LTD Viper-10 Review

manufacturer: ESP date: 11/15/2012 category: Electric Guitars
ESP: LTD Viper-10
It is a Chinese made ESP Viper 10. It has a rosewood fretboard with compete 24-frets.
 Reliability & Durability: 5.5
 5.3
 6.7
reviews (2) pictures (1) 48 comments vote for this gear:
LTD Viper-10 Reviewed by: viper10, on november 15, 2012

Purchased from: Furtados

Features: Mine is a Chinese made ESP VIPER 10. It has a rosewood fretboard with compete 24-frets. It has a glossy balck finish, although that's a bit of a problem as fingerprints show easily on the surface-requires regular cleaning. Like it's successors, it has a curved body with a slight tilt to one side. Its two humbuckers add a slight cruch effect to the clean sound. It came with a 10-watt amp, a 3m lead( which was of low quality and lasted 4 months) and a set of 3 marvellous picks. The amp has an overdrive option and produces satisfactory hard rock tones. // 9

Sound: I play a variety of genres such as rock, metal, punk, country and it adapts to each of them quite well, though I feel that it is most comfy playing the rock/metallic sounds. It comes with the ESP amp and it sounds heavenly on overdrive(no pedal required). It has a rich, deep sound and its not very noisy. It can play most kind of sounds and its perfectly compatible with slides, hammers, pull-backs and as a matter of fact even slap(as I realized while experimenting one day. Full marks to it! // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The viper 10 is a sturdy piece of equipment. Its made of solid agathis wood. It has 3 smooth pick ups. The top is properly bookmatched. Its metallic knobs have a problem as with time they lose their Shine and slowly turn black. Otherwise, it rocks! This is a must buy. Wood is of excellent quality. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I have used this guitar in many gigs and have never been disappointed. It is a sturdy piece of equipment as I have said before. The hardware seems hard, solid and reliable. Once when I was playing at a concert, my strap tore at the strap button on the front side and my guitar fell on the floor. Fearing the worst and gauging that it had fallen with full force for about 3 feet, I thought it broken. But I checked and say that it just has and unnoticeable chip in the enamel. Hats off to it! I can definitely use this guitar in a gig without a backup as I have full Faith and trust in it. // 10

Overall Impression: Overall, the Viper 10 is a stunner. It is reliable, plays well and is worth every penny. The amp with it is compact. I have been playing for 3 yrs now and the Viper 10 has served me for 2 years now. I love its gothic features and this air of mysteriousness it has. I even prefer it to the viper 100. I compared it to the Yamaha Pacifica series and figuared that even without the whammy the Viper 10 owned it! I wish it had a whammy thugh but still, no complaints against it! // 10

LTD Viper-10 Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 15, 2012

Price paid: A$ 100

Features: Bog stndard s*** box. pickups average, brigde massive, frets massive. If you're looking for features go elswhere. // 1

Sound: Sounds pretty ordinary unless played through effects of some kind. If you want good sound go elsewhere // 1

Action, Fit & Finish: Was a friends guitar, but because the pickups and bridge were so high off the body, it was difficult to play. Beginners will love it... for about a day, when the novelty wears off. Bridge has oxidized. Most bridges don't oxidize... ever. // 1

Reliability & Durability: If you're playing this live you're an idiot. I wouldn't depend on it for a single song. The hardware will not last, it will pop out at some point because it is set so high up. // 1

Overall Impression: I play all kinds of music. I've been playing guitar for seven years, and this is the worst guitar I've ever played. And I've played a awful Legacy Stratocaster copy. If you want a beginners guitar, buy an Ibanez grx 20. A little bit pricier, but will last for ages. Heck, I'm still using mine. It is actually a brilliant starter guitar. I've had people with more expensive guitars comment on how good it is. Buy that instead. By the way, I only put in ones because there is no zero. // 1

More ESP reviews rating category latest review
+ LTD MH-103QM 8 Electric Guitars 08/07/2014