LTD V-401FM Review

manufacturer: ESP date: 11/16/2012 category: Electric Guitars
ESP: LTD V-401FM
Great guitar if you play metal but great to play all around. This suits my playing and music style very well.
 8.4
 9.6
 7.1
review (1) pictures (3) 7 comments vote for this gear:
LTD V-401FM Reviewed by: Jim_Dunlop User, on november 16, 2012

Purchased from: Maars Music

Features: Made in 2011 in Korea but don't let that fool you it is built like a tank. Features of the guitar are as follows: - Set-Thru Construction - 25.5" Scale - Mahogany Body - Flamed Maple Top - Maple Neck - Rosewood Fingerboard - 42mm Standard Nut - Thin U Neck Contour - 24 XJ Frets - Black Nickel Hardware - Grover Tuners - TOM Bridge - EMG 81 in both neck and bridge - Bridge Volume - Neck Volume - 3-Way Toggle - Master Tone // 10

Sound: This suits my playing and music style very well I mostly play thrash metal so think Megadeth, Exodus all that lovely stuff I also play stuff from Dream Theatre, Rush, Guns N' Roses etc this can do it all. I use this with a Peavey Bandit 112 and once in a Blue Moon run a tube screamer and sounds great to me and my bandmates enjoy it alot. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar when I got it delivered from the ESP dealership was setup pretty well action was a tad high and the factory strings were okay at best changed those everything is great now. Properly routed bridge I haven't notice any flaws its perfect and with the money. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I will be using this guitar live soon but it well hold up to playing live and I always have a back up because you never know what will happen the finish is great but its a little darker in real life then the images on the ESP website. Still looks great with the flame maple top this thing is a beauty. // 9

Overall Impression: Great guitar if you play metal but great to play all around and it fits perfect on the legs when playing sitting down if it was stolen I would buy another one maybe in black. I compared this to the Dean VMNT Dave Mustaine Flying V and I liked this one better. // 10

More ESP reviews rating category latest review
+ LTD MH-103QM 8 Electric Guitars 08/07/2014