LTD Hybrid-400 Review

manufacturer: ESP date: 11/15/2012 category: Electric Guitars
ESP: LTD Hybrid-400
This interesting guitar brought to you by ESP incorporates a classic design with the feel and playability of today's highest quality instruments. Featuring a mahogany body for luscious bass and a Seymore Duncan JB humbucker for crystal clear tone. 22 extra jumbo frets and that lipstick pickup just lets us know why it's called a "Hybrid."
 9.2
 8.8
 9.5
review (1) 2 comments vote for this gear:
LTD Hybrid-400 Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 15, 2012

Features: Set-neck construction; 24.75" scale; mahogany body; 3-piece mahogany neck; rosewood fingerboard; dot inlays w/model name at 12th fret; Seymour Duncan JB & Quarter Pound Rhythm pickups; volume control, tone control w/push-pull coil tap & 3-way toggle; chrome hardware; Earvana compensated nut; Grover Tuners; traditional flat mount bridge w/string-thru-body; white binding on neck & headstock; 22 XJ frets. // 8

Sound: This guitar is a great rhythm playing if your into classic rock or new emo. I play it on a Fender Vibro-King 212 B. I also use the Boss Metal Master petal. If you use two much distortion sometimes there is slight feedback. This guitar is my 4th and final the sound variety is to amazing. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: There were no flaws on the guitar when I got it. Everything was perfect in this department. // 10

Reliability & Durability: The finish is amazing. I never play without a backup (I play this over my custum Strat) but I haver also never had to use any guitar but this. I gig every friday and saturday, there is no problem with this guitar. If your into the stage moves (throwing the guitar like soty or silverstein) you should get strap locks thats it. // 8

Overall Impression: I play mainly emo/screamo music. I've been playing for about five years now and this is the best guitar I've owned yet. I actually bought this over an Epiphone les paul and I'm glad I did. The only thing I wish it had was that it tuned itself other than that theres not even a slight problem. // 10

More ESP reviews rating category latest review
+ LTD GUS-600 FR Gus G Signature 7 Electric Guitars 09/11/2014