Highway 1 Stratocaster Review

manufacturer: Fender date: 04/30/2013 category: Electric Guitars
Fender: Highway 1 Stratocaster
Alder body with satin laquer finish and maple neck with your choice of rosewood or maple fingerboard. 22 medium jumbo frets, cast sealed tuners, tremelo and 3 Alnico staggered single coil pickups.
 Reliability & Durability: 8.6
 Action, Fit & Finish: 8.7
 Features: 8.9
 8.9
 8.9
 8.8
reviews (21) pictures (8) 39 comments vote for this gear:
Highway 1 Stratocaster Reviewed by: highway1, on november 09, 2012

Features: Made and upgraded in July of 2006, this made in the U.S.A Fender Highway 1 Stratocaster has been almost completely overhauled. Fender has taken all the feedback received from costumers since 2000 and created the ultimate players guitar, and it fits almost any budget! A modern C shape, 9.5 Radius maple neck and your choice of rosewood or maple fingerboard equips 22 frets and the standard Fender scale length of 25.5. The new jumbo frets dwarf the originals, which provides for easier playability. Because of the action change added by the jumbo frets, the distance between the strings has been decreased to enable strings to be bent with ease without falling off the side of the fretboard. The new Strat boasts a solid Ash body and a Satin Nitrocellulose Lacquer Body Finish. The Vintage Style Synchronized Tremolo Bridge has been upgraded from zinc to steel, creating a heavier bridge. New Alnico III pickups, controlled by a 5- way selector Switch, have been installed. The middle pickup has been reversed wound providing quieter hum canceling. Two Greasebucket tone controls are now used as well as one volume knob. New this year, a large '70s style headstock has been added and Fender Ping sealed tuning machines have been installed. Purchase includes a Deluxe Gigbag. // 10

Sound: The sound is unbelievable in its range. From crunching lows to screaming highs, this rig is a performance machine. Working extremely well through distortion, it still sparkles when clean. I was amazed at how full the sound was. Its stock overwound Alnico III pickups remind me as a cross between a humbucker and a single coil pickup, becoming extremely hot, fat and thick but at the same time sounding unbelievable when clean. I run it through my Marshall, and it shines through any distortion I use with it. It absolutely works well with my rock\classic rock\blues styles. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: I could play it out of the box, no fret buzz perfectly adjusted pickups. There were no flaws, just a beautiful instrument. The finish breaks in to create a Vintage look which I like, but in the sake that others might not I'll give this section an 8 out of 10. // 8

Reliability & Durability: This guitar is meant to withstand the harshest climates, and is perfect for playing live. The finish will break in, so I wouldn't recommend this guitar if that is not desirable for you. I think it gives it a Vintage look without buying a guitar that was beat up at the factory, as well as not having to pay the extra thousands for an actual Vintage guitar. The hardware isn't anything special in the looks department, but it is very durable. // 9

Overall Impression: This guitar is an amazing value. There would be No Doubt in my mind to repurchase this guitar if it were lost or stolen, especially for the extra low price I found at just $600 (if you end up buying from the site I bought from, there's an online coupon that saves like 30 bucks, sweet deal). There's not one thing I like most about this guitar. I love everything from the bridge to the headstock, from the pickups to the finish. At first I was looking at the standard strats, there terrible don't buy one, save the extra 200-300 bucks and get the real American made Fender quality. I couldn't hope for anything else from this guitar. Go out and buy it! // 10

Highway 1 Stratocaster Reviewed by: macey, on november 09, 2012

Purchased from: www.gak.co.uk

Features: It's Fender Startocaster made in the USA, it has 22 medium jumbo frets, a maple neck and an alder wood body. It is in a satin lacquer finish in sapphire blue, it has a tremelo bridge, 1 volume control and 2 tone controls. It has a 5-way Switch and 3 single coil pickups and came with a padded gig bag. All of these features are brilliant and what you would expect from an American Fender. Brilliant! // 10

Sound: This guitar sounds beautiful, very clear and bright. There is a huge variety of sound. It gives a classic rock sounds, blues sound, funk sound even acoustic sound. It really does sound great. I use it with a Marshall MG50DFX, but I've tried it on other amps and it still sounds super. It suits my style of msuis wel which is sorta blues rock, kinda like Jimi Hendrix but can be used to make any sound. It really is great sounding. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: This guitar has been brilliantly set up and fitted together, it has very hardwaring hardware. The action is very fast and low which is great, the best guitar I've palyed on. everything is fitted fimrly and in the right place. It looks beautiful with the satin lacquer finish in sapphire blue. you can see the wood through the finish, it's great and has a 3ply white scratch plate and a quality bit of wood for the maple neck. Overall very good again. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I could definatly depend on this guitar, I've already gigged with this guitar and it can definatly withstand live palying. The hardware seems like it will last for a long time as there have not been any slight problems, the strap buttons are very solid and have been fitted well. My only problem is that the finish is quite thin and picks up chips very easyily. But overall good. // 9

Overall Impression: I don't think it matters what type of msuic you play this guitar will be able to do the job. I have no problems with it, it's brilliant. If it was stolen iw ould most deffinatly buy another one. There is nothing I hate about it, I love everything about the guitar, my favourtie thing is probably the huge range in sound from the 3 pickups. I have a Japanese Tokai which is more expensive than this Fender and I prefer my Fender overall because it is more practical and more versitile. This is a truly brillaint guitar and fantasticly priced. Fender really have done themselves proud on this one. // 10

Highway 1 Stratocaster Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 09, 2012

Sound: This guitar gave me chills down my spine when I picked it up. I had tried various other Stratocasters and Les Pauls but this one just clicked for me. I play jazz/fusion/funk and this guitar's tone is beautiful so it suits me well. I find that it can blast you away with awesome distortion or it can soothe with sweet tones. With my amp (a Marshall MG15CDR) this guitar is wonderfully quiet and has a rich clean sound, a warm overdriven tone and a nice and crunchy distored sound if you require it. The sweetness of the guitars tone and feel cannot be stressed because for me personally it is excellent. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: Having played it in store with the original setup I was very pleased to find that the action was well adjusted and the pickups were well positioned. Having had a good look at it there are no flaws in the finish, body, hardware or any of the other components. It stays in tune well and everything is tight in perfect condition. Although if I had not seen the Crimson Red I would probably have gone for a burst (they did not have the 3 tone sunburst in stock) having seen it I am very pleased and find that this guitar is beautiful. // 10

Overall Impression: Although a metal player would not find this type of guitar suitable it is just common sense that if you want to play heavier styles of music then you would go for a heavier guitar that uses basswood and has humbuckers (although Iron Maiden defy this and kick ass). This guitar is great for my general styles of playing (jazz/fusion/funk and blues and even progressive rock). At various stores I sat and played ranges of guitars including a 50th Anniversary Stratocaster, a Mexican Stratocaster and a Fat Strat and this guitar was by far the most impressive. It has a fantastic feel to me and is a very strong and reliable guitar. // 10

Price paid: C$ 699

Purchased from: Steves Music

Features: 2009 Fender Highway One Stratocaster. Made in U.S.A. Solid Alder Body, 22 Frets, CBS headstock, Satin Poly coat on the neck, Satin "Nitro" coat on the body. Some have stated that the fingerboards aren't rolled, mine is. Frets are cut good, but a little sharp on the edges at times. Mine is a Honey Blonde. The wood grain shows through and I lucked out to get a one piece body. The neck is your standard "C" shape with the 70's style logo. Jumbo frets. Rosewood fretboard. The only beef I have with it is that the walnut truss rod plug has a small imperfection on the right side of the hole. Totally unnoticable to most, but very noticable to me. Skunk stripe on the back. Standard Strat body. A little thinner than most american series guitars. Classic "Vintage" six screw bridge. 3 passive single coil Alnico 3 pickups. Greasebucket tonal system. Volume. Two Tone. 5 way switch. Fender "ping" tuners which come standard on both the mexican and american guitars of the standard series. Other than the walnut plug, beautifully crafted. // 9

Sound: I play moderate Alternative Rock. I am impressed with most Fender Guitars and refuse to buy anything else. Sounds great through a small practice amp, but sounds better through 30 watts and up. Cleans ring out reminiscient of SRV and Smashing Pumpkins but can get just as crunchy as any metal sound I have heard. Good for any form of music. Rock, Alt Rock, Metal, Country..etc. Etc. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: The Guitar was perfectly set up with 9s. The Action was perfectly med/low. The top was perfect. The bridge is straight, and the neck was drilled precisely. The wood quality is better than most guitars I have seen around today. Like I said, there is absolutely no visible body pieces and it appears to be 1 piece. This guitar is very easy to scratch and ding due to the soft finish. The fretwire was a little sharp at times. Controls and all other aspects of the guitar is perfect. I noticed a few small rub marks on the back of the body. Only noticable in certain light Shine. But for the most part, perfect. // 9

Reliability & Durability: This guitar will withstan live shows. The guitar will last, although the finish will fade away fast and become damaged when playing live. The strap buttons are locked up tight. You could use this without a backup although it is never recommended. For the Vintage look, you will only need a few years likely, but with the finish loss will come a comfort like no other. // 8

Overall Impression: I love the guitar. I rock out in a semi-Pro band as the singer/Songwriter. I have been playing for 15 years. If it was stolen or lost, I would buy it again. I will likely own many in my life. I love the warm sounds I can make, as well as the crunchy tones. I can compare the guitar to the American Standard which carries the same body and similar neck. The pups are alnico 3s and the standards are alnico 5s I believe. Very similar and cost effective way of owning an american guitar. I only wish it had a biflex truss rod. // 9

Highway 1 Stratocaster Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 09, 2012

Features: Good worksmanship and US made quality. It has smooth satin finish, a 5-way tone selection, and 3 single staggered pickups with Alnico magnets. Comes with gigbag. // 8

Sound: The sound is good for blues type music which I play. Not good for the louder roaring sounds. Has some feedback but is not so noticable. It can play sounds muffled and clear. // 6

Action, Fit & Finish: Good quality and worksmanship. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar can definetley be played live. This guitar will probably last a long time which is good for it's price. Finish is thin and may wear off easily in time. // 8

Overall Impression: This guitar caught my eye because of its reasonable price for an american made Stratocaster. It has good action and sound. I have been playing for about 15 years. If this guitar gets lost I will probably buy a new one or save some money for a Clapton series. // 8

Highway 1 Stratocaster Reviewed by: zithromax4, on november 09, 2012

Purchased from: eBay

Features: I bought the standard Highway 1 Stratocaster, it was manufactured in 2003 with honey blonde finish. 3 single coil pickups, rosewood fingerboard. The Highway 1 is essentially a no-frills American made guitar. The bridge is the cheaper Vintage model you see on Mexicans, the inlays are plastic white or black dots. The finish is inexpensive, and chips easily. The pickups are also low end. I rate the features as excellent because this guitar is supposed to be a value instrument and that's exactly what it delivers. // 10

Sound: The sound is a traditional single coil sound is very sweet for blues/jazz non-distorted play. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar buzzed like crazy, it seemed to stem largely from the bridge not the frets (no matter how high I raised the action). Therefore I would say the guitar was very poorly QC'd (quality controlled). The pickups were adjusted OK. // 4

Reliability & Durability: The pickups will satisfy a beginner in blues or jazz but the hum is too much to bear for rock or heavy distortion playing. The finish is not very durable and will look "Vintage" very quickly, mine arrived with minor chipping just from being placed on a guitar stand. // 4

Overall Impression: Overall I appreciaet Fender making this model. It is a true no-frills American made instrument and the QC and materials have an edge up on the Mexican made stuff just as advertised. I think the Highway 1 is a great option for beginners/intermediates in jazz or blues, but I wish Fender would reverse wind the middle pickup for hum cancelling to allow distortion/rock. I would recommend a simple replacement of the middle pickup with a Texas blues middle (reverse wound) from Fender to maintain the Vintage sound at a relatively low cost (roughly $40 at the time of this writing). If your willing to purchase the reversed wound pickup up front then you'd end up with a great $650 Strat (new) that will also be suitable for rock for those intermediate level players. Personally, it wasn't quite what I wanted, and I sent mine back for an American Deluxe. // 8

Highway 1 Stratocaster Reviewed by: Gethyn, on november 09, 2012

Purchased from: Reidys.com

Features: This is the cheapest of the US made Strats available, but don't let this put you off. The Highway series pays tribute to the custom guitars of the 80s, and it certainly has that kind of feel to it. I have the recently released '06 upgrade model H/S/S version. It has 22 enormous frets attached to a maple neck, and an alder body with a glorious satin black finish. All of the controls and pickups are also in black which makes them stand out against the white pickguard. It has two different types of pickups, an Atomic humbucker at the bridge and Alinco 3 pickups at the middle and neck, connected to a set of 'Greasebucket' electronics. These are controlled via a 5-way selector Switch, two tone and a volume control. The Vintage style bridge has a tremolo attached. The guitar came with a gig bag and some random tools for adjustment. Other than that, you are on your own. // 9

Sound: I heard someone say once, that 'A Gibson is a true musical instrument, whereas a Fender is a Tool', and that's exactly what this is. Because of the different pickups available, you can make almost any sound you care to imagine, from Clapton style electric blues, through country and Indie, all the way to hard rock sounds like T-rex and Queen. With the combination of a decent FX unit, anything is possible. I don't have enough space for an amp at uni, so I use my Creative X-Fi to pump the sound through my computer (you can connect a Standard guitar lead through the front panel) and the Standard software offers various distortion, reverb and wah effects, which are sufficient until I can afford a decent Boss effect unit! // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: I didn't have to make any changes to the guitar when it was delivered. Everything was pretty much spot on, and a credit to the Fender US factory. The action itself is so quick and easy, it constantly surprises me. The massive frets promote a relaxed and easy style of playing, and I would recommend this to any novice, as it can make you sound pretty awesome and is a great confidence booster. // 10

Reliability & Durability: Despite being the cheapest of the US made strats, it still feels durable. I can't see me needing to repair or replace it for a long time yet, and even if I do, I would probably be tempted by another Highway because of the great value for money. If you feel like doing some Townsend/Hendrix smashing after a gig, then this is the guitar for you, although it may require some effort to really break it, it's reasonalby cheap to replace given it's great sound and playability. // 9

Overall Impression: I'm not going to claim that I'm a guitar expert, as I've only been playing for about 2 years or so, but I do know a lot of people Who are far better than I am, and they all fall in love with this guitar (this includes someone Who has owned les pauls and a red special which he is selling to buy one of these). It is so easy to play and is great for messing around at a jamming session or experimenting with, and If you are looking for an introduction to the Fender brand on a budget, and don't like the Mexico Strats (which is exactly what I was looking for), then this the guitar for you. // 9

Highway 1 Stratocaster Reviewed by: Captain Penguin, on november 09, 2012

Features: 2006, USA, 21 fat frets, Alder body, Sunburst finish, 60's style headstock, Nitrocellulose lacquer finish, alnico single coil pickups, whammy bar. 5-way pickup selector, two tone controls and one volume. Came with gig bag and strap. // 9

Sound: To put it as simply as possible: This guitar sounds great. I play quite a lot of Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, Green Day, Metallica and Yngwie Malmsteen and this guitar fits those styles nicely. I play it through my Fender amp, although I am saving up for a bigger Marshall amp. Obviously, things such as 'tallica would sound better through something with humbuckers, but the pickups on this thing handle high distortion levels better than I was expecting. You can get some really beautiful sounds for soloing with. I especially love the sound of the neck pickup, which produces some gorgeous clean sounds. The 5-way pickup selector and tone controls allow for easy tweaking of one's sound and make this an incredibly versatile guitar. But of course you knew that right? This is a Strat after all. I don't have any particular problems with hum, although if the TV is on then there is a noticeable buzz, but nothing serious. I just turn the TV of. Overall, in terms of sound this guitar delivers a wide range of tones ranging from beautiful, ringing clean sounds to wailing distorted epicness. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: Now, this is the only area where I had a couple of issues. Overall, the guitar was fine. The finish is gorgeous (although, being a thin nitro finish, it dents quite easily), the wood is good quality, the neck feels great, the intonation was perfect, 2 out of 3 pickups were perfectly adjusted and the action was just how I like it. However, I had some serious tuning problems with the G string. Every time I bent the string or used the whammy bar (which is quite often if you're playing Malmsteen), there was an unhealthy twang and it went about a half-step out of tune. Don't let this put you off though, I probably just got a lemon but to try and remedy this, I used lighter strings, heavier strings, I filed the nut where the G string was and I adjusted the bridge. None of this worked, so I asked my guitar teacher if he knew what to do. He replaced the springs in the bridge with compression springs out of a Volvo or something. Don't ask. But it did the job, and now this thing never goes out of tune, even under the most furious whammy-ing. But it took a while for me to get there. He also adjusted the middle pickup, as it was a bit low. Now, the guitar is near perfect and I adore it, but it took a while to get there. // 7

Reliability & Durability: I have done 2 gigs with this guitar and have another one coming up and it's great. The hardware is all top quality and I had no trouble with the strap buttons. I feel like I can totally depend on it and used it without backup for both of the gigs. The finish, whilst beautiful to the eye, dents easily, as I found out on my first day of owning it when my brother accidentally hit it with the headstock of his guitar, creating a small dent on the contoured bit that rests against your body. It was small and barely noticeable, but I knew it was there. But that's not really the guitar's fault, only my careless brother. Despite that, I still prefer a nitro finish to the more common, thick poly finish. Overall, this Strat feels solid and reliable and is an excellent quality instrument that will survive all but the most vicious of thrashings, But of thrashing's your thing you'd probably be more interested in a Dean or an Ibanez, right? // 9

Overall Impression: I have been playing since about September '07 and this was my second guitar. I also own an Epiphone flying V, an Aria STG (my first guitar - Strat shaped), a black Stagg acoustic, A mahogany Freshman acoustic, a Martin Backpacker, A Stagg mandolin and a beginner's Encore bass. I have also placed an order on a Gibson Les Paul Junior, which should be arriving within the next week. If this guitar were stolen, I would definately feel as if a part of me had been lost, and (I know everybody says this in their reviews) I would find who stole it and bring a world of unimaginable pain and torment upon them. So, to sum up, I LOVE: the look, the sound, the versatility, the feel, the fact that its a strat, the quality and the value for money compared to other strats I've seen. I don't like: The fact that the G string caused me so much grief, and the fact that the finish is so delicate. To be honest, the whole G string thing was probably my bad luck and the chances are that your one, if your thinking of buying one (which you should), should be absolutely fine. OVERALL, I think that this is a gorgeous, top-notch instrument which produces a huge array of sounds, all of them beautiful. Whatever your style of music is, this guitar will fit the bill perfectly. Unless you like rap, in which case you should go to your room and have a good hard think about what you've done. // 9

Highway 1 Stratocaster Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 09, 2012

Features: 2004 USA Highway 1 Strat, 22 frets, S/S/S "Vintage" Fender pickups, tobacco sunburst alder body with maple/maple neck/fretboard, vintage-style tremolo, modern sealed tuners, 25.5" scale. Fender includes a gig bag, but I paid extra for a case instead. The rolled-edge fretboard feels wonderful. All the typical features of a Strat, which add up to a very flexible guitar, thus I'm giving it an "8". It would be nice if they included strap locks and a case - and I also really like the slotted backplate Fender uses on some Squiers (lets you adjust the claw screws without removing the backplate), but I'm happy. // 8

Sound: I think this will be great for blues and classic rock. I have a stable of fine Jacksons for metal. I use this with my Tech 21 Trademark 10, which I sometimes run through a Marshall 1960A 4X12 cab. It sounds like a classic Strat. It does offer some piercing feedback sometimes (sounds microphonic). I like the sound, but I'm getting used to it. It doesn't have near the sustain that I'm used to, but it's not really fair to compare this to my neck-through Jackson with EMGs. // 6

Action, Fit & Finish: I'm reminding myself that I didn't buy this for metal. Nevertheless, I think I'll replace at least the bridge pickup with a DiMarzio Virtual Vintage, as the soundclip for the Virtual Vintage Blues on DiMarzio's web site sounds the way I want this to sound. I also may get GraphTech String Saver saddles for it, as they are said to improve sustain, and they appear to have flush adjustment screws that won't poke my picking hand like the Fender screws do (these are nowhere near as sharp as the screws on my Squier Strat's bridge though). // 10

Reliability & Durability: This thing is heavy, solid and built to last. The finish may well wear off. It already had a ding in it when I bought it brand new from the store (I live in a small town - they had a total of 1 to choose from). I hope the finish does wear off. I love seeing those worn-looking Strats, like the one Kenny Wayne Shepherd has. I think I could depend on this. Though I'm used to Floyds, this vintage-style trem stays in tune very well. // 10

Overall Impression: I've been playing for over 20 years. I have 7 electric guitars (4 Jacksons, 1 Kramer, 1 Squier Strat, 1 Highway 1 Strat), 3 amps, a few effects, etc. If this were lost or stolen, I'd be interested in getting another just like it. I enjoy it. I had a beautiful Fender Custom Shop Strat with a gorgeous cherry sunburst (my favorite color) flame maple top, flame maple neck, pearloid pickguard, etc., that I never felt comfortable playing. It was like driving a Cadillac. Not as much fun as a VW, IMO. I love the stripped-down aesthetic this guitar has. It's a player, and that's just what I wanted. I think it was so cool of Fender to offer this at a reduced price, instead of calling it Vintage and jacking up the price, like they do on their Closet Classics and Relics. This is just what I wanted. A quality USA Strat with the important stuff included and the frills left out. Thanks, Fender! // 10

Highway 1 Stratocaster Reviewed by: P.B., on november 09, 2012

Features: The Highway 1 Stratocaster guitar features the Highway One Series unique finish ? a high resonance, low gloss, satin lacquer, in this case. The Highway One Stratocaster guitar features three classic single-coil pickups with a synchronized tremolo and is avaiable with a rosewood or maple fingerboard. In this case it is a maple fingerboard. // 6

Sound: At first I was a dumb ass and thought 'this sounds nothing like my les paul' then I realized 'why would I want every guitar I play to sound the same?' I play everything from blues to hard rock. This guitar suites the blues side of my playing. it gives off a warm feel, it is very bright. Through my Mesa boogie nomad it sounds pretty good. At low volumes this thing sounds like crap, not jokeing. Santana said it best "the Fender has a cherry sound, but you have to play it loud to get that cherry sound". // 6

Action, Fit & Finish: I like the 'back side of the neck'. it alows me to slide nicely. the fret board sucks (especially compred to my Gibson). Maple is not the way to go rosewood is the way to go. I rented the guitar used (had it a month), so there were a few dings. it seems to be in good shape. seeings how I don't usually like Fender for thier quality I am suprised that I am giving it a score of 4. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I am not sure I would want to play this guitar live. I havent' had enough time with it to really judge, but I'm not sure that I would want to use it live, most fenders to me just don't feel solid when they are in my hands. // 6

Overall Impression: I would not want this guitar for hard rock, it has a great tone for blues and it seems to give me a good vibe when I pick it up. I also have a Gibson Les Paul, I never really understood just how heavy of a sound the Les Paul gave off until I tried this thing, but it is a nice change. The looks are pretty good, I don't think I gave the looks a fair enough review. I rented it because it was fairly cheap (compaired to another Les Paul), and it offered a different sound. All in all I think I am a Gibson man. // 6

Purchased from: Long & McQuade

Features: This guitar was made in the USA. It has an alder body, with a satin lacquer finish. It has a maple neck and a rosewood finger board. The frets are 22 mdeium jumbo. The bridge is a Fender synchronized tremelo. The pickups are 3 single coil Alinco staggered. It came with a gig bag. // 10

Sound: I bought this guitar about 4 or maybe even more months ago. So far I love it, and have come across several things. This is a thin finish guitar, so even a small nick will most likely chip it. Mine has chipped in several places, but they are small, and it doesn't matter to me 'cause it will wear off eventually anyway. This guitar is great for playing blues, as it has the perfect tone for it. I am playing it out of a Marshall MG50DFX. With the sound I have one problem. On the clean channel it sound good to me. But however if your turn of the volume and distortion for a good lead or metal sound, the feedback kicks in, and the buzzing it unbearable. At first I thought it was my amp, but then I was told it was my pickups. I will probably get them changed for humbuckers, to reduce the noise coming out. Other than that, this guitar has tons of tones, especially with the amp I'm playing it with. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was set up perfectly at the factory, I just don't like the choice of pickups. This guitat came with absolutely no flaws, and is amazing. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar will withstand live playing, as I've played with it before live, and it performed great. The strap buttons are solid, and never have they came off unless I loosened it to much by flipping it around. As I said before, the finish wears off really easily, but I'm doing my best to reserve it, and w/e if it does. // 10

Overall Impression: I play in a classic rock sounding band, and once my pickups get changed I think this guitar will sound great on lead. I've been playing for a year an bit, and after testing out a Mexican Strat, I chose this one because I preferred the look, and sound. If it were lost or stolen, I don't think I'd be getting another one, 'cause honestly I have no money after buying my new amp. But if I did have the money, I would buy another. A feature I like about it is the tremelo system. It doesn't go out of tune at all when I use my whammy bar, which I find quite useful. Once again, I wish I had different pickups, so I wouldn't get the buzz or feedback I get when I put up the volume and distortion. Everything else is great. // 8

Highway 1 Stratocaster Reviewed by: mack_attack_17, on november 09, 2012

Purchased from: B&B Music

Features: Same as every other Strat, 5-way selector, made on 2004 I think (got it in 05). Tobaco burst with rosewood fretboard. 3 single coils. // 9

Sound: This fits my style of music perfectly, I can go from blues to an AC/DC classic to rock to some harder rock (Guns N' Roses, Van Halen) to even a not bad metal tone when on the neck pickup (I like it anyway). I'm using it with a Brand X 15 watt amp (not very good) but I got a DigiTech RP80 last christmas so it made my guitar sound much better. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: It was factory set up but the guy who owns the local music store set it up better (did stuff to the pickups and some other things I can't remember). Action is pretty low (not Jackson shreding guitar low tho), I lile it. I bought it in perfect condition and it still is to this day, it held its finish nicely. // 10

Reliability & Durability: Built like a tank could easily take live playing, strap locks and tuners are solid. // 9

Overall Impression: I really like it, I've tried some other guitars in this price range and still like this one, I think it would anybodys style a music (alright you could get a better metal guitar but than you sacrifice everything else). If it were stolen I would defenatly buy it again if I didn't have the money for a higher model. All in all its very versitile I had the choice of this over a Epiphone Les Paul of the same level and cost I would choose this but thats just me anyway if you're thinking about buying one of these go try I think you'll like it. // 10

Highway 1 Stratocaster Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 09, 2012

Sound: It is perfect for the types of music I play which is mostly classic rock and blues. I've got an old Fender Champion 30 watt wwhich is ok. I also use a Crybaby Wah pedal w/ it some and the DigiTech DF-7 box. The only problem I have with this guitar is that the pickups are a little noisy. I will eventually upgrade these to some vinatge noiseless pickups. Other than that it has a very rockin sound. It can go from a nice mellow blues tone to punchy rhythm tones to screamin lead wails. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: I'm not really sure how it was set from the factory b/c I had the shop put a deck w/ a maple fretboard on it. The pickups were adjusted fine. There werent any flaws from the shop. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I've already used this guitar in live playing and its great. This guitar is a no frills instrument. It's perfect for someone who is looking for american crafted quality but at a price that wont break your wallet. It is extremely dependable. The only thing is the finish, which is very thin and can war off easily. I expect mine will be lookin a little ragged in bout 5-10 years, but I dont really care b/c I love the old beaten up Strat look. Mine has taken a few good hits since I bought it, and the finish is still holding up fine. // 9

Overall Impression: If you play blues and/or classic rock this guitar will serve you well. If it were stolen or burned up er somethin like that then I would probably mourn for a few weeks, and then go buy an identical one. // 10

Highway 1 Stratocaster Reviewed by: *funky_monks*, on november 09, 2012

Purchased from: Green Brother's Music

Features: The Highway One Stratocaster series is made in USA. The Strat features 22 'Super Sized' frets and the neck is available in either rosewood or maple. The body wood is Alder and it features a satin finish unique to the highway one series. The Strat comes with a volume control and two tone controls with a 5-way selector for the 3 Alnico III single coil pickups. This guitar has Standard Fender tuners and comes with a gig bag, tremlo bar and tools to alter the neck and action. // 10

Sound: The Strat seems to suit my style of music perfectly. I play anything from blues like Stevie Ray Vaughan to Rock like RHCP and Oasis. This particular model of the Stratocaster has the satin finish which seems to affect the tone considerably. When I was looking at new guitars I played everything up to Delux American Stratocasters and nothing quite shaped up the the beautiful blues tone of this guitar. I'm not good at describing tones but I will use examples of songs that the pickups sound simular to (this is just my opinion by the way): Neck - Under The Bridge, RHCP. Neck and Middle (I like this combination the best) - Lenny, SRV. Middle - haven't really played this much but it could mabey be used for more overdriven blues like Foxey Lady by Hendrix or mabey even pride and joy by SRV again. Middle and Bridge - great twang but not going over the top. Sounds something like the main riff of Back to you by John Mayer. Bridge - great for solos but the main tone works for Especially in Michigan, RHCP. I use this amp with overdrive, distortion and chorus and I don't feel that these effects cause any decline in sound quality. Let's face it. This thing sounds great! // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: This guitar's finish is magnificent. I have always had a soft spot for 3-colour sunburst so that is the colour I purchased. The satin finish suits the Strat's body shape. I expect that the finish will wear off after a while as mine is already starting to become glossy around the top of the body where my arm sits while playing. In a couple of years it will pick up a few scratches and chips but that is always to be expected. I would not buy this guitar if you want a mint looking guitar for the rest of your life. The fit feels good and solid but my only complaint here is the tremlo bar doesn't quite fill the hole in the bridge. The action is excellent. I will deduct two points because the easily wearing finish isnt for everyone and the tremlo bar problem. // 8

Reliability & Durability: This guitar would definately withstand Live playing. All the hardware seems solid and it would be simple to replace any broken parts because it is all easily accesible. The strap buttons are solid but I wouldn't recomend swinging a this guitar around your head by the strap. I wouldn't gig without a backup but I worry about things going wrong. As I said above, the finish will wear off this guitar which is fine with me, but if you don't feel the same way I would suggest a different guitar. // 9

Overall Impression: The main thing I absolutely love about this guitar is the tone. It is worth putting up with the new '70s styling on the '06 models just for the different pickups you get. They sound so much better and they don't whine as much as the '05 pickups. The only thing that I would change on this guitar is the '70s headstock because it seems to be too big for the body but I am begining to get used to it. If it was stolen I would not hesitate to spend the money on this guitar again. I would recommend this guitar to anyone Who is interested in an american made Fender for a reasonable price! // 10

Highway 1 Stratocaster Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 09, 2012

Features: large 70s headstock, three alnico 3 pickups, flat black nitro finish, whammy bar, deluxe gigbag, polish cloth, hangtags and some stickers, also has a life time warrenty on it. i have the maple neck and fretboard really smooth and fast to play on. it came with Fender 10 gauge strings on it but am going to change thm tomorrow for some 11 gauge's. // 9

Sound: the sound is incredible i really love the middle posistion its really twangy and warm, these pickups are really good with distortion. has that true Fender tone.i might swap the neck pickup to a texas special to give it a bit more blues and get that srv tone. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: i was lucky as mine came with an amazing setup nice low action and no fret buzz, the colour is flat black and i have to say its flawless it just looks incredible. the pickup selector had a bit of trouble going into the bridge posistion it was a minor fault but just needed to move it a few times not a major problem works perfect now. // 8

Reliability & Durability: its a pretty solid guitar so should stand up well to the blood sweet and tears. the hardware is all good i might take the bridge out and swap it out for a HardTail becuase its really annoying and i don't use the whammybar any way. with the nitro satin finish it is really going to age nicely // 9

Overall Impression: best guitar every, i chose this over two different american standards and a roadworn Strat its really awesome,its a real american Strat that is comfortable looks good and sounds like a beast.recommend this guitar to anyone. but just look around for a good one, and get the maple fretboard its alot betther than the Rosewood. // 10

Highway 1 Stratocaster Reviewed by: Nathan Sturgess, on november 09, 2012

Price paid: £ 439.99

Purchased from: Reidy's, Blackburn.

Features: I am not sure what year it was made, but I bought it in 2006 Brand New, I have a feeling it might be one of the 60's special ones because it has a spaghetti style logo and smaller headstock, I might be wrong however. It has 22 frets on a rosewood fingerboard, described as huge by Fender and has a 25.5 inch scale, and C shaped neck. It has a satin nitrocelluloselaquer finish, which is brilliant because it allows the wood to age unlike the more modern Fender finish. It has 3 Alnico III single-coil pups, which, in a word, Shine. There are two tone controls and one volume control and a 5 way selector. // 9

Sound: I play mainly blues, soul, R&B, classic rock and hard rock. It suits my tone perfectly, I very rarely use any of the pick-ups other than the neck pick-up and vary between my rhythm and lead sounds by rolling off the tone (for rhythm) and rolling on the tone (for lead). I am using it through a Hiwatt 100 watt solid state, and this combination can give me a nearly perfect full Clapton tone to a thin almost acoustic clean sound. The tone pots allow you to differentiate between a bright sound or a less trebly sound. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The pickups were set fine as Standard, although I have lowered the bridge and middle to be flush with the pickguard, because I hardly ever use them. The action was a fine as Standard, if a little high, but I have lowered it slightly, to suit me better. There were absolutely no flaws in the finish from the factory. // 9

Reliability & Durability: This guitar will definately withstand Live playing, I have never used it at a gig, but it is always being moved between my mum's and dad's house (I am only 16), usually just by being thrown in the back of a Land Rover and is not any worse the ware for it. I will definately use it without a backup, when I start gigging, because the only thing that could go wrong with it is strings breaking, but that happens very rarely. I am not sure how long the finish will last after hard gigging, but I am fine with that because it will just make it look and sound better than it already does. // 9

Overall Impression: I have been playing for 7 years, my other main guitar is a Gibson Les Paul Classic, and whilst being a different sound, I feel the Strat matches it perfectly for more than half the price. If it were lost or stolen, my automatic reaction would be to buy another. In fact I am buying another to have a custom graffiti paint job done on it, something like Eric Clapton's one. So yeah, all in all, it is a fantastic guitar in any light, and will adapt to anything. // 9

Highway 1 Stratocaster Reviewed by: TheWEBBY, on november 09, 2012

Features: This guitar was made in America in the year of 2008. It has 22 jumbo frets. Rosewood fingerboard with 9.5" radius, Maple Neck with C shape and the big 70's style Headstock/Writing. It has an alder body with the Flat Black finish, however it also comes in Wine Red and a Three Color Sunburst. It has a satin nitrocellulose lacquer body finish which is supposed to "Let The Bodies Natural Tone Shine Through." It has your normal Strat controls with a greasebucket tone circuit that "Rolls Off Highs without Adding Bass" which they repeated to me many times, I have the HSS version. It has a Vintage six-screw tremolo. Fender/Ping Standard Cast/Sealed Tuning Machines. It came with a strap, whammy bar, allen wrench, and the a Fender Booklet. // 9

Sound: A mostly play Pop-Punk, Alternative, Grunge, and Ska but this is a very versatile guitar with the HSS setup and can easily do everything from Metal to Vampire Weekend well. I run it through a Bandit 65 with a Vox wah and MXR Distortion III (All you need baby). With distortion the Single Coils can get noisy for "Hot Single Coils" but if you play with the Neck and Middle the Coils are reverse wound so it shuts up quick and can give you a nice Hendrix-y sound. The Humbucker has very high output but have good, warm cleans. I usally leave the Neck tone on 10 and the Bridge on 7 or so. The Tone can get you a lot of places on the bridge pickup which is really nice. 10 can get you modern metal, 7 normal distortion, and 5 or below very classic sounding if you used Medium/Heavy gain. I love the sound of this axe, very well rounded // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was setup well, of course it took some adjusting to get to my liking, but it wasn't to far off from what it came it, I have always been impressed at Fenders consistency to put out good guitars. The person at guitar center gave me the wrong tremolo so I spent an hour trying to get the tremolo in and then I took it back to get the right one. The jack was total junk but they always are, I've switched it out with a DiMarzio Switchcraft which I recommend doing, as it well loosen once every week (one of the worst I've experienced). // 8

Reliability & Durability: This guitar is solidly built (With the exception of the jack mentioned above). The tremolo stays in tune perfectly when you use it until you start bending down maybe 1 1/2 steps. The finish is supposed to wear off, the more you play it the faster it comes off I heard. But this is the desired effect and I've had this for 1 year and a half now and still no sign of the paint wearing off with 1-3 hours of play everyday so it isn't THAT fast. // 9

Overall Impression: The tremolo is not as good as many of the Strat trems I've tried but it stays in tune well when using which I don't know to credit to the Tremolo or the Tuners. If it was stolen or lost I would get it again. I've been playing for around 3 years. I love the HSS setup. I was thinking of buying a Standard but it didn't have the Humbucker, or the sexy 70's Headstock, and it was cheaper, so it waskind of a Win, Win, Win. I love this guitar. // 10

Highway 1 Stratocaster Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 09, 2012

Features: NOTE: This Review Is For: ---HIGHWAY ONE FAT STRAT--- Payed $1500 NZD at Sylvia Park Rockshop, New Zealand ( Had To Do USD :/ ) Made In U.S.A 22 Jumbo Sized Frets With White Dot Inlays Rosewood Fretboard Alder Body w/ Satin Nitrocellulose Lacquer Finish Maple Neck Material w/ Modern "C" Shape Headstock Is Large '70s Style Body Style Is Strat (Kinda Obvious)With Vintage Style Synchronized Tremolo Passive Electronics Pickup Configuration: Bridge - Humbucker Middle - Single Coil Neck - Single Coil Bridge Pickup:Atomic Humbucking Pickup Middle Pickup:Hot Single-Coil Strat Middle Pickup with Alnico 3 Magnets Neck Pickup:Hot Single-Coil Strat Neck Pickup with Alnico 3 Magnets Non-Locking Tuners, Standard Cast/Sealed Tuning Machines Standard Strat Controls (Volume, 2 tones, 5-Way Selector Switch) Gigbag Included (Managed To Get Some Strings Too) // 9

Sound: Sounds Like Sex On Strings ... I Play Rock/Blues ... Anything Really Stuff Like Hendrix, GNR, Bon Jovi ... etc I Play It Through A Vox DA5 Amplifier With Reverb (not to much) and sounds amazing whether playing clean or distortion I, Myself have this thing going where I play clean songs with the 5-way selector on the 2nd position (neck/middle) and when i play songs with distortion needed I used treble ... don't ask me why ... I just do, with it on clean and on the 2nd position it sounds quite Hendrix-y and suites most genres (obviously not metal though) Pinch Harmonics (as we call them in New Zealand) maybe artificial to you others are not to bad, they sound great through the Humbucker on the bridge but when u try do them with the selector on rhythm (neck) ... its not as ya know ... ZZ Top kinda squeals. Awesome Sound Non the less ! // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: Action was not bad, did change it myself when i got home though (just so that im more comfortable in playing) Pickups seemed fine, good sound and what not coming from them not noisy nor quite I find that the guitar's 3 highest strings (G,B,E) can come out of tune and you have to tune them back in ... happens moderately often but you become accustomed to it. // 8

Reliability & Durability: This guitar will definately withstand live playing, and is ideal for doing so, I've used it numerous amount of times for playing live and has done well (as i had said previously the tuning is sometimes a worry though) but sound wise you've got your man! finish is quite different I myself haven't seen this kind (my bass, A Fender 24V Jazz Bass has a mat black finish, so this finish is new to me) but it won't damage easily and will serve well if your playing at home or on gig routes etc. // 9

Overall Impression: as mentioned earlier i play rock, blues, kinda getting into metal, Hard rock ... etc im self taught as im sure most of us are and i've been playing for 3years and i find this guitar to be one to last quite awhile and im in no rush in replacing it (though i wouldn't mind some more guitars for the wall) im a Fender guy, so i also own besides this highway one fat Strat a, Fender 24V Jazz Bass and a Fender CD-60CE Electric Acoustic. So this guitar sits well with those. Amplifier wise i use my little Vox DA5 for my guitars and a Warwick Sweet 25.2 (250W) Bass Amp. When i went to the store months previously, i tried this out and was determined to buy it. My dad came with me to the store and bought himself a Roland Keyboard and i showed him this guitar i was looking at buying. I played that for awhile and then decided to give this Epiphone Standard Les Paul a try... but went to change the pickup selector to treble and it didnt even bloody work! so my dad said Fender it is and i got it. I choose Fender mainly cause i know it has a great reputation for building quality, durable guitars that sound F'n great no matter how much Sh*t you give them. Also because the look of it with the awesome '70s stock looked wicked and many guitar icons of mine use a Fender Strat - ( Jimi Hendrix, Richie Sambora, Clapton Etc) To be honest i think that you couldn't ask for a better guitar from Fender at it's decent price range (In NZ we're quite limited on the guitars and its many kinds) so if ya thinking of buying a guitar or a Strat... Add this to ya list! // 10

Purchased from: The Hock Shop

Features: This is an american highway 1. It has 21 frets, I believe. Its an alder body, maple neck, rose wood finger board. Its got your Standard volume, tone, tone and 5 way pickup selector. I bought it used, but I belive it has everything sock. Nothing special, just standard. // 8

Sound: I love this guitar. It has an amazing sound. Its a strat, enough said. I play blues and classic rock such as SRV, Hendrix, Zeppelin, Clapton and styles like that. This guitar has amazing clean tones. It can get your signature Strat quack, a bright, thin tone, and a powerful fat tone for intense leads. This guitar sounds great with minimal distortion. Its a Standard strat. You'll get a Strat tone with this. Its a workhorse. Incredibly versatile. I use a Line 6 Spider Jam, and I love this guitar. It can get glassy, in Bridge position, and fat and aggressive it neck. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: Ok, lets get this settled. This is american, not mexican, not chinese. So its set up with no flaws. And again, it comes everything standard, so its set up normally. But of course I bought it used, so it could be set up. But I bought it flawless. // 8

Reliability & Durability: This guitar can withstand live playing. Since it practically never goes out of tune, it can go until you say different. The hardware will always survive, its american standard, nothing else, all american Standard equipment. The only problem was the strap button, but that's an easy fix. You could play an entire gig with this because of its versatility. And its great for blues leads. Its just the finish, it doesn't wear off but its not as shiny as the american Standard finish. // 9

Overall Impression: Once again, I play mainly lead blues, and this is perfect. Its got great blues tones so I can depend on it. I have been playing for about 5 years, and this is one of the most dependable guitars I've came across. I also have a Godin Freeway Classic, and I actually like this better for my style. I am currently selling mine though, because I want to upgrade to a G&L Comanche. So I need the moneybut I wish I could keep it. F it were stolen, I would buy a new one, because it keeps its resale value, and I just love it. I love its sound, but it doesn't have anything unique to it, so its good to have another guitar when ou have it, to Switch up every now and then. It is an american standard, just with a crappier finish. That's it. Your saving a bout 300$ to! // 9

Highway 1 Stratocaster Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 09, 2012

Features: I bought Marilyn (she's a honey blonde H1 Strat) in 2008. I had no idea what I wanted, but something about this guitar caught me eye and I walked out with it. It took me a long time to pay it off, and I kept thinking "I made a mistake buying this guitar." But as the years set in, I fell more and more in love with it's bright, warm sound. This is not the most feature-packed Strat for the price tag, but there's just something about this guitar. // 9

Sound: Somewhere between the combination of the wood, the finish, the fretboard, the pickups and the wiring, something went horribly and freakishly right. No, these are not Cadillac components, and I can't full explain the sound of this guitar, but it gets brighter than an American Strat, heavier than a H/H Strat and cleaner than a hospital room. I've had techs ask me "what did you do to get this tone," and my reply is always the same. "Nothing. I just loved this guitar until it loved me back." // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: This is where I'll get a bit critical, so PAY ATTENTION: This guitar's finish will not last. As you probably know, dings and scratches on a Strat show character, and I love that my axe only took a few years to get that delicious Vintage look. But if you're looking for a guitar that will look great for years to come, look somewhere else. This Highway 1 is meant to be a workhorse, not a showroom decoration. On the bright side (literally), the tuners and tremolo are still as shiny as the day I bought it. They won't tarnish easily. // 8

Reliability & Durability: Like I said, the finish won't last. The guitar dings easily. I wouldn't call it weak, but I don't think it would survive falling out of a van, either. You can be a mad man with this baby on stage, but be gentle with her off stage. // 8

Overall Impression: I'm the kind of guy who spent his life searching for the one. I believe there's a special fit for everybody. This is mine. My H1 Strat is not perfect, but I love it's flaws. You know how SRV's Lenny got beaten up over the years, but he still continued playing it his whole career? Well, this is my Lenny. I call her Marilyn. // 10

Highway 1 Stratocaster Reviewed by: Jackstratstroem, on april 30, 2013

Purchased from: music123

Features: My H1 Strat was born in August of 2011 (last year of production) and is a 22fret guitar with a maple fretboard that has jumbo frets for a better bend control. It has the big cbs headstock with the handsome 70's logo and it has Alnico3 stock singlecoil pickups in the hardware and also has a standard volume, tone, tone and a Vintage tremolo. With the purchase I also got a Fender gigbag and a Fender tweed hardcase. (Since I play music in the way Ritchie Blackmore, Uli Jon Roth and Malmsteen play I use scalloped necks and I would give this feature field a 10 if this would be the one scalloped non-signature guitar to get on the Fender market.) // 9

Sound: I play most kinds of hard rock and heavy metal but can't get out of the Strat bubble (I have a Flying V but find it to hard to get the high notes on a Gibson scale fretboard) and this guitar only makes it harder to leave strats. The Alnico 3 pickups are the best stock pickups I've ever played on cause they give all the Strat tone you could wish for and with a nice Marshall distortion you can play anything from old Purple and Hendrix stuff to Judas Priest and the new Ozzy stuff! The sustain in this guitar is just amazing, I can like the words of Nigel Tufnel say that you only need to look at the guitar and feel the sustain in it! I'm also using beside the Marshall tube distortion a Line 6 M13, WHA and a Boss NS2 to remove the sound from my noisy Marshall JMP from 84. The volume and tone knobs are very sensitive and are great for swellups and other stuff. I have customized my guitar a little bit since I bought it like to make the middle pickup out of phase to make a bit more Brian May'ish sounds. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: I bought the guitar new from USA (I live in Sweden and bought one wile in USA) and I really liked the setup for the guitar that Fender made, although I had to make the strings lower so all my guitars are the same and adjusted the pickup heights (I have the middle pickup all the way down) but I regret adjusting the guitar to be like my other guitars, cause now I would like to have make all my guitars like the Strat was when I got it a year ago. And the finish is made to wear of and relic the guitar, I got worried at first with my new guitar looking like my road worn Strat but later on liked it very much tobehonest. I can shred all I want and go more nuts with the tremolo then what I can with my Floyd V. The damn guitar wont get out of tune! Would be a 10/10 but since the guitar description did not say that it would wear of as fast it gets a 9/10 // 9

Reliability & Durability: I use this guitar mostly as a backup nowadays cause I have yet to give the neck a scalloped fretboard and have another guitar that has it that is my main for the moment. But when I don't play on my scalloped guitar this is the guitar for me! I've bought two sets of alnico pickups for the other strats I have to give them that Strat tone I've looked for so long after. I have not had any problem with the guitar other then the intonation on the tremolo is to loose and I had to carefully glue them in place and I also managed to chip of a part of the neck on the low E string while jamming. I depend on this guitar all the time, although I seem to burn through A strings like butter in the sun on this guitar, but that might just be the way I play and use the tremolo. // 9

Overall Impression: This guitar I bought to have a guitar that look like the one Ritchie Blackmore used on the "Live In Munich" concert with rainbow with the 3-tone sunbust strat (I skipped the rosewood fretboard cause I don't like them for reasons unknown) and I have never been a big fan of the small Fender headstocks, only the cbs 70-style heads for me. I have been playing since 2009 and this is the 4th guitar I bought (got 10 now) and this guitar will stay 'til I die! If it was ever lost I would look long and hard (no pun intended) for the H1 again, biggest mistake Fender ever made was to stop the production of the H1 strats. It's my split favorite guitar I have and is always with me on my gigs! I wish this guitar had a scallop to begin with, but that was not the case so I have to leave it to someone to do it for me cause I don't trust myself to file my girl. // 10

More Fender reviews rating category latest review
+ Modern Player Jaguar Bass 9 Bass Guitars 09/15/2014