American Stratocaster Plus Deluxe Review

manufacturer: Fender date: 11/09/2012 category: Electric Guitars
Fender: American Stratocaster Plus Deluxe
This guitar is like a dream! It is perfect for any style of music except for death metal. I play a variety of music and it handles all of it. It is noiseless and has a bright hard rock sound.
 9.5
 9.6
 9.3
review (1) pictures (5) 10 comments vote for this gear:
American Stratocaster Plus Deluxe Reviewed by: guilherme87, on november 09, 2012

Purchased from: local music store

Features: This American Stratocaster Plus Deluxe is from 1999. It has 22 frets, it is a solid top. Maple neck and fretboard and I'm not sure what kind of body wood. It is a cream white with a Fender 2 point tremolo with locking tuners. It has a five way switch that controls the passive Lace Sensor pickups. The pickguard is a beautiful tortoise shell pickguard with gold screws. // 10

Sound: This guitar is like a dream! It is perfect for any style of music except for death metal. I play a variety of music and it handles all of it. It is noisless and has a bright hard rock sound. The pickups are amazingly responsive and have such amazing clarity. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: I bought this guitar used so I can't say much for factory setup and factory finish... But it was set up perfectly from the, music shop. It had a few minor scratches and the fretboard has some sweat stains but it just adds to the cool Vintage essence of the guitar. It plays like it was brand new right out of the corona California factory! // 10

Reliability & Durability: I know this guitar will withstand live playing and I believe it will be my main guitar. I'm putting strap locks on it because I think the ones that were on it are gone now except for the base and I don't want my guitar falling off while I play. The locking tuners don't work perfectly so you can't go crazy on the tremolo but hey, its not a floyd! There than that the thing seems Bullet proof. // 9

Overall Impression: I play alot of instrumental music like Steve Vai and alot of hard to heavy rock like Led Zeppelin and Iron Maiden and Van Halen. This guitar is perfect! I tried it alongside a 1980's Japanese made Strat and a Mexican Strat and it blew them away. I would buy it again if it were stolen. The only complaint is the locking tuners not keeping it in perfect tune, but oh well. // 9

More Fender reviews rating category latest review
+ Jaguar HH Special 8.2 Electric Guitars 11/12/2014