LTD WA-200 BC Review

review (1) pictures (2) 14 comments vote for this gear:
LTD WA-200 BC Reviewed by: frax21, on november 15, 2012

Price paid: € 436

Purchased from: Internet

Features: Made in China, I guess in 2009. 22 XJ Frets, 24, 75'' scale, basswood body, rosewood fingerboard, Black Camo finish, les paul-style body, TOM bridge and tailpiece. ESP LH-150 bridge and neck pickups, volume control, pickup controls, 3-way selector. ESP tuners. Not heavy actually and a pretty balanced body. Very fast fingerboard, easy to slide on. The frets are a little larger than other guitars, so you could have to stretch your fingers just a little bit more, but you get used to it really fast. // 9

Sound: I play metal, such as Lamb of God(this guitar is actually Willie Adler's signature model reproduction), Metallica and similars, but also hard rock alter bridge style. This guitar has a really deep and powerful sound, perfect for metal, even better if you play lamb of god songs obviously. I don't want to say "yeah if you buy it you'll have Willie Adler's sound" but it gets closer to it than many other guitars I've played. I play it through a Peavey Envoy 110 40w amp, using amp distortion only at the time, and it sounds just amazing! High notes are really sharp and you can hear them perfectly, not fading after 1 second or scratchy. The EMG LH-150 pickups are not that bad, but maybe you'll have to change them if you want an even more cool sound. It almost never gest noisy, you can play it through a pedal (crybaby for example) and its not noisy at all. It has a powerful rich sound on low notes, really metal-ish, though as I said the high notes are very bright. The clean tone is not bad at all either, very bright and full. So I guess this guitar is made for metal but it's a perfect choice also for hard rock kind of music. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The action, when I unwrapped it, was pretty good, a little too high for me, but still easily playable by anyone and of course you can fix it if you want. There was no specific problem on the factory set up, maybe regular factory strings that anyone would change. Everything was ok, really set to play immediately after opening it, as I did. One thing about the body: the finish is freaking AMAZING! Mine is black camo-military style, but I think that there is actually a regular camo finish also. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I play live gigs in bars or clubs and it's outstanding! The sound will not disappoint you at all, also in pretty big rooms. I also use this guitar during reharsal and at home and it sounds cool and metal and aggressive as hell! The hardware is very solid, as almost all LTD guitars, no problems at all. As I said it's perfect for gigs, even without backup. // 10

Overall Impression: Perfect guitar for thrash, groove, any kind of metal! It's 6 years now I'm playing and I own 3 more guitars, one Epiphone sg, bought as my beginning guitar, and an ESP LTD MH-401QM. I'm very happy to have bought this guitar and I don't regret it at all! I would definitely buy it again if lost or stolen. Great finish, amazing sound, very fast fingerboard...really an awesome product! I recommend it to every metalhead! // 10

More ESP reviews rating category latest review
+ LTD Xtone PC-2-12 9 Electric Guitars 11/12/2014