Custom Classic Telecaster Review

manufacturer: Fender date: 11/09/2012 category: Electric Guitars
Fender: Custom Classic Telecaster
Features include a thin lacquer-finished premium ash body, lightly figured maple neck, rosewood or maple fingerboard, 22 medium-jumbo frets, Fender Deluxe cast/sealed.
 9.5
 9.6
 9.4
reviews (2) 11 comments vote for this gear:
Custom Classic Telecaster Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 09, 2012

Features: - Made in Mexico - 21 fret - Laminated top - Tone, volume and 3 way Switch - Tele body // 10

Sound: Any music style you can name, the Fender Telecaster can play it. I have a mini Marshall MG10CD amp, about 1.5' x 1.5' x .5' With distortion, it is a little muffled, but on clean, it is the best quality of sound I have ever heard. You can do any effect on a Telecaster, including slides, vibrato, and you can use an additional whammy bar (optional). My only dislike about the Fender Telecaster is that the amount of distortion isn't as great as a hollow body Gibson. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was signed on national television and was sold for $1700. My father had only bought it when I was two years old. It has lasted until now with only two minor repairs. A broken wire to the pickup. After that, the tone dial had loosened, and my father was so inconsiderate that he put tape under it, which had wrecked the tone dial. I have just recently fixed it though. // 8

Reliability & Durability: This would not be a very good guitar for live proformances. If you bring out a guitar that has been signed by alot of other artists but you, it would be pretty odd to the audience. It has great hardware. including strap buttons, and you dont need to use a backup for gigs. // 10

Overall Impression: I usually play hard rock, like System Of A Down, Metallica, and some punk, like Blink 182. I do not know what genre City of Angels from Red Hot Chili Peppers, but it is also good for that too. I am 13 years old and have only been playing about eleven months, and am surprised at how much I can do. My father is a very great guitarist, and even he sais that what I have done in ten months is better than what he has accomplished in ten years. My only accesorie in a guitar strap. If it were to be stolen, I would do whatever it takes to get it back. This thing is paying for my house in the near future. What I love most about it is the attraction to the ladies, I'd have to say. I have brought it in to my school for the past two months for music, and every girl in grade 8 and 7 is swarmed around me. I could really get used to this! I have compared my guitar to alot of other guitars, but only for looks (shape, colour, etc.) The only thing I wish it had was flames. I suggest that if you purchase a Fender Telecaster, lower the strings closer to the fretboard and pickup, and dont give it to your father to fix it get a professional! // 10

Custom Classic Telecaster Reviewed by: Bbbodie, on november 09, 2012

Features: This is a 2003 Custom Shop Custom Classic Telecaster. Made in the USA. This Custom Classic Tele is the Custom Shop's version of Fender's American Series Tele. Features include a thin lacquer-finished premium ash body, lightly figured maple neck, rosewood or maple fingerboard, 22 medium-jumbo frets, Fender Deluxe cast/sealed machine heads, new TwistedTM Tele neck pickup and new classic Tele bridge pickup, reverse control plate with 3-way Switch towards rear, three-ply parchment pickguard, and new Custom Classic bridge with solid-steel bridge plate and chrome-plated solid milled brass saddles. Includes a Black tolex case and hang tags as well as Custom Shop certificate, all in all, very sweet. Bought this in Honey Blonde with a Maple Fretboard. // 10

Sound: The twisted tele pickups are overwound and give a great tone. One of the unique feaatures is the 3-way Switch is actually a 4-way where the 4th position puts the pickups in series and gives you extra gut on the low end. All in all, rich, full and bright, typical Fender sound with a bonus humbucking feature in the 4th position. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The neck is figured maple with lots of birdseyes, finish is immaculate as well. All the parts are top grade. The frets are finished well as you'd come to expect from a Custom Shop guitar. // 10

Reliability & Durability: So far, I've had it a month, I'd gig without a backup and the strap buttons are the locking style, no dropping this baby. // 10

Overall Impression: I'd buy it again, in fact I'm looking at the Dick Dale Strat for much of the same reasons, it's a Custom Shop production job, fit and finish are awesome and the electronics are second to none. // 10

More Fender reviews rating category latest review
+ Jaguar HH Special 8.2 Electric Guitars 11/12/2014