Traditional Review

manufacturer: ESP date: 11/16/2012 category: Electric Guitars
ESP: Traditional
ESP Traditional has 22 frets, a not so thin neck, maple with rosewood fretboard. I love this ESP, and for the money was my better deal.
 8.4
 8.2
 8.5
review (1) pictures (3) 5 comments vote for this gear:
Traditional Reviewed by: Sordito, on november 16, 2012

Purchased from: Pawn shop

Features: I get this one used, but in nearly original condition. Made in 1993, this ESP Traditional was made in Japan, has 22 frets, a not so thin neck, maple with rosewood fretboard. Strat style body, classic tremolo bridge, passive electronic, SSS configuration, 5 position Pickup selector, 1 volume, 2 tones, all ESP made, even tuners. // 8

Sound: I have other guitars to make some heavy thing, and use this one to classic rock, is a pleasure to play, totally Strat alike, a little bit brighter sound than the Fender thing, very versatile, I play him trough a Boss compressor and overdrive or straight to the amp. Every combination of PU have Strat sound. Very low noise for single coils. Sounds great. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: I bought this in a pawn shop, found her in the back of the hall, totally cover of dirt, I think the seller know nothing about guitars. I don't know the factory setting, but 18 years later, in bad condition of storage, only need a heavy cleaning, new strings and calibration. The paint (surf green) only have some little scratches( probably made in the pawn shop) otherwise was perfect. // 8

Reliability & Durability: The finish is really good, the strap buttons are solid but a little small, I will replace this for Dunlop straplocks some day. I don't play live but If I did, I can trust in this guitar. The tuners work fine but are ESP, standard tuners, replace this could be a nice modification. // 8

Overall Impression: I own a Yamaha 112 (was my first guitar and is totally modified), other Yamaha Pacifica Tele-like, and a LTD Viper-301, Boss and Electro-Harmonix stompboxes, and a little Fender practice amp. I love this ESP, and for the money was my better deal. If I lost or were stolen, I really miss her, can't replace because is not available in guitar shops anymore, but I try to find some new ESP Strat without doubt. I love the classic sound and easy to play. I don't hate nothing about this, but replace the tuners and the strap buttons can be a good idea. Sorry for my bad English, I usually speak Spanish. // 8

More ESP reviews rating category latest review
+ LTD MH-103QM 8 Electric Guitars 08/07/2014