridge with string-thru body - ESP LH-150 humbuckers (bridge and neck) - Volume, tone, 3-way toggle controls // 8

Sound: I don't stick to one genre, instead I experiment with music a lot. I play a variety of music ranging from Blues to Rock to Death Metal. Hence I must say that this guitar is very good for you if your budget isn't above 350$. It if perfect for a beginner. I use it with a Roland Cube 20XL and Korg AX5G Modeling Effects Processor. I get the perfect sounds that I need with these. It isn't noisy at all and gives very little feedback. Clean Tones are rich and bright whereas distortion is bang on, full sound and pretty kicka-s. You can get pretty good harmonics and pinches with it with the right patches. It can be your neighbor's envy if in the hands of a right master. A very versatile guitar it sure is. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was set-up pretty well at the factory. The cherry red attracted me immediately even though I wanted a black guitar. The moment I saw it's finish, I knew it belonged with me. The humbuckers were adjusted a little low. But on bringing it up it gave a damn good sound. The top and the bridge was perfect. Just the headstock could be given a better finish. The guitar had no flaws whatsoever. It is a bit heavy compared to other ESP's. This gives an advantage to play riffs at ease. // 7

Reliability & Durability: I have used this guitar live many times during the early days of my band. It stood by me without any problem giving me the sound I needed for making the crowd go crazy. The hardware lasts if taken care of without being mishandled etc. The strap buttons give no problem at all. Do not worry about using it on a gig. You can definitely use it even without backup. The finish is good enough to last for some years. It may not rundown even after excess of playing. // 8

Overall Impression: For my versatile playing, this guitar is very good. Leaves a good impression on the audience too. I have been playing for 4 years now. I bought an ESP Snakebyte recently. Both these babies of mine are equally dear to me. If it were stolen I would buy another ESP in the same series as I have enough money to buy a better one, but had my budget been the same I would rely on this itself and buy it again. I love the finish and tones of this guitar. It's an awe seeker! Other than the headstock there is nothing else I dislike about it. I wish it would have a pointed headstock. // 8

LTD H-51 Reviewed by: DanielHsv0, on november 16, 2012

Features: Specifications: - Bolt-On Construction - 25.5" Scale - Basswood body - Maple Neck - Rosewood Fingerboard - 42mm Standard Nut - Thin U Neck Contour - 22 XJ Frets - Chrome Hardware - ESP Tuners - TOM Bridge - ESP LH-150 (B & N) p.u. Controls: - Master Volume - 3-Way Switch - Master Tone Finishes: - EB (Electric Blue), BCH (Red Cherry) 10 Years ago an Electric guitar with the Specs this guitar would have been worth over $1000. To get a guitar with these specs coming as factory i have to rate a 10. // 9

Sound: This suits my Music style extremely well! I play a lot of different types of Rock and Metal such as Hard Rock, Heavy Metal, Post-grunge, Alternative Rock/metal, Punk Rock, Blues Rock, Thrash metal etc. I have used this guitar with 2 different Amps a Sonik Amp out of a Starters pack from my previous Guitar and a Vox VT20+. The Sonik is a very low quality amp but still manages to sounds very good with this guitar. I also tried a Zoom G1N Effects pedal thought this Amp the distortion channels were great! The guitar sounds amazing through the Vox, Clean channels to distortion and Effects everything is Awesome. It never seems to be noisy or feedback. With the Amp the Guitar has a massive amount of variety. I probably wouldn't recommend anything classical, country or to soft the guitar is designed for Rock/Heavy Metal. The Harmonics and Pinches are all fine as far as I know/have tried. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The Guitar was Perfectly set-up as Factory. The Pickups are adjusted Perfect I've had no problem! There were no flaws nothing was loose whatsoever apart from the Black Plastic that goes around the pickups and holds them together became slightly loose but that hasn't effected anything at all... The Electric blue Color is what first attracted me the color is very bright and... Electric. I didn't like the Cherry Red very much just not as nice as the blue and doesn't suit my tastes! I Think it leaves a better impression with the blue as well! On the very top of the headstock in the wood is a small black line but now I'm just being fussy and trying to find flaws! // 9

Reliability & Durability: The Guitar Would withstand live playing and If/When I do I Will feel Comfortable to use it without a backup but still probley take a back up if I have/can get one just in case. The Hardware seem like it will last for years without replacing! Strap button are solid I can jump around and headbang and they'll be fine. The Finsh is very Durable Dosent seem thin or seem to wear off. // 10

Overall Impression: I don't have much experience with Electric Guitars I have been playing Acoustic guitar for 5-6 years and Just started getting more serious about Electrics. This is only my Second Electric Guitar, I've owned it for nearly 2 Month now and am Extremely happy with it. You may think I am rating too kindly but I have had a pretty prefect experience with this guitar so far Espically considering the price I got it For. Apparently this guitar was worth $469 Brand New but since then I have seen it in a music catalogue for $350. If it was Lost or Stolen Well I don't really want to think about that considering this was the only one available online, I would probably buy a very similar model if I couldn't find it again such as a VIPER-10, M-10 or a EC-50 (Not that I would have enough money till Christmas). I Think the best features about this guitar is the Uniquely Shaped Headstock which looks Amazing and The Bright Electric Blue Color, But even the Volume/Tone controls, The Shape and Sound it produces. I don't hate anything about it. The things that could have been better/Wish it had would be if the guitar had 24 Frets instead of 22 But it really doesn't effect me or matter! Also the 3-Way Switch doesn't look as nice as it does on the Higher more Expensive models! I Would Definitely Recommend this guitar to anyone I think its one of the best in the price range! // 9

More ESP reviews rating category latest review
+ LTD KH-2 9.3 Electric Guitars 06/23/2014