LTD M-10 Review

manufacturer: ESP date: 11/15/2012 category: Electric Guitars
ESP: LTD M-10
Bolt-on, 25.5"-scale maple neck with a rosewood fingerboard, basswood body, tune-o-matic bridge with string-thru-body, 22 frets for easy playing, 2 ESP LTD humbucking pickups.
 Reliability & Durability: 9.7
 Action, Fit & Finish: 9.2
 Features: 8.4
 8.9
 9.3
 8.5
reviews (6) pictures (3) 21 comments vote for this gear:
LTD M-10 Reviewed by: stemic, on november 15, 2012

Sound: The guitar sound is warm, very lead oriented, there is no fret buzz, and it is good for metal mostly, though it sounds good playing anything really, just mess around with the EQ to get some nice settings. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: No flaws, everything works great, I even opened it up and saw the wiring, and the guitar was wired and soldered to perfection, it isn't noisy, and the selector works great. The bridge is placed fine, and even if you don't like the position you can just adjust it to your liking. // 10

Reliability & Durability: Its an ESP, they make great stuff, everything is built solid and nothing will happen, another person said that they dropped it a few times and nothing happened and I've done the same and it's still in one piece, great guitar. // 10

Overall Impression: You get a lot for what you pay for, this guitar is amazing, the sound is great, the reliability is fanatsic, and its built like a tank, you can't go wrong, this is a great guitar for pros and beginners alike, I've been playing for five years and everything is flawless, this guitar can do it all, I would even take it to shows as my main rig. I recently put in two EMG '81s to give it a big punch, but what I thought would only be a minimal increase in quality turned out to be a great increase in sound quality. The harmonics, natural and pitchd are amazing, and the sustain is unmatched. // 10

LTD M-10 Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 15, 2012

Features: - 22 Frets - Solid Top - 1 volume, 1 tone knob, and 3 different Pickup Settings - 2 Huckbukcer pickups - Mahogany neck - Satin finish // 8

Sound: This guitar fits my music style (speed metal, thrash, classic rock) it sounds great no problems so far exept the Jack is a little loose but that can be fixed and its not a big deal really. I have it setup like this. It's hooked up to a Squier P.O.S amp which sounds ok when ur not pickin up a fockin radio station, and I have a digitech RP-50 which is one of the best multi effects pedal I ever had. You can get really thick palm mutes and Artifical Harmonics (when you bend a note and it gives it a sqeal I think). // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The action is excellent. You have no problems playing solos or power chords with it. Despite the frets arent jumbo it still works out ok for me. The pickups are a little loose but who gives a shit about that just as long as their not poppin out like morning wood. The finish is very nice but their is a small dent that you cant really see but it's ok also no big deal dosnt hurt anyone or the guitar itself. // 10

Reliability & Durability: Im sure this guitar could be able to play live. It's pretty durable dropped it mabye once if I did it didnt hurt it. I dont know about the Jack input but its being a little biatch for now its kinda pissin me off about that and it wont stay still. But it still works like a beast and its one of the best guitars ive had. Strap bottoms are solid. I can depend on this guitar because I trust it better then my Mom jk. But its realiable. I wouldnt use this guitar in a gig without a backup then again I wouldnt ever go to a gig without a backup even if it was a Custom Les Paul Deluxe. // 10

Overall Impression: I like this guitar because it fits my style of music (thrash, speed metal etc) really well. I've been playin maybe for almost 4 years. My first guitar was a Fender DG-8 acoustic, then I got a Squier Strat now I got a ESP M-10 which is so far the best ive had. I love the way it looks because of the reverse neck. There is one thing I do hate about this guitar and that would be the bridge just because it is a bitch to put together (not a floyd rose bridge I think its a tune-o-matic) I wish it had 24 frets to get them metallica solos down. If your a experienced guitar player go out and try to find it. But if your the next Kirk, or Hendrix go out and by yourself a Gibson SG. // 10

Price paid: A$ 150

Features: - Bolt on Neck - 25.5" Scale - Basswood Body - Maple Neck - Rosewood Fingerboard - 22 frets - ESP tuners - String Thru Body Bridge, would be better with a Foyld Rose - volume and tone with 3 way selector - 2 passive ESP LH-100 Humbucker pick ups, would be better with EMG 81/85 Combo or Blackouts restrung with 52-10s skinny top heavy bottom - Came with Amp, Case, Picks, Cable, Strap in starter pack when bought by my mate for 500NZD, I only bought the guitar off him for 150. // 8

Sound: The LTD M-10 is my backing guitar for gigs and practices just in case my ESP Eclipse has any problems (which hasn't happened yet touches wood) I play a mix of styles but mainly Post-hardcore/Metalcore and the M-10 handles this beautifully but doesn't seem to do alot else, I have two amps a 15w Line 6 Spider 3 and a Blackstar HT Studio 20 both of which have tone to boot and the guitar provides but only problem is the musky sound in clean tones but pretty sure that goes if you put pick up covers over the humbuckers. The M-10 squeels when you do pinch harmonics and has a very fast action and is very comfortable to play but would use my ESP over it anyday. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: I played this guitar when my mate first got it (ended up buying it off him) and the action was a bit high for my liking and the pick ups didn't feel at the right height but 5 minutes of adjusting later I had it just the way I like. I haven't opened up the guitar yet but knowing what ESP/LTD are like I'm pretty sure it is nicely set up in side. The controls are all solid and make no noise only problem is like others have said is the Jack gets loose but that can be tightened up so again easy fix. // 7

Reliability & Durability: The M-10 would easily stand up to live playing and is a rather common guitar I've seen at metal gigs in my city even one covered in news paper clippings that had also been set on fire and it still sounds the same as a new one I've seen them generaly mistreated and they still work fine and look the same so on that sence the guitar gets a 1000/10 on durability but I can not actually tell you if the stock strap buttons are any good because they got replaced with strap locks instantly and all the M-10s I've seen have them too but any guitarist no matter your style get strap locks I swear by them. As I said at the start this is my back up guitar but if it was my main one I would still bring a back up but that's not due to it not being reliable its due to the fact its a gig you always need a spare guitar if you have one at home. // 9

Overall Impression: Like I said I play mainly Post-Hardcore/Metalcore and this Guitar certainly is a good match. I've been playing for 3 years and own a ESP Eclipse 1 in Vintage Black, Ashton The Player (Les Paul Shape) and the M-10 I have two amps which are both stated in Sound pedals I have include Digital Delays and the ML2 Metalcore pedal among others I wish I had asked when my mate bought it do you have the snow white. If it was stolen/Lost I would go get another one without even thinking about it its that good for the style I play. I love this guitars Shape and Sound for its price Hate that it lacks in power due to its pick ups and my favourite feature is its shape. When I went with my mate to get this guitar he got me to try it out against other basic level guitars in store for around the same price which were: Schecter Omen Squire Tele Epiphone Les Paul Jackson Dinky Js Ashton The Player Also I used to own a Jackson WRXT but the M-10 plays and sounds nicer told my mate to buy it even though he loves the Les Paul shape as the M-10 had all the other guitars we tried out beat Gear I wish I had will limit to back up guitars on this and they are ESP/LTD M-300FM, ESP/LTD M-1000FM, ESP/LTD H-1001FR, ESP/LTD EC-1000FR all of which are floyd rose bridge guitars. // 10

LTD M-10 Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 15, 2012

Features: The guitar was originally with a starter set but I got lucky and got just the guitar. THe finish is really good feels pretty solid. And I love the Mate black look, 22 frets thin neck, Bodys basswood, Has a tune-o-matic string threw bridge, The first thing I changed about it was the pick ups. The ones in were pretty hot but I wanted somthing more agressive to I put a EMG-81 in the bridge and soon to be an EMG-85 in the neck. THe guitar holds tune really well, It has one volume and one tone with a three way pick up selector. Really the only thing I have a problem with is the volume nob being too close to the bidge. I'm a palm muter and my pinky finger always hits it and turns the volume down...Gonna take care of that problem ly self by moving it down. // 9

Sound: I play anything from, Metal, Thrash, Hard Rock, Punk, and Country. This guitar holds its own with anything really. I use an old Crate CR-280 With a Behringer UM100 and a BO100. It has no feed back what so ever as a good throaty sound. Holds notes quite well. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: When I took it appart to put the EMG in everything was solid no problems at all even the pickups were adjusted perfectly. The guitar only contained one flaw and that was the volume button being too close to the bridge but as I said thats fixable. I still haven't had to mess with the action its set up really good overall // 9

Reliability & Durability: I would think this guitar ould withstand live playing, It feels solid and plays quite well..But I will always have a backup its the smart thing to do. The hardware is very sold as well I've dropped one of my guitars but I'm sure this one could handle a good drop. // 10

Overall Impression: As said above I play anything from, Metal, Thrash, Hard Rock, Punk, and Country and this guitar is perfect for them all. I've been playing guitar for about 8 years now, I have Cielo Stelitto with a double locking Floyd Rose and a Seymour Duncan Dime Bag pickup. Also have a Jay Truser JT-220 thats all stock. I love its versatility and the action is amazing. Over all Its a good guitar besides the volume flaw but its fixable just have to move it. If it was stolen I would replace it and I would reccommend this guitar to anyone. // 10

LTD M-10 Reviewed by: thirteenburn, on november 15, 2012

Purchased from: Musicians Friend

Features: - 22 Frets - Solid Top - 1 volume, 1 tone knob, and 3 different Pickup Settings - 2 Huckbukcer pickups - Mahogany neck - Satin finish The only thing I would change on this guitar is the finish. I'm not a fan of the "matte" black finish as it turns "shiny" in all the normal wear spots and in my own opinion, that finish ends up looking really low budget, more so than the guitar is in reality, if that makes any sense. // 9

Sound: I immediately restrung the M 10 with Ernie Ball Super Slinky's(.9 .11 .16 .24 .32 .42) and it sounds really great, even through the accompanying ESP 10 practice amp (I got the "Beginner's Pack w/gig bag, picks, chords, strap, amp & guitar) but I still want to get something bigger to plug into. Mainly into metal, I also love the blues and both styles come through clean and/or dirty depending on style and both sound fantastic on this guitar. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: This guitar is well adjusted straight out of the box. I've not had to mess with anything, other then the restring I mentioned above, and it's as solid in feel and play now as it was five months ago. I've read where several people have had issues with the guitar jack coming lose almost immediately, but I've not yet had that problem. The jack is still securely in place and tight as a drum. The knobs, selector Switch and tunning keys all feel well built and solid, all with zero play. The only mod I made were to replace the existing strap buttons with Schuler Strap-Locks. // 9

Reliability & Durability: As was mentioned in a number of different posts, I've dropped my guitar as well as forgot my celing fan was on - luckily the slowest setting as the headstock took a shot but I couldn't tell where - and not a scratch or dent on it. A very solid guitar. // 9

Overall Impression: Eventhough I've only been playing guitar overall for about three years and seriously for only a little over a year, I wanted an electric that I knew I could depend on for the price I was willing to spend. There were other makes and models out there but the price for this little axe was too good to pass up. It makes a perfect compliment to my '61 Yamaha Acoustic. I highly recommend this guitar to beginner and veteran alike. // 9

Purchased from: Sam ash

Features: This guitar is great! It has a basswood body maple bolt on neck and rosewood fingerboard it has ESP tuners and ESP's own LH-100 pickup set (humbuckers) a tune o-matic style bridge and string thru body. It has 22 jumbo frets w/ dot inlays and the model name at the 12th fret. I just wish it could have included a floating bridge but that's just my opinion because I like the whammy bar. // 8

Sound: This guitar sounds absolutely amazing I play mostly hard rock and metal and I must say this guitar handles it really well the amp I am using is an Orange Crush Pix CR20 L and for my metal tone I use a DOD Death Metal FX86 pedal. The ESP LH-100 set also handles cleans very well, I also have an Esp LTD EC-1000 and I still prefer this M-10 for most of my metal playing. The only complaint I have is that with this guitar the pinch harmonics are kind of difficult but they sound ok if you get them right. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: I was able to just take this guitar out of the box, tune it and start rockin out so the action was great I haven't had to adjust the pickup height until recently but that is just because I installed blackout pickup covers. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar is definitely solid and yes I have dropped it and a little chip of the finish came off but I was surprised it wasn't more then just a chip. I would definitely take it to a gig without a backup. These strap buttons are the best I have used they are very solid and haven't givin me any problems so far. // 10

Overall Impression: I play alot of Bullet for my valentine and disturbed and you gotta believe that ESP targets metal players. I've been playing for a little over a year. If this guitar was stolen I would hunt that person down and get it back, I have 4 guitars and this is probably my favorite. I think one of the best things about this guitar besides the overall sound is that the neck is extremely thin and smooth so it's good for solos. // 10

More ESP reviews rating category latest review
+ LTD MH-103QM 8 Electric Guitars 08/07/2014