MMV-08FD Review

reviews (2) pictures (2) 14 comments vote for this gear:
MMV-08FD Reviewed by: GuitarManiac110, on november 15, 2012

Price paid: € 629

Purchased from: Raahen Musiikki

Features: Const./Scale: Set-Neck / 25.5" Body: Basswood Neck/FB: Maple / Rosewood Nut-Type/Width: FR Locking / 42mm Neck-Shape: Thin U Inlays: Sawtooth Frets: 24 XJ Hardware: Black Nickel Tuners: ESP-LTD Bridge/Tailpiece: Floyd Rose Licensed Pickups: Seymour Duncan Blackout Active Electronics: Vol Colors: W-BLKB Made in China(Unfortunately) // 8

Sound: Suits my style pretty much perfect. I play mostly metal, Trivium, Bullet, Pantera and COB. The guitar is meant for metal. You can get a pretty nice clean sound from it, but if you're looking for a guitar with great clean sound, this guitar is not for you. The thing is pretty noisy. I'm running it trough Microcube and RP350 pedal. It has a nice heavy sound in it. There is only one pickup, so it may limit your playing style. I don't personally use neck pickup much, but two is always better. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: Guitar was set-up perfectly when I got it. I didn't notice any flaws. The tuning was set-up perfectly. Pickups were adjusted nicely. I have no thing to complain in this section. Guitar should always come set up like this. Of course this was bought from the local music shop, so the factory set-up was propably f--ked up. // 9

Reliability & Durability: The guitar is great. Only problem is the Floyd. It's ESP licence so it ain't perfect, but it'll hold your tuning pretty nicely, if you set-up it right. Strap locks seem solid enough. The locking nuts are made of cheap material, the strings have left their mark on them. It's kind of a disappointing. I was able to break the neck(the guitar fell off from a chair.) But I got it fixed by a guitar expert. No guitar could probably last if it would fall as badly as my guitar. // 7

Overall Impression: This is a nice guitar. Suits for me perfectly. I've been playing about 2 1/2 years and this is the best guitar I've had so far.The only thing that annoys me is the floyd. If this guitar would be stolen, I would propably hunt the bitch down, make him/her regret that he/she stole it and take my guitar back. The guitar has lasted til' now, so I think it's going to last as atleast ten years. I wouldn't use it without a backup, because anything happen. If you're looking for a nice v-guitar with 700 euros, I would recommend this. // 8

MMV-08FD Reviewed by: erno, on november 15, 2012

Price paid: € 529

Purchased from: Musamaailma

Features: This is a low price LTD version of the Alexi Laiho model. Made in China. It has 24 frets. I have no idea about the woods. Pained Black with yellow Bevels. It has ESP Floyd rose bridge. One active Seymour Duncan Blackout. Only one knob: volume. No bag included. // 10

Sound: I play in a heavy metal band and this guitar is perfect for it. I use Marshall TSL602 tube combo with Mad Professor Stone Grey distortion or Boss GT-10. There are no controls, no pick up selector, no tone just one volume knob so ther's only one sound: Modern metal // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: This is a low price guitar. The finnishing was super in relation to the price. The pick up and the neck were perfecly adjusted. This guitar did not contain any flaws. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I haven't played any gigs yet. But when I do I would definitely choose this one. Nevertheless, this guitar feels somewhat fragile. I don't think it will last for a life time. Also, Alexi Laiho model's Flying-V body looks very vulnerable for blows. // 8

Overall Impression: I'm an amateur musician and a song writer. I've been playing about 15 years and at the moment the band I'm in plays heavy metal. This guitar suits better for metal than my Gibson Les Paul or Fender Telecaster. If this one was lost or stolen I would probably buy a similar again - like I said it sounds better for metal than Gibson or Fender and it is cheaper. // 10

More ESP reviews rating category latest review
+ LTD KH-2 9.3 Electric Guitars 06/23/2014