LTD V-200 Review

review (1) 12 comments vote for this gear:
LTD V-200 Reviewed by: Darkshade666, on november 15, 2012

Price paid: C$ 449

Purchased from: Steve's Music Store

Features: It's a solid-body with a very solid glossy black finish. It's a V shaped guitar (Mustaine style) with sharp edges, with a basswood body and a tune-o-matic string-thru body bridge. It has 24 Jumpo frets and a Rosewood fretboard, and comes with two passive ESP Humbucker pickups. // 9

Sound: This is the third guitar I've owned. Before going to the store to buy it I looked for some reviews on UG and found none, so I thought I'd try it myself before buying it. I tried it, and I must stay it's absolutely amazing. I play through a Roland Cube 60X, this guitar has never let me down. I never recall hearing any noise from it ever, not in the least. The three knobs give better overall control of the Tone. I play anything from Rock to Melodic Death Metal to Bluesy kind of stuff, and I must say this guitar does it's job. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: I don't know how the guitar was set-up at the factory, since I got it set up by a professional the day I bought it. Pickups were positioned accurately. I can't really see any flaws in this guitar, although I don't like Dot inlays very much. The solid glossy black finish is also great and shiny enough. Like most V-shaped guitars you need a proper long strap. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar can last very long, only if properly handled. Hardware seems fine, but the guitar itself feels very light, and a bit fragile. Of course, I can depend on it solely in a gig without backup, given that I won't be throwing it around. Finish is thick enough to last ages, and does not wear off easily, and the chrome is bright enough to Hurt the eyes. // 7

Overall Impression: For a Metal guitar, I can't recommend anything better with that budget. It's very versatile, matches several styles and tastes aswell. I've been playing guitar for about five years now, I have a Fender Stratocaster and a Gibson Lespaul, and this guitar is by far my favorite. The only reproach I can make the fact that it is hard to play it while sitting down. If it got stolen I would definitely buy it again. I compared this guitar to the Jackson RR-30 and to a Washburn V which I can't recall the name, and this one beat them both. // 10

More ESP reviews rating category latest review
+ LTD Xtone PC-2-12 9.2 Electric Guitars 11/12/2014