American Strat HH Review

manufacturer: Fender date: 11/09/2012 category: Electric Guitars
Fender: American Strat HH
The Stratocaster HH guitars feature the S-1 switching and two Fender American humbucker pickups, one Black Cobra in the bridge and one Sidewinder in the neck position.
 Action, Fit & Finish: 9.3
 Features: 9.5
 8.5
 9.6
 7.3
reviews (4) 2 comments vote for this gear:
American Strat HH Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 09, 2012

Purchased from: guitar center

Features: My guitar was made in the US, obviously, as it is an American. It has a rosewood neck with 22 jumbo frets. The body is bright orange Strat style with a black pickguard and a string-thru-body tremelo bridge. It has a 5-way selector Switch for two Fender humbuckers (humbuckers are sweet). // 10

Sound: This guitar was made with more modern music in mind, as it has humbuckers. I mainly play metal and hard rock (Metallica, GnR, Zeppelin, AC/DC etc.) and the guitar doesnt disappoint. I also dabble in funk and blues and the guitar is very adaptable. I play through a Berhinger 212 modeling amp, and this guitar is loud. The bridge pickup is hot as hell and the neck pickup is very rich and bluesy, and you can get every sound in between with ease. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar has been sweet from day one. The pickups and action were perfect, as was the rest of the guitar. Only problem was it comes with Fender strings, but replacements are cheep. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I suspect that this guitar would survive a nuclear explosion in perfect condition. The tremelo bridge might put it out of tune though. So beware of nukes. // 10

Overall Impression: This guitar is sexy! ive been playing for 3 years and this guitar will last me another 30. Unfortuntaely, it cost a lot, so if it was stolen, I couldnt afford another. My favorite feature is the 'buckers, which in my oppinion are far superior to singles. // 10

American Strat HH Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 09, 2012

Purchased from: Drum city/ Guitar land

Features: My guitar was made in 2003. It is a special edition orange Strat HH. It has 22 jumbo frets on a rosewood neck. It also came with a black pickguard as well as black hardware. It comes with string-thru-body Vintage tremelo and 2 Fender humbuckers. It also has a 5-way pickup selector, a rarity for HH configurations. It has a volume control knob, and a tone knob for each humbucker. // 10

Sound: When you see humbuckers, you know that this guitar was not made for classical guitar music, although it can pull it off if needed. The guitar performs like a pro when it comes to metal and hard rock, however. The bridge pickup is extremely 'hot', while the neck is very smooth and bluesy. I generally run this through a few effects pedals into my Peavey amp, and it sounds great no matter what effects are in use. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The guys at drum city set it up for me, so when I took it home it was about perfect. My only problem was getting that plastic stuff off of the pickguard. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar would withstand being put up on public display and brutally stoned. (although I havent actually done that). Playing live would be a piece of cake in comparison. // 10

Overall Impression: I play all styles of music, and this guitar is definently versatile enough to match me. I have been playing for 3 years now, and I own a Squier Bullet, so you can imagine how happy I was to get this instead. // 10

American Strat HH Reviewed by: aMeRiCaNsTrAt21, on november 09, 2012

Purchased from: Paradise Guitars-Local

Features: My guitar was made in America, which is nice because the re-sale value is a lot more then lets say a korean guitar. I got this guitar second hand for $700. It's a HardTail. The neck is rosewood and the body is silver with a black pickguard, which makes it look sweet. It's got a Strat style, its got a string-thru-body. Also has active electronics. It has a volume with S1 coil tap a 5 way selector and 2 tones for each humbucker. Humbuckers are awesome. It has 2 pickups but because of the S1 coil tap you can tap into each humbucker and use 'em as single coils which is nice. It has locking tuners, it also came with a Fender hardcase real nice, a strap and cable. // 10

Sound: I've always been a Strat player I just love the feel, I play a lot fo rock and roll and some metal, also like to make my own solo's. This guitar is perfect for the style of music that I play. I have a Crate 65 Watt amp which I use some different effects. It has a rich/full sound, which I love. This guitar has a variety of different sounds, can make the Vintage sound, which most people like including me, and it can pull of heavier metal if you need it too. This guitar is an all around great buy. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: This guitar was made in America, which always gives you a hint that this is a well-made guitar. The only problem with this guitar is the pickups. Fender definetely could of used some better pickups, but besides that I'm quite happy with this guitar. // 9

Reliability & Durability: This guitar, without a doubt could withstand live playing I'd take this baby on tour 10 + times before I got any doubts. The strap buttons are definetely solid, thats always good, you don't want ur guitar falling right in front of your feet. I believe the finish on this baby will last 5 + years. // 10

Overall Impression: Again, I play a lot of rock and roll and a little bit of metal. This guitar is an awesum fit to both those. I've been playing for about 2 years, this is my 3rd guitar. I have a brown sunburst Fat Strat and a cheap Aria starter pack. This guitar is a step or two up from both of them. The only thing I wish this had was a real single coil pickup! I love that Fender put in two humbuckers, they are amazing. // 9

American Strat HH Reviewed by: Blueherm, on november 09, 2012

Features: This Strat is quite different from the original Strat models. It's just a "beefed" up version of the original Strat. It has 22 medium jumbo frets, alder body, chrome hardware etc. The 2 Humbucker pickups make this Strat really stand out from the crowd. It is visually impressive and the black pickguard makes it look even better. But, there's no features which is amazing but looking at it just makes your mouth water. // 8

Sound: As it is equipped with 2 humbuckers, the guitar can produce some deep sound. Ofcourse, for those who prefere the edgy sound of single coils, than all you gotta do is press the Switch on the volume knob. The type of music this guitar is suited for is varied. I tried out punk, metal, funk and classic rock on this axe and there was nothing wrong with it. I really can't come up with a sound flaw on this guitar. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The "Made in USA" mark on the headstock gives you a hint how well the guitar was made. There's nothing wrong with anything apart from the pickups. The pickups are not Seymour Duncans and they do look quite cheap. Fender could have used better pickups for such a high priced guitar. I'm alittle disappointed. But not too much. // 8

Reliability & Durability: Well, I can't say that it would remain scratchless if I throw it onto a wall, but it's very strong indeed. Everything is well put together and the neck is nicely stuck on the body. Like all guitars, it will wear off eventually, and Fender has a reputation for having soft frets, but the guitar is extremely reliable and durable. It's a Fender for crying out loud! // 10

Overall Impression: Brilliant guitar, but not exactly my type. Unlike Gibson guitars, Fender's don't produce that 'deep tone' that I prefere. But, then again, nothing beats Fender for it's reputation of being the world's number 1. This guitar is a fine example of what Fender is capable of. But I do think other Fender Strats are better than this modern design version. However, if you are those who like the edgy punk-rock/metal, then this guitar is pretty much perfect for you. // 8

More Fender reviews rating category latest review
+ Hot Rod DeVille 410 8.6 Guitar Amplifiers 03/31/2014