American Vintage '57 Stratocaster Review

manufacturer: Fender date: 11/09/2012 category: Electric Guitars
Fender: American Vintage '57 Stratocaster
Original details on this American Vintage '57 Stratocaster include unique '57/'62 pickups, three-way switching (five-way switch kit included), beveled pickup magnets, ashtray bridge cover and single-ply pickguard.
 9.1
 9.2
 8.9
review (1) 3 comments vote for this gear:
American Vintage '57 Stratocaster Reviewed by: backtothe70s, on november 09, 2012

Purchased from: Previous Owner

Features: My Fender was made in 2006 in America and is a limited edition model with a special finish but nothing more from what I know. It got on piece, v-shaped, 21 fret maple neck with 7.25" radius and an alder body. It got your usual knobs: volume, tone, tone and comes installed with 3-way pickup switch (5-way included). The bridge is a Vintage Syncronized tremolo and comes with an ashtray cover.Tuners are also regular vintage style Fender/Gotoh. All hardware in chrome. Pickups are three vintage singel coils. This wonderful guitar comes with a tweed hardcase with a few accessories which are the following: your 5-way switch, ashtray cover, springs, a simple strap, instrumentcable and a sampler kit of Fender Mist & Wipe (cloth and finish enhancer). // 9

Sound: I play much clean, jazz, blues and softer rock with this guitar. "Softer rock" for goes as far as Pink Floyd. I mainly play it through a Zendrive Overdrive into a Fender HotRod Deluxe and sometimes with a little chorus. Like all Fender guitars who ain't got noiseless pickups there is always a bit hum but I must say that it ain't much for me to be bothered about as I play on quite low levels, still have to try it with a cranked amp and see how it works out. The main sound is the beautiful bright crisp clean Fender tone. Overall the sound is great! // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: I bought it used from a guy who've had for about 6 months but he said that already when he bought it, it was great and he did slight adjustments to suit him and I can only say that I haven't changed the action in anyway since I bought it and now I had it for more than 6 months. Everything was perfect, the pickups are "staggered" ones which means that the magnets where setup in the right distance from the strings to get the best tone out of them basicly! So condition was great from benining and will stay that way! // 10

Reliability & Durability: I've played with this guitar on several occasions and rehersals and everything has gone fine without any problems at all. Everyhtings seems to be tight and will stay where it is as long as I don't start messing with it. I can probably play this for many years without having to do a thing! // 9

Overall Impression: This guitar was something I bought since I had to get something to handle real clean sound but also a bit of blues and rock and ofcourse this guitar match up! I also own a Schecter C1 Classic, and a Fender Mustang. The Schecter is great for heavier music but my Fender will always be number one since it suits my style better. That would be anything from pure clean sound to softer rock as I meantioned before. I've been playing more or less for about 4 years and really got the time to get a sense for good tone and this guitar sure has it! And surely I could buy this one again(if I find a used one). Everything is great about it, the only thing I could possibly complain about is the bridge pickup, for me it's the same with all strats. It's too bright but I only use it for some solos and there I have my OD to get a good tone without to much treble. A great guitar that suits my needs perfectly and this will stay in my arsenal for a long time! Love it! Make sure you try one! // 9

More Fender reviews rating category latest review
+ Hot Rod DeVille 410 8.6 Guitar Amplifiers 03/31/2014