LTD M-53 Review

8.2
 6.5
review (1) pictures (2) 29 comments vote for this gear:
LTD M-53 Reviewed by: bruffy7, on november 15, 2012

Features: -Made in Indonesia -22 XJ frets on a 25.5" scale -Solid top -Maple neck and fretboard, basswood body -Satin black -Strat style -Vintage tremolo bridge -Passive electronics -1 volume, 1 tone, 5 way selector switch -2 ESP LS-150S in the neck and Bridge and an ESP LH-150 in the bridge -ESP tuners -Included all required alan keys, extra Bridge spring, tremolo bar, and the store provided a free bag. // 7

Sound: Great for chuggers, very full bass and the thin neck suits my metalcore/emocore style, but a little tinny in the highs, I never use the single coils, the humbucker does everything I need it to. I do not use effect pedals, I only use a Line 6 Spider III 15 watt, I normally go for a scooped out sound on the insane channel with distortion boost on and full channel volume for even more dirt, I then use a small amount of reverb to lighten the sound a little. I get a tiny bit of feedback if I'm being stupid with it but it never troubles me, the lows are incredibly full and perfect for anyone who plays a lot of heavy breakdown riffs. This guitar pulls off even the craziest sounds, from the solo to "Invincible" by Muse to any Children Of Bodom and Bullet For My Valentine. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The action was just about ok, not as low as I like it but better than a lot of guitars I've tried. The pickups were bang on centred, but that is excusable seeing as they are good enough that I have not needed to adjust them. Everything on the guitar was set up for Standard tuning. Too bad I play in drop C. The only flaw worth pointing out is that one of the tuning keys was slightly looser than the rest. // 7

Reliability & Durability: With a guitar like this, you need a good strap, the first time I played this guitar, my strap came off and my studded belt scratched the paint job, it's taken a beating, but it can take one. The hardware has lasted until now without deteriorating so I cannot imagine why they wouldn't last a very long time. This is the only guitar you need for a gig, it does everything for me. The finish should last, provided you don't kick the crap out of your guitar every other Tuesday. // 9

Overall Impression: I play a lot of post hardcore and metal, this guitar does everything I need and more. I have been playing for 5 years and I currently use nothing more than my M-53, my Spider 3 and UG. If it was stolen, I'd replace it with an MH-50, I just simply can't resist a HH archtop. I love the way it says ESP on this guitar more than 10 times, but the satin finish chips away too easily and collects a lot of finger prints. Compared to similar priced guitars, this beats each and every one of them time and time again in terms of veratility and extremity. I would only change the appearance, give it an archtop in metallic black with white binding, black neck finish, ebony fretboard, red star inlays. // 9

More ESP reviews rating category latest review
+ LTD KH-2 9.3 Electric Guitars 06/23/2014