LTD MP-600 Review

manufacturer: ESP date: 11/16/2012 category: Electric Guitars
ESP: LTD MP-600
This is Bullet For My Valentine's lead guitarist, Michael Paget's signature model. The neck-thru construction of the LTD MP-600 Michael Paget electric guitar ensures incredible strength and sustain from this V-styled monster. Just by looking at ESP's LTD MP-600 you can tell that this instrument is something special.
 8.9
 9.4
 8.4
review (1) pictures (1) 7 comments vote for this gear:
LTD MP-600 Reviewed by: jtallen0496, on november 16, 2012

Features: There was no review for this axe, so I figured why not make one? This is Bullet For My Valentine's lead guitarist, Michael Paget's signature model. It's features include: - Body Type: V, string-thru - Body Wood: Mahogany - Scale Length: 25-1/2" - Neck Joint: Neck-thru - Neck Wood: Mahogany - Fretboard: Ebony - Neck Shape: Thin U - Frets: 24 Medium - Nut Width: 42mm graphite - Bridge: TonePros locking - Pickup Bridge: EMG 81 active humbucker - Pickup Neck: EMG 85 active humbucker - Controls: Vol / Vol / Tone/ 3-way pickup toggle - Tuners: Sperzel locking - Hardware color: Black nickel // 10

Sound: I play mostly heavy metal, and this guitar was built to shred. I play this on a Fender G-DEC amp with all of my presets and it sounds amazing. The neck feels great, unplugged has a nice ring to it, plugged in the EMGs give a really great sound even with gain on really high the tones are sweet and clear as a bell, great sustain, the build quality is great. I have never tried the ESP-signature which costs about 4 times as much and seems to have more or less the same specs so I don't really get the difference in price because this sounds and plays like business... Even I sound quite good with this baby in my hands... My only gripe is the body... Is really big and ugly but heh I knew that when I bought it // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: Love the look and feel of this guitar. The speed and weight of the guitar make it such a joy to play. The Pick ups are awesome as you can assume coming from EMG. This guitar is amazing. I pulled it out of the box and was instantly pleased. It looked so good, even better than how you see it online. I could tell that it was very solid, well built. I plugged it in and the sound is incredible. Very heavy sounding. There was a bit of fret buzz just like the reviews say, but I lowered the bridge and through on 11 gauge strings and it has become less. I would take it to a professional to set it up, that might get rid of the buzz completely. // 7

Reliability & Durability: This guitar is Very durable. I would never gig without a backup because that is very stupid, but you could toss this thing off the empire state and it would still be solid. Just by looking at ESP's LTD MP-600 you can tell that this instrument is something special. Beautiful finish tells the story of extraordinary craftsmanship of ESP. Action is superb, and easily adjustable. The first time you pick up LTD MP-600 and play it, you will notice that this is a top quality guitar. Hardware is no exception; it is carefully chosen and will last you for a long time // 10

Overall Impression: The neck-thru construction of the LTD MP-600 Michael Paget electric guitar ensures incredible strength and sustain from this V-styled monster. String vibrations naturally travel the entire length of the guitar. Those vibrations are sent to your amp two beefy active EMG pickups: an EMG 81 at the bridge and an EMG 85 at the neck. Individual volume controls for each pickup and a pickup selector toggle allow you to make lightning fast changes from rhythm to lead. The guitar neck features a fast U-shaped profile and an ebony fingerboard with 24 medium frets, perfect for metal madness. Black Nickel hardware completes the MP-600's sinister look. The only thing this axe needs is a set of hands to play it. // 10

More ESP reviews rating category latest review
+ LTD EX-50 7.9 Electric Guitars 04/18/2014