Custom Classic Stratocaster Review

manufacturer: Fender date: 11/09/2012 category: Electric Guitars
Fender: Custom Classic Stratocaster
It's a nice guitar that suits many different kinds of styles. The guitar was all properly done at Fender Custom Shop.
 8.6
 9.8
 7.3
review (1) pictures (1) 26 comments vote for this gear:
Custom Classic Stratocaster Reviewed by: dennis4rock, on november 09, 2012

Purchased from: Goerge's Music

Features: Made in the USA, The guitar has an alder body, a maple set-neck and a maple fingerboard, with 22 medium-jumbo frets, a scale length of 25.5" and Fender/Schaller Deluxe staggered cast/sealed tuning machines Hardware: Chrome. The Custom Classic Strat is loaded with 2 Modern Classic single-coil pickups (neck, middle) and a Hot Classic single-coil pickup (bridge) with a custom steel inductance plate. Master Volume, Tone 1 (neck pickup), tone 2, no-load tone control (middle and bridge pickups)Controlls. 5 position blade Switch. And a New Deluxe 2-point synchronized Tremolo Bridge. The included accessories are: A Deluxe black hardshell case with black crushed velvet interior. 1 Light, 2 Medium, 1 Heavy Fender Custom Shop picks. Fender polishing cloth. Fender Tremolo Springs. Humidifier. Fender's Owner's Manual. Strap Lockers. Fender Vintage Strap. And Fender Custom Shop Sticker, and Certificate. // 10

Sound: It's a nice guitar that suits many different kinds of styles. But I use it for Blues, Rock, Hard Rock. It suits me pretty well. I am using it with My 30 watt Marshall MG30DFX, my Line 6 Spider III 75 amp, and my Boss GT-10 effect. It isn't noisy. It has a rich sound on neck, and middle pickups. And a Bright sound on the Bridge Pickup. The guitar can make many kinds of sound, like Twang for country or metal perfect for shredding solos, like-Acoustic by switching to clean and turning the knob. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was all properly done at Fender Custom Shop. The pickups were well adjusted, the top properly bookmatched, the bridge properly routed, the deck well set, and it didn't contain flaws. That's important, because you don't want to buy an expensive guitar from a good company, which is bad done. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I rely on this guitar, and it withstands Live playing. The hardware is good enough to seem like it will last for long time. The strap buttons are solid, but not enough with the Fender Vintage Strap (that is included with the guitar). So I used the strap lockers, and then I bought a new strap. This guitar doesn't need backup, if used on a gig. The finish itself is good, but with time, air penetrates the plastic of the pickguard, and makes it pop, what makes the pickguard sticky. // 9

Overall Impression: I play Blues, Rock, Hard Rock, a bit of Metal. The guitar matches very well every of those styles. I have been playing for three years, but I got that guitar for my second year of playing. And still I think that this guitar is cool. The other gears I own, are: Mastercaster: 008 White Zebra, Gibson: Standard 80' Les Paul, Dommenget: Explorer 90 Custom, and PRS: SE Paul Allender. If it were lost, I would like to buy it again, but I am out of money. I love the variety of different sounds that it can produce. There is nothing I hate about this guitar. I compared it to Classic Fender Stratocaster, and Fender Stratocaster Eric Clapton Signature, I choose this one because I preferred it's sound. I only wish it has a Floyd Rose Tremolo, and Locking Nut. // 10

More Fender reviews rating category latest review
+ DG-20S 8.3 Acoustic Guitars 08/01/2014