LTD M-207 Review

manufacturer: ESP date: 11/15/2012 category: Electric Guitars
ESP: LTD M-207
The M-207 has a floyd rose bridge and Duncan Design humbuckers that deliver crushing distorted tones and thick warm clean tone.
 8.7
 9.4
reviews (2) 8 comments vote for this gear:
LTD M-207 Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 15, 2012

Purchased from: Local pawn shop

Features: Great 7 string guitar, I got it used for an amazing price. The 207 series was discontinued in 2002 I believe. Its body is, I believe made of alder and the neck may be either mahogony or maple (not too sure). Mine has a very dark maroon glitter style finish, it has a Strat like body. The M-207 has a floyd rose bridge, mine has some trouble tuning though. It comes stock with Duncan Design humbuckers that deliver crushing distorted tones and thick warm clean tone. I did have a problem with the plug jack but I fixed it. // 8

Sound: I play mainly heavy metal and some jazz so this guitar suits my styles perfectly. Right now I'm using this guitar with a Fender Frontman 212 and a Digitec Metal Master pedal and it sounds amazing, very thick and clean. Unfortunatly the guitar has a locking tremolo so its hard to de-tune it which I love to do. But it does make up in its soloing capabilities. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The action on the low strings seems to be lower than on the high strings and causes very little problem but does affect the overall feel a bit. The pickups are perfect, I doubt I will change them. Other than that no problems. // 8

Reliability & Durability: This guitar would be perfect for live playing, the hardware is strong and the strings don't break much which is good. The strap buttons are a bit loose at times, but I use a locking strap so it really doesn't matter. I would play without a backup guitar at a gig. // 10

Overall Impression: Overall I think this guitar is great for metal, if you ever find one of these somewhere I would definetly buy it. I've only been playing over 2 years and had no knowledge of floyd rose trems until I bought this, they are a pain. If this guitar was ever stolen I would not sleep until it was found, these guitars are quite rare in the fact they aren't made any more. My friend has an H-207 and they are almost the same guitar except for the floyd rose. I really do wish it didn't have the trem because it is a hassle at times. // 8

LTD M-207 Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 15, 2012

Purchased from: Friend

Features: The LTD M-207 was made back in 2002 I think and is now discontinued so I suppose you could consider it quite a rare find. The first thing you'll notice is that this is a 7 string electric. It has a licensed Floyd Rose trem w/ locking tuners, 1 volume and 1 tone knob, 24 frets, the inlays seem to be 'similar' to shark tooth inlays. I believe it is maplewood body. // 10

Sound: I play mostly metal like Iron Maiden, Metallica and Megadeth and this guitar is great for that sorta stuff. Unfortunately I am stuck with a shitty cube 15 which really doesn't do this guitar any justice but it still sounds great through it. The Seymour Duncan pickups sound great for pretty much anything and the bridge pickup gives a really great sound for soloing. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: When I first got this guitar there was a problem with the pickup wiring and I couldn't Switch between the pickups but that was because it was second hand so after I got that sorted everything worked great. The action is nice and low just the way I like it, unfortunately for me I have yet to get the locking tuners for the Floyd Rose (because it was 2nd hand it didn't come with them so I had to order them in) so if I use the whammy bar too much it tends to go out of tune but that's not too big a problem as I don't use the whammy THAT much. I suppose I can't blame the guitar for this though as it would work fine if it did have the locking tuners (I presume). // 10

Reliability & Durability: I have played this guitar at a gig and it worked perfectly, mine has strap locks so I pretty much will never have to worry about the strap breaking. Mine has a black finish which umm I doubt will ever come off. I already have and would again use this guitar Live without a backup. // 10

Overall Impression: I play metal and rock and this guitar is perfect for my tastes. I've been playing 2 years now and I don't plan on changing guitars for some time to come. Before buying it I compared it to a couple of Ibanez guitars with pretty much the same features and I found this to be a better guitar all round. If it was stolen I would try my best to find another but I doubt I'd beable to find another one, at least around where I Live. Anyway overall this guitar is amazing for someone looking for a metal guitar which will last them for a couple of years, now all I need is a better amp. // 10

More ESP reviews rating category latest review
+ LTD GUS-600EC Gus G 9.1 Electric Guitars 10/06/2014