50th Anniversary American Deluxe Strat Review

manufacturer: Fender date: 11/09/2012 category: Electric Guitars
Fender: 50th Anniversary American Deluxe Strat
This 2-Color Sunburst, maple necked beauty comes complete with a deluxe tweed case with embroided 50th Anniversary Logo and a beautifully etched neck plate for this once in a lifetime event.
 Action, Fit & Finish: 9.7
 9.1
 9.9
 8.2
reviews (3) pictures (1) 1 comment vote for this gear:
50th Anniversary American Deluxe Strat Reviewed by: oleg_o2, on november 09, 2012

Purchased from: Long & Mcquade

Features: This guitar was made 2004 celebrating 50 years of Fender being in business. Made in USA. 22 jumbo frets, gold plated hardware, locking tuners, S-1 switching and a gorgeous chunk of alder for the deeply contoured body. This is without a doubt a guitar loaded with amazing features and balanced with sensible design and three very musical sounding Samarium Cobalt Noiseless pickups. Fender/Schaller Deluxe Staggered Cast/Sealed Locking Tuning Machines. - 9 1/2" fingerboard radius - Modern C-shape neck profile - 22 medium jumbo frets - 2-colour sunburst finish on alder body - 2-point gold plated tremolo bridge assembly - Samarium Cobalt Noiseless pickups - S-1 switching system (gives extra sonic options) - Special 50th Anniversary neck plate, case & pickguard. // 10

Sound: This is by far the greatest sounding Fender I've played. I love the sound of strats and this guitar just blows me away. I own another Strat but it's nothing compared to this beauty. My music styles vary because I'm still looking for that spot where it just perfect and I love what I play but right now I play blues and jazz mostly and a bit of rock but I must say this guitar sounds geat for all these styles S-1 switiching system let's you be creative and helps you create your own sounds there are numerous combinations you can do with s-1 Switch. I must say at first I was a little worried, something about it didn't appeal to me when I first herd about it. But once I tried it out It just blew me away! There is no fuzz or feedback from the pickups they are silent it sounds like your guitar isn't even plugged in until you strum a chord, that just takes the cake. The variety of sounds is pretty much endless you can have the original sound of a Strat or use your neck pickup and the s-1 Switch combined to get a les paul humbucker sound. It's just amazing. I play the guitar through my Fender DeVille 410 and it almost makes me cry hearing it. It's that beautiful. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar is set-up wonderfully if like using 09 gauge strings I personally like 11 gauge strings so I had to get it set-up and have the pickups raised/lowered to get a better sound out of it. There are absolutely no flaws on the guitar, when you pay 2000 dollars for a guitar I don't want to see even a little mark on the guitar. When I bought it was literally out of the box, it was opened in front of me and sounded amazing right out of the box. // 10

Reliability & Durability: Will this guitar withstand live playing? That shouldn't even be a question for this guitar. Yes it will, and a lot of it. The hardware on this guitar will last and last compared to my les paul gold plated hardware it still has that new gold luster unlike my les paul. The strap are solid I had a minor problem where one came a little loose but it wasn't anything a bit screw driving couldn't fix. I should mention that it comes with strap locks already on the guitar there wont be any case of your guitar trying to run away. // 10

Overall Impression: If this guitar was stolen or lost, it wouldn't be stolen or lost, cause this guitar comes with me where ever I go, yeah I'd get another one if it was stolen or lost this guitar is amazing. I love everything about this guitar from the finish to the sound to the beautifully shaped necked. There is nothing I hate about this guitar it's perfect. My most favourite feature is the samarium cobalt pickups, amazing! // 10

50th Anniversary American Deluxe Strat Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 09, 2012

Purchased from: Music In

Features: My Stratocaster is an American made Deluxe series, made in 2004, for the 50th anniversary of the Strat. It features a selected alder solid body, with a maple fingerboard and "V" shape neck. The neck has 22 jumbo frets. It comes with a very beautiful 2-color sunburst, chrome hardware, and a deluxe american tremolo bridge, that features a very fast-to-use snap-in tremolo arm. It has 3 samarium cobalt noiseless single coil pickups, with a 5-way selector switch, one master volume, and the delta-tone circuit, which is a tone circuit that boost or cut high frequences without cutting or boosting volume. My Strat comes with locking sperzel tuners, and is sold with a deluxe tweed hardcase, a set of tools, a strap, a cable, a banana yellow cloth, and a tremolo arm. // 10

Sound: I play a bit of all types of music, from blues to metal, and my Strat is perfect for all. When I play metal I use a Boss metal zone pedal. I'm using a little Fender 85 amp, but I planned to change it for a Peavey 6505II head or a mesa dual rectifier.I think the Mesa is quite better, but it costs a lot, I mean, 2300 Euros are a bit too much for a 17 years old player. Back to guitar features, it has a liquid tone on clean channel, and a crunchy distortion with the pedal. The pickups, as the name tells, are "noiseless", and when you play you can hear only the sound of the guitar, no rattles, no noises at all. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: when I purchased it, the strings are too high from the fingerboard, so I adjusted the saddles, and now the strings are perfect. The pickups are perfect, too. The action isn't very fast, causes of the V neck, but the neck is comfortable to use. My guitar is flawless. No scratches, no nickes, the finishing is perfect. The controls and the switches areperfect, too. // 10

Reliability & Durability: As all strats, it's a bit heavy, but on live playing is amazing. The pickups are powerful, the hardware is solid like a rock, and the stap buttons are, too. I don't have to use it with a backup, and the guitar finishing level is what you'd expect from a top-of-the-line guitar. // 10

Overall Impression: I play punk, metal and hardcore, and my Strat is good for all. I've been playing for about three years, and I've owned an old Ibanez Artcore (my first electric guitar), and I payed it about 150 Euros. My second, and my main guitar is an Epiphone Elite SG Standard (made in Japan) which I will review soon. If it were stolen I will find the bastard who has stolen my guitar and I probably kill him. I love all of my guitar, and I can compare it with a PRS for the sound quality. I purchased it in September 2005, and during this time it doesn't had any problem. The first time I've seen it in the shop I thought "it will be my next guitar", and I buyed it. // 10

50th Anniversary American Deluxe Strat Reviewed by: dandhjohn, on november 09, 2012

Purchased from: Guitar Center, Overland Park, KS

Features: Manufactured in Corona, California, 2004. The 50th Anniversary American HSS (or Fat) Stratocaster features a single humbucker pickup at the bridge, two single-coil Fender Samarium Cobalt Noiseless pickups and S-1 Switching, deluxe 2-point synchronized tremolo bridge with pop-in arm, 3-ply parchment pickguard with commemorative logo and aged plastic parts, abalone Dot inlays, deluxe staggered tuning machines, a special engraved neck plate that celebrates the anniversary. Solid Alder Body Modern "C" Shape Maple Neck with Satin Polyurethane Finish Chrome hardware Deluxe 2-Point Synchronized Tremolo w/ Stainless Steel Saddles and Pop-In Arm Deluxe Staggered Locking Tuners LSR Roller Nut Dot Abalone Inlays Rosewood Fingerboard 22 Medium Jumbo Frets 1 Single-Coil Strat SCN Pickup (Samarium Cobalt Noiseless) 1 Single-Coil Hot SCN Strat Pickup (Samarium Cobalt Noiseless) 1 DH-1 Humbucking Pickup Color: Montego Black Identifying 50th Anniversary logo engraved into neckplate Guitar came with a molded Fender guitar case. Width at nut: 1-21/32" Body width: 12-3/4" Scale Length: 25.5" // 10

Sound: Incredible! I've always though of myself as a Gibson Humbucker player, but the pickups on this guitar just about knocked my socks off with the rich sounds they produced. The Samarium Cobalt Noiseless pickups are the cleanest pickups I've ever heard, better than any humbucker I've played. And they are far and away the quietest pickup I've ever played. The bonus is the humbucker pickup at the bridge which gives just enough boost for any lead I want to play. The real secret of this guitar is a hidden Switch, S1, engaged by depressing the center of the volume knob. When the S1 Switch is engaged, it converts the electronics of the pickup wiring from series to parallel. This Switch turns the sound of the pickups from the classic single coil sound to a humbucking pickup sound. The selection available through the S1 Switch and 5-way selector Switch allows me a total of 10 settings to set the pickups in. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The action is superb, the roller-ball nut has helped to control the issue with de-tuning the instrument if I use the tremolo arm. The guitar feels very comfortable, the balance is almost perfect and the neck action is flawless allowing me to slide up and down the neck seemingly effortlessly. The rosewood finger board has a nice soft feel compared to the maple finger board also available on this model. I prefer the rosewood fingerboard on all my guitars. The back side of the body where the neck attaches is rolled off to keep the sharp point of the body from digging into your hand when you play high up the neck. This is a real nice feature and was definitely thought of by someone Who's played a Fender Strat before. At first I wasn't impressed with the Montego Black color or Gold pickguard, but they have grown on me. The finish has held up well and the guitar is admired by all Who see it. The Montego Black finish has flecks of gold in the finish that Shine when light hit's them. The pickguard is rather plain and I would have rather seen a more imaginative design done for the pickguard. // 9

Reliability & Durability: Guitar is only 5 years old, but has become my go to instrument. Almost constantly played at least twice a week between rehearsals and church services on Sunday's, this guitar has held up extremely well. I have to force myself to play my other electric guitars. // 10

Overall Impression: At first I was a little leery of the Stratocaster as being too shrill as one friend put it. But after playing it for over 5 years now, I feel very comfortable with it. With the humbucker pickup at the bridge, I can get a very fat full bodied lead out of the guitar and not get a muddy sound if I have to play rhythm with it. The versatility of the instrument with the S1 Switch and five position slider give me almost limitless possibilities on sound variation with the guitar. My major fear has been that from song to song I sound the same. This guitar has helped alleviate that issue with all the variations I can configure it in. // 10

More Fender reviews rating category latest review
+ DG-20S 8.3 Acoustic Guitars 08/01/2014