LTD M-100FM Review

manufacturer: ESP date: 03/14/2013 category: Electric Guitars
ESP: LTD M-100FM
24 Frets. Ahathis Body. Maple Neck. Rosewood fretboard. ESP LH-100 set Pickups. Volume, 3 ways slotted, tone.
 Reliability & Durability: 8.1
 8.9
reviews (23) pictures (2) 47 comments vote for this gear:
LTD M-100FM Reviewed by: luisato, on november 15, 2012

Purchased from: AudioMusica, Santiago de Chile

Features: It's a new 10 ESP/LTD M-100FM, made in china. It features a 24-XJ-fret maple neck and rosewood fingerboard. It's body is made of basswood with flamed maple top. The guitar has a Lic.Floyd Rose bridge, with 2 humbuckers pickups (ESP LH-150) It has ESP tuners, 1 volumen knob and 1 tone knob with a 3-way slotted selector. // 8

Sound: I play classic heavy metal and this guitar suits perfect for this style. I used a 40W Electrovox amp with a berigher UD-100 Distortion and a DD-400 Delay.The guitar is very noiseless, even in high-gain settings. It provides a very dark sound, special for heavy Riffs.It also provides good harmonics and a very warm clean tone, but I think that with better pickups it would sound a lot better due to the fact that it comes with Standard ESP pickups. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was set-up very good when I got it, I only had to adjust the pickups a little bit. The Floyd Rose was perfectly adjusted so I don`t have any problems of tuning, even with an intensive use of the whammy bar. The guitar has an excellent finish, and the only problem that I had was that the Volume knob was loose so I have to adjust it with a little allen key that was given with the guitar tools. // 9

Reliability & Durability: The guitar looks very solid and I think that it will last. The hardware is very reliable and the licensed Floyd Rose is excellent. The strap buttons are very good and solid, so I think is not necessary to get some Straplocks. The only thing that I would change are the pickups. I would use it on a gig, but I think that you always need a backup. The finish is great, with high quality details. // 9

Overall Impression: As I said before, I play heavy metal and ESP/LTD guitars are specially design for this style. I play guitar for 5 years now and this guitar is incredibly better than my cheap Burmeister Stratocaster guitar. I'm incredibly happy with this guitar, so If it were stolen I would definetely buy it again. I love his neck because it is extremely comfortable and fast and his Lic. Floyd Rose bridge because it works perfectly. I Compare this guitar with a JS35-RR Jackson guitar and I prefer this one because of its Bridge and his XJ frets. The only thing I would wish it had is an EMG 85/81 set. // 9

LTD M-100FM Reviewed by: gpderek09, on november 15, 2012

Features: Construction/scale: bolt-on /25.5 Body: agathis w/flamed maple top Neck/fretbord: maple/rosewood Inlays: dots w/e model name at 12th fret Pickups: ESP LH-100 set Electronics: volume, 3 ways slotted,tone Hardware: black Bridge: floyd rose licensed Binding: none Frets: 24xJ Colors: stblk // 8

Sound: This guitar suits my style perfectly. I play rhythm for rock to punk rock. And this guitar can handle both and anything in between. I use a Washburn 20 watt practice amp becuz my perents are cheap and im not old enough to make any money. I also have an Ibanez distortion/fuz pedal. It sounds great with both. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar came great from the store exept the nut on the input jack keeps coming loose and wont stay on tight but a quick twist fixes the the problem till it happens again. // 8

Reliability & Durability: This guitar seems like it will last. I broke the tunner locks (whatever there called) but I'm told they can be fixed. Every thing else seems thrash ready. I play in all my spare time and am very agressive with the strings breaks are commen. But becuse of this I hit the finish alot and it still shines like new. The only problem is that the strap buttons suk and drops are commen, but strap holders should do the trick. I would definitely use this at a gig with no back up, but it's always good just in case, you never know. // 8

Overall Impression: I've been playing for about a year and this is the 3rd best guitar I've ever played (#1-gibson x-series vintage/#2 Fender Telecaster) I also own a silver stone guitar. I'm not sure of the exact name but it is a replica of a Gibson SG 61 ressure*, a Washburn 20 watt practice amp, an Ibanez distortion/fuzz pedal, and a 5 watt honey tone amp that I can strap on my belt buckel. If this guitar were lost or stolen I would cry for a week because I'm too poor to get another one. I love every thing about this guitar. It's perfect the way it is. // 10

Purchased from: Music123

Features: 24 xjumbo frets with lic. Floyd Rose and ESP LH100 Humbuckers with 3-way Switch, a volume and a tone knob. // 10

Sound: I play metal, mostly. I have the guitar connected to a Fender Amp(forgot which model but it costs about 150, so its not thaaaat great) through DigiTech RP80. The tone on this guitar is pretty good for the price. Gives good crunch and good harmonics. Sustain is pretty good too but not where I need it but the good thing is, its compatible with EMG active pickups, so I will change the pickups once I have the money for 'em. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: the guitar has a good neck and the xjumbo frets are awesome for shredding those fast metallica solo, they also sound way better when you're tapping. The neck is fast and 25.5 scale is a little thinnner than my old guitar, so I'm enjoying the convenience. The Floyd Rose stays in tune no matter what, the guitar goes everywhere I go around the house and it slips off the wall and falls but still stays prefectly in tune. Since its a floyd rose, fine tuning is a piece of cake if you know how to string the guitar. But I wouldn't suggest floyd rose for a beginner, I think its too much to handle. One thing I hate about the bridge is, the placement of the tremolo bar. It sticks out and gets in the way. I'm used to resting my palm on the bridge and playing but when I have the bar on, I have to pick close to the neck, which is annonying but since I don't use it unless I have to, I guess its no big deal. The guitar is durable, a little heavy but thats no issue at all. All in all, its a good finish. Thumbs up to ESP. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I'm not too sure about playing live since I never have and don't plan on doing it. But the guitar seems durable enough. The strap is great, never falls off and the hardware is solid. the guitar has a good finish and will last a long time. // 8

Overall Impression: Like I mentioned before, I play a lot of metal. Usually Metallica, Pantera, Megadeth etc. and this guitar fits right in. It's a great guitar for rhythm and as far as solos go, it has a decent sound but the pickups could be better. I would buy this guitar again if it were stolen since I love the comfort this guitar offers. My favourite features definitely are the Floyd Rose, which kicks ass, and the xjumbo frets. I don't think any other brand has these featuers for the price tag. I wish it had an extra tone knob for a little more flexibility but one knob will do. All in all, a great intermediate guitar for the price you pay. It's also upgradable, which I like the most, cause I don't think I'm gonna keep the factory pickups for long. // 10

LTD M-100FM Reviewed by: UG Team, on november 15, 2012

Purchased from: Tara Music Store, Jonesboro, GA

Features: Made back in 1998 24 frets, 23.25" scale. Solid top, no pickguard. Tone control, Volume control, 3 way selector Switch. H/H pickups I believe they are LTD humbuckers, they come standard on whatever guitars ESP produces in the LTD line. Passive electronics. Body is basswood, neck is maple back with rosewood fretboard and fingerboard. Finish, laminated Solid color, no pickguard. Body Stlye is Strat style Bridge, Floyd Rose w/ locking tremelo um..; I don't exactly know the make of tuners, they are non-locking at the headstock, but can be locked at the neck and tuned with the floyd rose too. Neck is regular 24 fret 23 3/4" scale, Rosewood, Maple back. Came with strap and cable (he threw in the cable cause I bartered with him). inverted headstock, also. // 8

Sound: Suits my style well, I play rythym, and it gives a good punch, with a fair variety of tones, I have tested it with two digitech pedals, models unknown, a pandora PX3 effects processor, a Boss D-1 distortion pedal, and two different Fender Amps. It is noisy if set to the bridge only position, but only if gain and reverb are up on the amp, other than that it is pretty subdued. Mostly a rich and heavy, full sound, but you can coax a bright tone form it occasionally, due to the uncovered pickups. Fairly Diverse range of sounds, it would be more diverse if it had another tone and a few more stops on the selector Switch, but it serves well for basic functionality, and for outlining tones. // 6

Action, Fit & Finish: Action is perfectly executed, retains tunings even on alternate and downtuned strings, pickups are adjusted well, top and floyd rose are set well, no finish errors. The guitar did contain one flaw when I got it. Apparantly, during the trip from the factory, the fret bar became dislodged, and as a result the action was high as hell. But I had the problem corrected and the guitar plays like a dream now, as it was set up to do. There are no other flaws on the guitar. // 8

Reliability & Durability: This guitar is not a thrash machine. I have had one pickup reset, as it sidled loose, and i have had the fret bar fixed as well, but that was a shipping accident. The hardware has lasted, except that there is a little rust on one of the allen nuts where the allen wrench has scraped the nut from locking/unlocking the frets, but they can be replaced. The finish is definitely strong, and still there after I have scratched it up due to not haveing a pickguard on it. The straps stay on forever, and the buttons are solid. It can be depended on, stays in tune well. I don't think I would use it wihout a backup though, as it may be damaged by antics onstage. It is fairly well made, but seems a bit fragile. // 6

Overall Impression: Been playing 7 years, have a Schecter C-1 classic, a digitech Pedal, Boss DS-1 Distortion pedal, two Fender amps, a korean made guitar that i got for free, and an Ibanez PF series acoustic guitar. If it were stolen i think i may buy a replacement, as this guitar is a fairly good guitar, especially for 280 bucks. I love the humbuckers and the floyd rose. I dislike the lack of more tone control. My favorite feature is the FLAT RADIUS FRETBOARD. I wish it had more tone control, maybe another selector, active pickups, a coil splitter (im gonna hot-rod it :)) An overall decent guitar, good for any lead or rythym player who wants a humbucker charged kick. // 6

LTD M-100FM Reviewed by: bonnerbomber, on november 15, 2012

Purchased from: sam ashmusic store

Features: This sweet axe was made in indonesia. It has 24 Frets with pearl inlays. The neck is made out of maple. Has a basswood body. Transparent finish comes in red and black. Strat body style. Sweet Floyd Rose bridge. 2 knobs with 3-way pickup selector. Locking nut with reverse headstock. // 9

Sound: Perfectly suit's a metal/rock sound and anything in between. I use a Marshall half stack and a Ibanez TS808 Tube Screamer Overdrive Pro Pedal. Can really crunch but only if you make it. The guitar has a large variety of sounds and styles, but it really depends on your equipment. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: pickups were ajusted pretty well. Guitar contained almost no flaws when I bought it, exept for a loose knob. All I did was tighten it with an alan key and it has never loosened since. Really, it's much mmore than you would expect from a 400 dollar guitar. The guitar came with extra springs, a whammy bar, an alan key, and replacement strings. // 8

Reliability & Durability: Holy Crap. This guitar can take one hell of a beating. I honestly don'tthink I could break it if I tried. This hardware will be around longer than I will be. Perfect strap buttons.I would us this baby in a gig without back up if my life depended on it. I could grind picks onto the finish all day and nothing would happen. // 10

Overall Impression: I play mostly metal and rock, and this couldnt be a better guitar for me. I got it for a pretty high price, but I am in no way disatified with my guitar. I have been playinf about a year, and I would recommend this guitar to any headbangers out there. If you like metal, you will love ESP. If I could change the past, I would have tried to get a better price for mine, but that was just the store. If stolen, I probably would buy either the same guitar or another ESP(probably an M-1000 viper). I love every aspect about the guitar. If I had to knit pick, I would say the guitar could use better fret material. it's obviously not a le paul, nut it defiitly is a great guitar for both beginners and pros. I chose this guitar because when I tried it out in the store, I felt an instant liking to it's personality. I wish it had hummbuckers, and that's all. Overall, this guitar can shred a baby into spaghetti. // 9

LTD M-100FM Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 15, 2012

Features: This is a Korean made Strat style guitar with 2 passive humbuckers, 1 tone, 1 vol, 3-way Switch, regular Tgeneriuc tuners similar to Grovers, and a licesenced floyd rose. I got this in 2001. I describe it as the most basic kammet signature w/a tremolo. Solid black finish, no pickguard. At the time I bought this, it was exactly what I was looking for in a guitar. // 9

Sound: The stock pickups got the job done, but are not anywhere close to good. However, they managed to stay in axe for several years. I depended on my FX to get the sounds I wanted. I have replaced the bridge with an Ibanez V-5 (Dual Blade, 16.0 Kohms) and a SD '59 in the neck. The guitar now has character and I stand to play it straight into the amp with out FX. one the replacement was made there was a night and day difference, I feel like it is a new guitar. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was set fine at first, but then I got my hands on it. it took me a long time to learn how to set it up for my purposes, since it was my first floating tremolo. Floyd roses can be a hassle, so go by a trem stabilizer. It has been too long for me to rate this category, but they make you so. // 8

Reliability & Durability: This guitar has withstood many parties; it will last. this is my workhorse/woodshedding guitar. I play it practically everyday. I have complete faith in esp/ltd. The one thing that has crapped out on me was the string retaining blocks in the bridge. The strings started popping out while tuning or playing. Got some replacements from music for like $ .30 a piece. After 4/5 years with this guitar, things start to wear down. // 10

Overall Impression: I'm your run of the mill rock/blues/metal/shredder. This guitar is now ideal for these styles. It took me seven years to get decent (imho), and I'm still working on it. This is as good as my '70s Vantage LP, Brownsville V, or homebuilt guitars. If this got lost I hate myself for a long time, and if it was stolen the theif better watch his back. I would upgrade to a similar, but better guitar, maybe a Strat made of mahogany. The neck is incredible, nice finish on it. My hand just slides up and down real easy. I would actually consider buying another one and put different humbuckers in it. It's that good. // 10

LTD M-100FM Reviewed by: carlosthegr8, on november 15, 2012

Purchased from: guitarampkeyboard.com

Features: It is a bolt on construction, with a rose fingerboard and maple neck, 24 frets, and a thin neck. the body is Agathis with a flame maple top. the Pick ups are ESP LH-100 and they are pretty high out put for stocks, there is two pick ups and a three way toggle switch. it has a floyd rose tremolo bridge and all hardware is black, the tuners are nothing special their just basic esp i think. color STBLK it also comes in red. // 9

Sound: this guitar is perfect for my style i am really into metal at the moment and i mostly play pantera, metallica, megadeth and other stuff like that, and this guitar is so suited for it. im playing through 30 watt vox valtronix (this amp is awesome) on a pretty dirty setting and it is practically noiseless. i dont really use the clean tone but i will say that is warm but its more made for a dark sound. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: i order this from a web site and the set up out of the box was not too great, this is because i had to play another 40 getting it set up because i didn't no how to do it myself. The pick ups didn't need to be adjusted witch is pretty lucky but apart form that i have no other problems // 8

Reliability & Durability: i do use this guitar live and it can withstand it no sweat, i'll still bring a back up for detune songs and string breaks (im really good at that) the hard ware is pretty solid and so are the strap buttons (im still going to swap the strap buttons out and i'll put some EMG's in it soon). the finish is solid as-well // 9

Overall Impression: this guitar is so good and its perfect for my style. i have been playing about a year and 3 months and im still playing more than an hour a day, usually more because im addicted to it. If this guitar was stolen i would cry because i cant afford a new one or i would most probably go and steal it back at gun point !!. i nearly brought a basic Ibanez with a floyd but i went for this on gut feeling and my gut was right. // 10

LTD M-100FM Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 15, 2012

Features: This guitar was made in Korea I'm guessing around 2001. It has two knobs on it, one tone, one volume, and a three way switch. The guitar has 24 jumbo frets with dot inlays, and has the model number on the twelfth fret. The body is basswood, neck is maple back with rosewood fretboard and fingerboard. It has a Floyd Rose w/ locking tremelo. The guitar usually comes with two LTD brand humbuckers but I got it with one humbucker and one EMG pickup. Overall for the price paid there are pretty good features on this guitar. // 7

Sound: This guitar fits my playing style well. I mainly play metal like August Burns Red, As Blood Runs Black, and The Black Dahlia Murder. But I also play alot of Pink Floyd and Red Hot Chili Peppers. My ltd humbucker broke but even before then I didn't really like the sound it provided. Both clean, and distorted the guitar sound wasn't that great. But when I switch to my EMG pickup the guitar sounds alot brighter and more rich. But the guitar sound does suit my music style its very loud and packs a punch I wouldn't really use this guitar on anything else but rock, metal, or punk. I can say that the EMG pickup makes the sound alot brighter and stronger but normally they don't come with one so I'm going to rate it as if it still had both regular stock ones. // 5

Action, Fit & Finish: When I got this guitar I can say the action was perfect. The pickups were adjusted perfect and it didn't really have any flaws. The feel of this guitar is amazing the neck is a thin U shape, when you play it if fits your hand perfect, and it plays so smooth. The strings bend very nicely and effortlessly. This is honestly my favorite part about this guitar It just feels perfect. I also have a Epiphone SG deluxe that I paid about five hundred for too but I can say I love the feel of this guitar way more. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I've never actually taken this guitar out of the house. I just mainly play at home. I've been playing for seven years and this has been my first guitar. I mainly use this one for the feel and sound and I still use it regularly. Everything is perfect but as I said before my stock humbucker broke. The screws came out and some wires on the inside got messed up so now I just rely on my EMG pickup. And the guitar does go out of tune quickly. I don't think I would use this guitar during a gig I can say this is more of a at home practice guitar. So I'm going to rate it a six. // 6

Overall Impression: Overall the guitar is great for the price I payed. If you get this guitar I strongly urge you to take out the humbuckers becuase they do hold back the sound alot. But with the EMG's it sounds much better and perfect for the style that I play. The action is amazing, and the guitar feels amazing to play and thats one main reason why I still have it. It looks simple just like a Strat without a pickguard but also looks good. For the price I payed I can say you can't really get any better than this guitar. And I still use it to this day after seven years. // 7

LTD M-100FM Reviewed by: MetalBoy, on november 15, 2012

Sound: It's got a really nice sounds, I had an F-50 before this, but this one sounds a bit brighter. Pickups are really good quality, but they give a little bit of feedback on my behringer amp (GX-110 Untraroc). // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: Action is a tad bit low. The neck is really nice and thin. The tuners are all on one side, flipped around, which look kind of crowded to me, but I'll live. The finish is real nice, it scratches kinda easy, but because it's a semi transparent unless they're reeally deep they probably wont show up majorly. // 8

Overall Impression: I play mostly metal, blues, and it sounsd good for these. I own a behringer GX-110 and it sounds really good in this. The clean tone it's kinda bleh with both pickups active, but the neck only sounds really nice. Distortion is pretty good too. If it were stolen I think I'd go for a viper though, but this is still a very good guitar. Good for learning and not too expensive. // 8

LTD M-100FM Reviewed by: metallica08, on november 15, 2012

Purchased from: Music123.com

Features: It comes with passive electronics, but I upgraded mine to an active EMG 81/85 set. They sound amazing, better than any Seymour Duncan and that includes the Dimebuckers, Invaders, JBs. The bolt-on neck gives great sustain, but not as much as a set neck or neck through. The floyd rose is amazing, good for crazy Dimebag solos, Metallica solos, or anything you can think of. // 10

Sound: I play mostly metal like Metallica, Iron Maiden, Pantera, etc. and this guitar is amazing for everything. The 81 gives me an amazing distorted sound, while the 85 is fat enough to give a gain boost and play blues, but it doesn't muddy up the signal. I'm currently running it through a DigiTech RP300 and a Crate 120 watt amp. The two sound amazing an I can easiy drown out my drummer (and he is the loudest kid you will probably play with). // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: For me the action was to far from the neck. I fixed it so I can slide a .88 mm pick in between the strings and 12th fret and it will stay. The satin finish neck is easier to play than the set necks that have laquer applied to them. The only problem I've had was one of the springs on the stock pickups popped out and it was sliding around, but I fixed it when I put in the active pickups. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I would use this guitar without a backup live, but different tunings means that I have to use two guitars. Some of the paint on the Floyd Rose is coming off, but it's because of palm-muting like crazy and the sweat that is on your hands. To me it gives it a worn, personalized feeling and it makes it my instrument. // 10

Overall Impression: I've been playing guitar for about 2 years, and I've seen alot of good guitars. My guitar teacher owns really expensive guitars like a Jackson Soloist from the mid eighties, two Ibanez, two ESPs, and that's not even half of his guitars. He always wants to play my guitar becuase he loves the way it plays. I could have bought an Ibanez, but they were a little bit expensive and I didn't really like their versions of a bolt-on. I could have bought a Jackson but the ESP appealed to me because Kirk Hammet plays one. Is that reason enough? Good guitar, buy it! // 10

LTD M-100FM Reviewed by: QuinnTheMighty, on november 15, 2012

Purchased from: zZounds.com

Sound: I think it sounds great! It fits my style (metal, rock). It sounds great clean. Has no buzz or hum. The amp I am using is a Marshall Full Stack with MG100HDFX Head, MG412A and MG412B Cabinets. My effects are MXR M101 Phase 90, Boss DS1 Distortion, Dunlop DB01 Dimebag Darrell Crybaby, DOD FX40B Graphic Equalizer, Rocktron Banshee Talk Box, Behringer DR100 Digital Reverb and Boss DN2 Dyna Drive Overdrive. As for sounds with the Floyd Rose you can go nuts, dive bombs are the best. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: It was put together great, I've had mine for over a year now and haven't had a single problem with it. The pickups are a little shacky in there, but other wise good. I read one review on a different website saying that he never got his Allen Wrenches, Tremelo Arm or any of the owners manualles or anything. I personally got everything so it may have been just his luck or Who ever he got it from. // 8

Reliability & Durability: This guitar can withstand a live show (I think), I'm waiting for that day. The hardware seems good, don't think it's going anywhere any time soon. Strap buttons pretty secure, I don't swing my guitar around that much but it they will stay in. it's very dependable. I personally would always have a abckup, it's just common sense. The finish is great. I haven't noticed any scratches yet. // 8

Overall Impression: I play metal and rock and I think this is a great match. I've been playing for 5 or so years. I own a few other guitars and amps aswell. This was my first guitar with a Floyd Rose, so I wish I had asked mroe questions about that. I never used one before so I was a little nervous with it, but now that I have one I think it's great! If it were stole or lost I would buy it again, but first I would like to try something else just because I know how this one feels and plays, but it's on the list to buy again. I compared it to the Schecter C1. I chose this one because I never heard of the Schecter brand. I knew more about ESP and the people that use them more. I chose this one because it was only 279.00 the best bang for the price I think and because ESP is better known name. there's a lot of things I wish it had, but your never going to get that perfect guitar unless you build one from scratch. // 9

LTD M-100FM Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 15, 2012

Features: 24 Jumbo frets, Floyd Rose bridge, locking nut, Allen keys. Solid red with black/midnight gray hardware. Bought a case and 10' Monster cable, but they were not included(Guitar Center did cut me a small break as a sort of "package deal", but this wasn't the first time that I had bought there). // 10

Sound: I play lead guitar for a classic/hard rock cover band, playing Van Halen, GNR, AC/DC, Nickelback, etc. I purchased this guitar on a budget for the hotter coiled pickups and Floyd Rose. I play through a B52 AT100 head, and it suits the job perfectly. Palm muting takes a little to get used to, as the volume knobs get in the way of your pinky if you have large hands like I do, but can pull off pinch harmonics better than any guitar I've ever played. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: Had Guitar Center change the factory strings for a set of Hybrid Slinkys and adjust everything before I took possession, but from playing in the store, couldn't tell anything wrong. Paint work is beautiful, on both the body and the hardware. Nothing loose, everything seems to work as it should. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I've bounced this around in the back of a pickup on the way to a show with no problems at all. All hardware seems solid with no loose knobs. Strap buttons were replaced with Strap-Loc's, as I do with all of my guitars, but the stock buttons seemed to be fine with a fat head to keep the strap from falling off. It is my primary guitar for Standard tuning, the locking nut keeps it in tune even after a few dive-bombs. // 10

Overall Impression: I've been playing for almost 6 years, my other guitar is a Gibson SG special. Only thing I wish ESP would change is move the volume/tone knobs back a bit to keep from hitting them while palm muting, but again I think the problem is my big hands. Would definitely buy another one if anything were to happen to this one. // 8

LTD M-100FM Reviewed by: Frankgt2, on november 15, 2012

Purchased from: Musicians Friend

Features: This thing is so worth it for it's price. Comes with jumbo frets, Floyd Rose system with lockings on nut, a reversed headstock, ESP humbucking pickups, and a 3 way Switch. Didn't came with any accesories, only with the tremolo bar and some allen wrenches to unlock the locking nut and adjust the bridge. // 9

Sound: It has a nice sound (distortion and clean) on the guitar for it's price. The only problem is to use the guitar in Dropped D, the strings sounds kind of wierd and that is annoying if you like to play metal stuff. Pinch harmonics aren't painful to do like in cheaper guitars. I use a Dunlop Crybaby with this thing and a PBS amp of 15watts and sounds amazing. (Some feedback eventually comes) // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: I had to waste a lot of money setting up and fixing this guitar. It came with some frets higher than others making the strings buzz and with the neck a little bit twisted. It's paint was amazing, it came with no scratches and I liked the way my guitar came by mail, the guitar was protected at all angles, nothing could have happened to it (don't try to throw your guitar in the box, I would not try either). The factory strings were good but I didn't came to "full test them" because of the twisted neck near the headstock. Playing a guitar for it's price is a dream, it has a thin and fast neck, allowing you to shred the crap out. // 7

Reliability & Durability: This guitar can withstand playing Live. It seems to last but not the Floyd Rose. Asking about the strap buttons? Is very painful to change the strap since is so stuck at the guitar, so I think you will not have problem trusting if it will hold your guitar. // 10

Overall Impression: I play mostly metal, such as Metallica and Iron Maiden, and hard rock like Guns n Roses and this guitar is it. It gets the sound you will want in metal and it has a lot of sustain. If were stollen or lost I would get this one again or another superior model with EMGs. I have been playing 4 years spanish guitar and I will have very soon a year with electric guitar and I think I will stay with this guitar quite a time, I will only do some updates in the future because I am so sastisfied with this guitar. // 9

LTD M-100FM Reviewed by: Control_Is_Dead, on november 15, 2012

Purchased from: samash.com

Features: Made In 2008 (USA) 24 XJ Frets (Maple With Rosewood Fretboard) Solid Top Basswood Body With Maple Top Flamed Maple Stratocaster-ish Floyd Rose Passive Volume and Tone Dual Humbuckers (ESP LH-150) Non locking ESP Tuners No Accessories Included When I first took this guitar out of its box from sam Ash, I was awestruck. The guitar looked amazing, and when I finally adjusted the floyd it sounded amazing too. It's sharp yet sleek design and black cherry flamed maple finish just made the 24 XJ frets, Floyd Rose, and all black hardware just that much more fun to play. The only thing to beware of is the build/stability of the guitar; it is an very ovbious side effect of using this guitat, it deteriates easily; and it wasn't built too solid in the first place. // 8

Sound: I am a metal guitarist, therefore ESP has always been a part of my gear. When I bought this guitar I hadn't made as much money as I had hoped, so I had to hold back and buy this model; which was probably the best deal at the time. The guitar stands up to my needs, it's a very agressive guitar after all. There is a disadvanage to rockers Who don't use alot of gain: even clean chords on this guitar have a "bite" to them, it will never go fully clean. This guitar is also VERY noisy. I have to use my friend's "hum-ex" plug and two "Noise Reduction" pedals to have this guitar play like I need it. This guitar has no variety; it was made for metal, and can't even do that too well. // 5

Action, Fit & Finish: When the guitar was made, ESP had one thing in mind; "First Impression. When I took this guitar out of the box I loved it to death. Now I'm trying to sell it. When I took it out of the box I had to adjust the pickups, bridge, and trus rod. So ESP did a poor job in that. There are no flaws you would see right away. You eed to play it for about 4 weeks to notice. After 4 weeks compare it to another guitar of yours. The other guitar will most likely sound better. // 3

Reliability & Durability: This guitar would break if a butterfly landed on it. I got my first guitar from my uncle about 10 years ago, when the guitar was about 15y/o. Now the guitar is 25y/o and play metal a whole lot better then my ESP. The odds of it standing up to a Live show are nearly impossible; and if it did you ave the wrong model. The hardware is somewhat sturdy but rusts VERY easily, it is probably easier to just replace the floyd with a better one (an actual one) and get sprezel tuners if u wish to be fully safe. Strap buttons were ok. As already stated I wouldn't even bring this guitar near a stage, it'd probably break in the case. // 1

Overall Impression: I play metal as earler stated. ESP is a guitar brand I trust very much, and usually makes high quality equipment, but this wasn't the caes. I guess I was just disapointedI have been playing guitar for 10 years (metal for 8) I have a 75watt peavy vyper and a Boss distrtion pedal, when my band and I play shows I borrow myfellow guitarist equipment. No, I could've asked all I wanted. Sales people have a job and everything they tell ypou is fixable or a good thing I would definatly get another guitar. This guitar tears me apart, because I LOVE the way it look, but it just plays horrible. My favorite part must be its finish. All the other ESP guitars i have played, because this is an odd duck in a sense. All other ESP guitars have blown me away. This hasn't ever given me a beeze. No but I wish it was a better quality. // 3

LTD M-100FM Reviewed by: luyano, on november 15, 2012

Purchased from: Audiomusica (Viña del Mar)

Features: The guitar was made on 2008, the serial number says an L that means the factory where was made but I don't know what L is. It should be somewhere around Asia. It has: -24 Jumbo frets -25.5 scale -Maple neck -Rosewood fretboard -Basswood body -Flamed maple top -Strat style body -Dark red finish -Floyd Rose Special bridge -2 passive ESP LH-150 stock humbuckers -1 volume, 1 tone and a 3-way switch -Non locking tuners It came with some allen keys and 009 strings but nothing special. // 8

Sound: I play a lot of music. Pop Rock, New Wave, Classic Rock, Hard Rock, Heavy Metal, Thrash Metal, Alternative Rock, Grunge, Latin Rock, Progressive Rock, Progressive Metal, Alternative Metal, Rap Metal, etc. I play with a Vox Valvetronix VT30 that suits my needs and sounds very nice. It is a little noisy with hi-gain settings but it is noticeably quieter than my Squier Strat It sounds nice with hi-gain, it can do all the "chugga chugga" that I want and solos Shine but on cleaner settings it doesn't sound so clean. The pickups are very hot so clean sounds are hard to get, even on the cleanest channel on my VT30 there is a little gain coming out of it so I will swap the pickups when I can. // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: Well, the guitar wasn't set up at all, the action was a little higher than usual. The bridge pickup was lower than the neck pickup when I got it but all those things were fixed by myself. The Floyd Rose special was a problem when I got it, it didn't stay in tune when I use the tremolo at all but since I change the stock strings for an Ernie Ball Regular Slinkys it stays in tune a lot better. The only thing about the floyd is that when I go up with the tremolo the guitar goes out of tune but if I go down like doing a dive bomb the guitar goes back in tune. The neck is very nice, it feels good and is easier to play fast and the access to the higher frets its comfortable. The guitar came with a problem with the switch, when I moved to the bridge pickup position the guitar almost didn't sound but on the middle position and the neck position the guitar sounded nice. I had to go with the warranty to fix the problem and the luthier in front of me fixed the switch that was a dirty and loose, since that the guitar didn't any problem. // 6

Reliability & Durability: The guitar seems to last, it looks and feel solid. The strap buttons looked nice but I changed them for some Dunlop Straplocks for security. The hardware looks solid but I will swap the pickups for some DiMarzio when I have the oportunity. I think that I could use it without a backup but anyways I will like to have a backup guitar for anything. The finish looks nice and solid, I think it will last. // 8

Overall Impression: I said before the styles that I play. Even if the guitar is focused on Metal I can play almost all of those styles with it (the pickups are a little hot for some styles). I've been playing like 3 years and a half and this is my second guitar. My first guitar is a Squier California Stratocaster with 3 single coils that are very noisy with any hi-gain setting. Before buying the guitar I looked for the serial number because all the LTD M-100FM made before 2008 were made of agathis and all the 2008 and 2009 models are made of basswood and I think that I made the right decision. If it were stolen I will look for another guitars anyways but if it were the best guitar in my price range, I would buy it again. I tried a Washburn X-42 model (if I remember correctly) that was nice but a little out of my range, a LTD M-103FM that I didn't like the neck single coil and a JEM JR that didn't like too much. My favorite feature is the floyd that is very nice for a guitar in this price range (better than an Edge III) and my least favorite feature is the neck pickup that is way too hot for my taste. Anyways great guitar for its price, make sure to try it to see if you like it and make sure it doesnt't have any big flaw. // 8

LTD M-100FM Reviewed by: metallica 666, on november 15, 2012

Features: Features : Made in indonesia 24 frets, the neck is a little thicker than an Ibanez, but not too thick flamed maple top superstrat style licensed Floyd Rose stock electronics are passive volume, tone , 3 way selector ESP pickups, but i changed them to EMGs ESP tuners // 8

Sound: Sound : With the EMG pickups this guitar sounds amazing it had an 81 and 60 in it at first but i swapped the 60 for an 85 and it sounds even better im using it with a usa made Peavey bandit and no pedals the pickups are silent ( no buzzing) on the bridge pickup it has a nice bright sound and on the neck pickup it has a nice rich tone this guitar can handle anything fron jazz to technical death metal // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: Action, Fit & Finish : this guitar had a perfect setup when i got this, it was in C Standard, this guitar can be setup quite easily, i have had it as low as drop F and tuned it back to d Standard and re did the action in less than 15 minutes Pickups were fine when i got it Bridge was Routed properly and stays in tune after massive divebombs no flaws on this when i got it it was all working everything was smooth, so no complaints. // 10

Reliability & Durability: Reliability & Durability i have played this guitar Live and for exams at school with no problems at all, i have smacked it on the computer desk too many times and not one scratch the hardware is very solid, my guess is it will last i dont know about the strap buttons, as i put a DiMarzio locking strap on it I wouldnt do a gig without a backup but i probably wouldnt need a backup with this i play this guitar alot, and the finish is still like new the guitar is at least 2 years old // 9

Overall Impression: i mainly play metal, this guitar handles it perfectly i have been playing almost 3 years, i also own a 90s Epiphone Explorer with Seymour Duncan livewires and i have owned jacksons and Ibanez's the seymour duncans have a much better clean sound than EMGs nothing i would've asked befor buying, this guitar is great if it were stolen, i would hunt the theif down and stab them with the pointy headstock, this guitar has sentimental value. i love just about everything about this guitar, i just wish it had a little more sustain and its really light aswell which is cool i had an LTD EC-50 with EMG 81 85 before this and i like the neck on the EC-50 better, but this guitar is much prettier and i love the Floyd Rose // 9

Purchased from: RITS music

Features: -24 Extra Jumbo Frets (The norm for most ESP/LTD's) -Flamed Maple top -Bass wood body, maple neck,and a rose wood fretboard -Extra Thin Flat Neck Contour -I got mine in the Black Cherry Red, looks exelent -Its a Strat body style, very comfortable -It has a special Floyd Rose bridge -1 volume knob, 1 tone knob, and a 3 way pick up selector switch -The pickups on it are the ESP LH-150 pickups(Bridge and Neck), pretty decent, Although Im planning on upgrading to EMG's -ESP tuners and because of the floyd rose, also has a locking nut // 9

Sound: The sound is great from this guitar, although could be better (because of pick ups)I use it for playing metal, mostly thrash metal. But the cleans are very nice also. I'm running the LTD through a DJ-21C Black Coffee Metal Distortion into my MIMX30 Ibanez amp, If manged to get a nice heavy sound from these, dispite the mediocore pedal. The Guitar its self is QUIET, the only noisy I get is from my pedal, but running straight into my amps distortions its silent. I haven't tried to much sounds with this guitar though. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: This guitar was set up great for me from the factory, I did however have to adjust the bridge pickup just so I could kick out some extra distortion. The Floyd Rose was setup perfectly balanced and did not give me any trouble. The one thing that I've had trouble with is that the tone knob was loose when I got it, but thats probably the stores fault. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I think this guitar would stand a live concert. Everything on it seems solid except the Floyd goes out of tune when used exessivly, but not that much, if it was exactly tuned In E it would go flat about -10 (I think thats what the number is on the eletric tuners)if you have one you will probably know what I'm talking about, its not that much, and seeing how your playing live no one will notice. The strap locks are awesome, much better than my friends Gibson and my old Strat nock off. The finish I belive will last for a very long time. // 10

Overall Impression: Overall this guitar is awesome. Plays great and the neck is very smooth. Looks awesome and all my band mates always wanna play it. If it was stolen I would most likely buy the higher end model, the M-300fm. My favorite feature is the Floyd Rose and it has not gave my many problems, I have restringed it before and drop tuned it. Its not a problem IF you know what your doing. So far, there isnt anything I really hate about this guitar other than the inlays, I kinda wish they had a more unique design. But I heard you can just buy some inlay stickers that are .007mm thin. Overall this is a great guitar for the price, plays great, looks great, and is awesome overall. // 9

LTD M-100FM Reviewed by: aidfallen, on november 15, 2012

Features: Made in Indonesia. With a Basswood body, Flamed Maple Top, Maple neck, Rosewood fretboard, 24 Frets, Jumbo frets, Floyd Rose Special Bridge, a extra thin flat neck contour, ESP LH-150 pick-ups, 3-way toggle & Volume & a tone knobs. Finishing colour is a 'See thru black cherry. // 8

Sound: Its perfect for metal or any rock genre's. The music I play are usually metal & I'm playing it connected to a Peavey Blazer 158 amp & once played it with a Marshall as well as a Crate FW120 amp & it sounds heavy & great but can be better if I changed the pick-ups. But overall, I'm happy with the sound & tone it gives out whether I'm in Standard tuning or dropped tuning. But as I say, could be better if I changed the pick-ups. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: One word, Awesome. I feel very comfortable playing with it. The neck feels very smooth & good. Everything about the guitar is good except when I purchase it, the tuning pegs were quite tight unlike other guitars I played. But other than that, its a good job by the factory which made my guitar. // 9

Reliability & Durability: So far, the guitar has been good for me. Never played gig with it so I can't say much about "live playing with the guitar". But I will surely use it for live gig if I have the opportunity because I believe it can "kill" as well as it is a dependable guitar. // 8

Overall Impression: Overall, a perfect guitar for either beginners to expert as well as a good guitar for metal and other rock genres. Its a perfect piece for me as it suites me and my music perfectly. I love everything about it. I will definitely change the pick-ups so to have a more crunchier and heavier tone. I hope I could own another or more ESP guitars because to me, ESP are the best guitars I've played. // 9

Purchased from: The Rockshop

Features: 24 extra jumbo frets, flamed maple top, basswood body, maple neck, rosewood fretboard, super Strat body, Floyd Rose bridge, 1 volume knob, 1 tone knob, 3 way selector switch, ESP tuners with a locking nut. // 8

Sound: I play pretty much metalcore through this guitar. I played a bit of rock and pop-punk when I first got it before I tuned it down to drop C. It pretty much suits what I play perfectly. I normally play through a Peavey Triple X and it sounds great. It has a real heavy distorted tone but can also pull of some pretty sweet cleans too. I'm gunna be upgrading to Duncans so I'd imagine that'd just make it better. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: All in all, the guitar came set up really well. I normally spend a good two or three hours going over my new guitars to set them up how I like them but I haven't adjusted this guitar much at all. The pickups were well adjusted and the Floyd Rose was set up well and was tuned to standard and had the intonation set up. There's one thing I wasn't such a fan of and that was that the frets seemed to protrude a little to much from the neck so on the odd occasion my hand catches them when I slide up/down the neck. Other than that though, it's a solid guitar. // 8

Reliability & Durability: This guitar can take a beating. I have a fairly aggressive style so I find myself hitting the finish on the odd occasion and so far it's stood up to everything I've thrown at it. The hardware's also as tough as nails. I'm not sure what the stock strap buttons are like as I put straplocks on it as soon as I got it. I've gigged this guitar and it stood up well. I wouldn't use it without a backup but that's not down to the guitar, that's just down to me always gigging with a back up. As said above, the finish is solid and has stood up to everything I've thrown at it. // 10

Overall Impression: Overall this is a great guitar. I got it as an insurance replacement for an Epiphone SG Gothic and much prefer the LTD. This guitar has become my main gigging guitar as it just sounds and plays right for what I need. I am Mega fussy when it comes to buying guitars and have been known to spend 5 or 6 hours in the music store playing guitars when I'm looking for new instruments and this guitar is everything I wanted. It was cheap as at $800 New Zealand dollars and it is definitely worth the price I paid for it. If this guitar was stolen or broken I'd buy it again in a heartbeat assuming of course it's available over here with a relative shortage of guitars. // 9

LTD M-100FM Reviewed by: LUIS_1024, on november 15, 2012

Purchased from: Sam Ash

Features: This guitar is produced in Indonesia, in an automized line, not sure in what year. It has 24 XJ frets, with a scale of 25.5", a rosewood fingerboard and extra thin-flat neck contour. It has a solid-top, the body is made of basswood and the neck is made of maple. The body finish is flamed maple top that comes in see-trhu black and see-trhu black cherry. The body style goes like a Strat and the bridge is a Floyd Rose special, that is very reliable and durable, I bought it on July and haven't go out of tune. The electronics are all passive, you don't need a single battery, it have Master tone and Master Volume controls and a 3-way selector. The pickups configuration is H/H, it comes with 2 ESP LH-150 (Bridge & Neck), and have ESP tuners. // 10

Sound: It suits perfectly my music style that goes from thrash to metalcore. I use it with a Line 6 Spider IV 15 in metal settings, that is very similar to a distortion of death metal. The sound is very rich and bright, you just need time to figure out an amp setting that suits you. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The factory set-up was great, it comes with .009 gauge and E standard tuning, the action was very low. The pickups were well adjusted, even tough I changed the height of them. The top was properly bookmatched, same as with the bridge. It didn't had any piece of hardware bad or oxidized. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I have this guitar since 7/1/2011 and on every live play I've made it was perfect sound. The hardware will last until you want, including the strap buttons. It is be very reliable, I wouldn't doubt to take only this guitar to tour since it won't wear off with constant play. // 10

Overall Impression: I always played metal and this guitar is just perfect for me, 6 months with it with my KH-95 wah pedal and my DigiTech RP-70 guitar processor, it's a great combo for live playing. If this guitar would be stolen for me I could change my mind and buy a Jackson RR3 (I didn't do it before because of my mom's budget) but is just an amazing guitar for the price paid, I wouldn't change anything in this guitar except the FR special for an Original FR. // 9

LTD M-100FM Reviewed by: flyfshr, on november 15, 2012

Price paid: C$ 313

Purchased from: TheArts newmarket ontario

Features: Made in Indonesia, 24 extra jumbo frets, thin satin maple neck with rosewood board and standard dot markers, transparent black on a maple veneer and basswood body, lh150 humbuckers, single volume and tone with 3 way switch, reverse headstock. And a floyd rose special, which I understand is basically a Korean floyd with zinc block and saddles. // 8

Sound: I play 80's metal, mostly NWOBHM, Saxon, Priest, Maiden, Diamond Head, the LH150's which I wrongly assumed of being crap stock pickups, really impressed me with how OK/Good they were for passives, having paid only $300 I think I'll proudly leave them stock. Mind you I tried it through a nice tube amp at the store. Think I'll spend more on an amp when I get the cash, for now I play it unplugged as I have no choice. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The price tag really lured me in and put me off at the same time, I'm on a tight budget but didn't want a crap guitar that I was just going to sell later on. I couldn't find anything wrong, obviously not a $1000 plus ESP but for what it cost I am very impressed, the intonation had been set up perfect, as well the action, whether someone at the store did this or they received it that way I don't know. Not a blemish on the finish and the frets have no rough spots, I played every string and fret to check for buzzing and none. // 10

Reliability & Durability: Too soon to tell but I'm going to assume this guitar will last me long. I'm really nitpicky with my stuff so I can't really comment on durability, I don't gig either. I'm a 36 year old Railroad worker who just plays for fun in my living room watching TV. // 6

Overall Impression: This guitar has basically everything I wanted in a guitar as far as features and finish, I've been playing 26 years and through some hard times had to sell some guitars, most recently my Ibanez Artcore AS93 to save my dog. I basically wanted a cheap guitar that looked and sounded good, and felt good too, maybe too much to ask for but ESP delivered and for this I applaud them. Currently supporting my wife and kid and paying alimony and child support to my ex, it's just good to be playing guitar again. I'm happy with it and if were lost/stolen/pawned to make car payment, etc... I'd definitely get another LTD. // 8

LTD M-100FM Reviewed by: adnan545, on november 15, 2012

Features: Now before You comment about the rating of the guitar, I would like to make it clear that this is rating is in relation to other guitars in the same price range... Don't know where it was manufactured, can't figure it out from the serial number. 24.5 inch scale, maple neck (extra thin flat-neck contour), I love the neck, its flat and fast. Rosewood fretboard, It has 24 jumbo frets. The fretwork is excellent, no uneven frets and the jumbo frets are fantastic for bends. The guitar has a basswood body and flamed maple top and as the pictures show, its a superstrat shape. It has two LH-150 passive humbuckers, one volume and one tone knob and a three way pickup selector. For me the most important feature for this guitar was the Floyd Rose Special bridge. There are a lot of options when you are looking to buy a guitar with a double locking tremolo within $450 and after extensive research I've found that Floyd Rose Specials are the best. They are actually not licensed versions of the original rather a cheaper make of the original Floyd Rose targeted for budget guitars. FR Specials are way better than any other licensed floyds especially the Ibanez Edge III or ZR tremolo systems. // 9

Sound: Well, I play Rock, Metal, Blues and Jazz. This is a guitar for metal, jazz and blues don't sound that great with the stock pickups. The pickups are very responsive, I use a Vox 75W amp and on the clean channel it sounds warm and bright, on the distortion channel it sounds even better. I've played EMG HZ passives and compared to them the LH-150s lack a bit of definition and brightness and if I rate the EMGs at 7/10 (Dimarzio Fan) the LH-150 would be 5.5/7 or maybe a 6. Quite good for stock pickups, better than Ibanez INF3s and INF4s and Jackson CVR2s. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: Well the factory setup was horrible, action was super high and neck was not straight. The guitar store setup the guitar for me and their setup was less than satisfactory. I had to setup the Floyd Rose myself (my first Floyd mind you) and after that it has not gone out of tune even after crazy divedombs and pull ups. The pickup height didn't bother me, the volume is even on both the pickups. The finish is flawless and I have yet to find any flaws on this guitars. // 7

Reliability & Durability: I haven't played live with it yet, it should withstand live playing, feels like a solidly built guitar. Hardware and finish should last long, strap buttons are quite big and solid. // 8

Overall Impression: I haven't been playing long, 3 yrs and this is the first electric I've owned I have tested a lot of guitars before buying this one, done a lot of research. The Floyd Rose Special, Flamed Maple top and the stock pickups are my favourite features. If this ever gets stolen or lost I would buy a Schecter with a Floyd Rose Special. // 9

LTD M-100FM Reviewed by: guitarplayer369, on march 14, 2013

Features: Not sure what year this model is, my guess would be anywhere from 2002 to 2007. It a Strat style body made of basswood with a maple neck and a rosewood finger board. It has a lisenced Floyd Rose trem with a locking nut. Two ESP stock humbuckers (not as good as the newer M-100FM version pickups though), 1 volume and 1 tone control, a 3 way blade switch. Standard ESP tuner, 24 fret 25.5 scale length extra jumbo frets. Basic black paint and gloss and the neck is glossed too. I belief this is a Korean made guitar // 9

Sound: No offence, but really didn't care much for the stock pickups. They were way too bassy sounding, the output wasn't the best and it seen like ESP was trying the copy a Seymour Duncan TB-4 and SH-2 and did a poor job at it. The cleans could be ok, but over driver took a lot of tweaking to get a decent rock and metal tone from. BTW, I would not recommend putting certain pickups in this guitar. The is a basswood body, so if use an EMG 81 in the bridge it will sound aweful since basswood brings out more highs and lacks a bass tone. An EMG 85 will work in the bridge though since it has more lows and less highs. This may sound odd, but the best pickup IMO to use if you want to replace these would be a DragonFire active set. For some odd reason they really work great with basswood, agathiest and are alright with alder since they are light wood. Mahogany is ope wood you never want to use a pickup with a lot of lows and lower mids. I found that out the hard way, it will make your guitar sound way to dark in tone. // 6

Action, Fit & Finish: Since I got this guitar used I can't 100% judge it. I came with a chip on it so I assume the wood is not the sturdiest. It has a nice thin neck and the fretwood seemed fairly decent especially for the price even brand new. I personally hate neck with nay paint or gloss finish on the back of them, but I found a trick for this. I took a piece of very fine sand paper to remove to finish and got it baby smooth. After doing that, adjusting the truss rod and action the guitar is extremely playable for me now. There were a few loose knobs, input jacks and switch, but were easy fixes for me, so no big deal. The electrical work was done well. I didn't get a bunch of crackle from the guitar. Now on the other hand the licensed Floyd Rose is terrible on this model. When I went to set the action one a piece of the trem system cracked off and now I have to replace the whole trem system, the fine tuners stick a lot and are hard to move, but once set it does stay in tune decently. // 7

Reliability & Durability: In the condition I got the guitar in I would not relied on it for anything more than jamming around the house. It's was far from gig worthy when I got it. Now with all the mods I did to the guitar it's almost ready where I could gig with it. Once I replace the Floyd Rose it will be ready. After sanding the neck, adjusting the action and replacing the pickup with a DragonFire set it not only plays great, but also sounds a 1000 times better. For all the time, effort and money spend to get this thing playable is was not worth buying at all. I can't say it a total loss because it forced me to learn setup and mod skills which it very useful to know. // 5

Overall Impression: In it's current state it fits my needs, in the condition a bought it in it had much to be desired. I've been playing for 28 years and it's amazing how much I learn everyday, not only about music but equipment as well. I wish I had view demos on this model and read reviews before I bought it, if I had I would of realized this guitar was not worth what I paid for it. If lost or stolen it would be no big deal considering my new ESP rocks :). If stolen I feel sorry for the person that tries to sell it to someone else, they're not likely to get much for it with a cracked Floyd Rose. If I had tried M-100FM I would of spent the extra money since it's a better designed guitar and sounds a lot better stock than this did. I bought the guitar over 4 years ago I realized in the past 3 years what a good deal is and what I bad deal is. If I had the compared this to anything I'd say it would be 1 step above an Ibanez RG120, but the Ibanez is at least sturdier but has less features and sound slightly worse. Video from YouTube:

// 6

More ESP reviews rating category latest review
+ LTD Xtone PC-2-12 9 Electric Guitars 11/12/2014