LTD WA-600 Review

5.9
reviews (2) 12 comments vote for this gear:
LTD WA-600 Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 15, 2012

Purchased from: Musicians Friend

Features: The guitar I bought came with Sperzel locking tuners, tonepros locking bridge, and semour duncan passive pickups. // 9

Sound: Aside from this beauty, I own a Les Paul Standard, a Fender Strat american, and an ESP Eclipse... This guitar is easily one of my favorites. I don't bother with the Strat (music style drifted through the years) but I do play the others and this guitar easily compares and surpasses the others in some aspects. It's f--king metal. Hands down. Reconsider buying it if you don't play metal, maybe reconsider playing guitar if you don't play metal (just kidding.) The sound is amazing - thick, controlled, responsive and just f--king brain melting. I hate "artist models" because their usually selling a name ("hey if you like Lamb Of God, buy this guitar and you'll sound just like Will!") but I saw this guitar when I was buying my eclipse and tried it out - I was just amazed. It's a simple guitar with features common for that kind of music, and I was still skeptical about the fact it wasn't an "ESP" model but for the price, you get a hell of a lot of quality. Pinch harmonics to devastating triplets ring with surgical Precision and destructive acoustics (if you can do them that is)... it's just perfect for that kind of music. The lead pickup is rich and responsive, allowing you to pull off an amazing range of tone and sound. It's really impressive, and there's always an occasional asshole to say it "doesnt't make me Will!!," but your best bet is to pick one up. ESP is my favorite guitar company for a reason, because their number one in quality and sound, this guitar proves it. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: Factory set up is usually far from reliable... fortunately I got a lucky one and didn't need to touch the set up when I got it. // 9

Reliability & Durability: It's an ESP - this guitar lives up to the name. If that's not enough, I got this through the mail in Fallujah, Iraq... withstands the abuse and shit air in this hellhole, of course I'm usually meticulous about caring for my instruments as well... it didn't come with a case(probably to cut cost) but I'd recommend buying one to help make it last as long as your breathing. // 9

Overall Impression: It's perfect for metal. Hands down one of the nicest guitars I've laid hands on... it broke the mold for me being an artist model and an ltd, but sound and quality can't be argued with and if your looking for a solid metal monster do yourself a favor and try this one out... it'll be hard to put down. // 9

LTD WA-600 Reviewed by: Andreas1, on november 15, 2012

Purchased from: guitar guitar

Features: The WA600 features a 3-piece maple neck, mahogany body, and Seymour Duncan JB and '59 humbuckers. // 7

Sound: This is very much a metal guitar, I was thinking it would be a regular Les Paul (I was unable to check it out prior to purchase as I needed a guitar with stable tuning for short notice gigs). This is really designed at metal rhythm players (obviously) due to the extended scale, making bends etc more challenging and giving a brutal tone on the first frew frets. I was using a 5150, Carvin V3 and Zoom G9 with it testing different configs out. I need to be able to play all musical styles for my job as well as metal for fun so unfortunately I am going back to my Gibby Studio and a new Tokai LS for more versitility. The JB is pretty noisy however I think my particular model wasn't grounded properly. The guitar with the jb makes a very warm sound with lots of low end. I could have configured the polepieces to get more mids however it's going back to the shop. I prefer my screamin deamon in my Gibson TBH. The tonepros locking bridge really enhances the tone, like you are using 2 fingers on the pick like a jazz player, you get that much more of a defined attack. I will get these on my other guitar now. // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: The finish is vrey attractive, however flaws were frets werent filed down correctly (actually sharp on bottom of hand), guitar wasn't grounded well, tuners were loose. The guitar was set with 10s and medium action, with with the long scale was more like a Schecter or something. The guitar went out of tune constantly despite apparantly being 'set up'. I wouldn't rate the schaller tuners highly, small and flimsy, I've played better on my pupils Schecter and Epiphone. // 6

Reliability & Durability: It's a solid guitar very heavy and will withstand touring but I won't get to that stage. The tuners were the main concern. The tonepros bridge was solid as gell. There was a fair bit of sway in the maple neck however being 3 piece, which could lead to breakage along the line, and also this makes the guitar feel somewhat unbalanced, tone wise and feel wise. // 7

Overall Impression: This is a metal rhythm players guitar really in my opinion, I think the guitar looks like a bargain however the tuners are a let down, and there were many flaws like the unfiled frets. I think if I had kept the guitar the camo would get on my nerves after a while. I would really compare this to a regular Epiphone, so you are paying for the extra features really. I would recommend to get a epi Zakk Wylde and buy the tonepros and sperzels seperately and still have cash left over I think. // 7

More ESP reviews rating category latest review
+ LTD KH-2 9.3 Electric Guitars 06/23/2014