American Deluxe Fat Strat Review

manufacturer: Fender date: 11/09/2012 category: Electric Guitars
Fender: American Deluxe Fat Strat
This is a stunning piece of classic Fender craftsmanship. It features a beautiful 1/8" thick piece of solid figured maple, either quilted or flame, that is hand bent to the top for the perfect sonic and visual compliment.
 Action, Fit & Finish: 9.5
 9.3
 9.9
 8.6
reviews (2) 4 comments vote for this gear:
American Deluxe Fat Strat Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 09, 2012

Features: The American Deluxe Fat Stratocaster is a stunning piece of classic Fender craftsmanship. These instruments feature a beautiful 1/8" thick piece of solid figured maple, either quilted or flame, that is hand bent to the top for the perfect sonic and visual compliment. It is the ultimate in high-performance. Classically contoured solid "tone-wood" bodies and new distinctive neck shapes fit like a glove. Additional configurations include the new Fender DH-1 Humbucker in the bridge position and an LSR Roller Nut. The two Noiseless pickups in the neck and bridge position are wound extra hot for proper balance with the humbucker. // 10

Sound: My music style is rock & pop (Foo Fighters, The Hives, The Killers, Green Day, RHCP, Electric Six). This guitar can handle every music style you want. Pickup configuration suits every style you can dream of. I use my guitar with a Randall RG75G2 I experience a light hum, the pickups do make noise (buy Noiselss pickups if you don't want this, or just turn down your volume while not playing), but I get most of the noise because I use a real cheap cable between my guitar and my amp. I'll take care of this soon. If you want a versatile guitar with a great sound, buy this one. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: Guitar is really good set up. The sweet Mexican who took care of mine did a good job. Didn't have to change anything at all. Hey, it's a Fender. // 10

Overall Impression: This guitar can handle every style of music, so if you're looking for a wonderful guitar for a reasonable price, this is the one you need. I've been playing guitar for 5 years, both electric and acoustical, this is my second electric. I previously owned a cheap Washburn; the difference is fenomenal! I love everyhting about my guitar, the look, the touch, and most important, the sound. There's no need to buy an American Strat, just buy a Mexican and change the pickups and you'll be fine. Do make sure you try your guitar in the shop before buying one. Take the best one you find. You can't just look at a guitar and say it's a good one. I can recommend this baby to anyone. It's a keeper for sure. // 10

American Deluxe Fat Strat Reviewed by: sHieZaN, on november 09, 2012

Purchased from: Sam Ash

Sound: It's pretty nice, but I play it through a Marshall MG15. It's only nice when I play it cranked up. Still, when I bought this guitar I tried it on one of the high end amps and I was amazed. It was so touch sensitive and the sound had alot of delicate crunch. This guitar has the Stevie Ray Vaughan sound on the bridge pickup, the Beach Boy's Wipeout guitar sound on the neck/mid pickup, and while the other 3 positions are nice, the humbucker really has a bite. It can play metal to rock or in between. With the right combination of settings on this guitar, you can get any sound, blues, rock, jazz, metal, And it plays each very well. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The action is a little bit buzzy. I think it's my fault because I use 1.5 mm picks. But I don't think every Strat comes like this. The buzz actually complements the sound to make it more crunch though. I can't notice it when I'm playing it distorted, but it's noticeable when played on a clean channel. Still, the neck is smooth, the pickup positions are all versatile, and the controls actually make alot of difference. // 9

Reliability & Durability: Yes, it can probably withstand 50 years of my abuse. It can probably outlive me. I had this for over half a year now and I had no problems with it. I don't have any scratches on it, except when my cable whiplashed my neck and left a little dent. Still, it's built like a rock, so dont be fooled by its delicate looks. // 10

Overall Impression: I play mostly rock and metal, and blues. This can fit all those styles very unerringly. I always wanted a les paul, but I only had money for this so I just stuck wiht this, and I think I got the better deal. It can play more styles than the les paul, it is lighter, 1/2 the price, alot prettier, and it feels like it has a soul to it when I play on it. // 10

More Fender reviews rating category latest review
+ Jaguar HH Special 8.2 Electric Guitars 11/12/2014