J5 Telecaster Review

manufacturer: Fender date: 11/09/2012 category: Electric Guitars
Fender: J5 Telecaster
This unusual Telecaster guitar was co-designed by talented shred-meister John 5 himself. Its aggressive Fender Enforcer humbucking pickup at the bridge position and Custom Shop Twisted Tele pickup at the neck will melt even the heaviest metals. Other features include a three-way pickup selector switch, chrome hardware and a radically distinctive headstock design.
 8.5
review (1) 50 comments vote for this gear:
J5 Telecaster Reviewed by: ~Shred Hero~, on november 09, 2012

Features: This Telecaster guitar is equipped with an aggressive Fender(R) Enforcer humbucking pickup in the bridge position and a Custom Shop Twisted Tele neck pickup. A three-way pickup selector Switch, chrome hardware and a radical headstock design for behind the nut bends. // 10

Sound: This guitar is quite possibly the greatest Telecaster I have ever played in my entire life. I'm trying to buy this guitar but am having problems doings so (hard to find). However, I have played one because my friend owns one. It sounds amazing! It suits my rock, metal, hardcore, bluegrass, country, blues, you name it; it can play it! I am used this guitar through a Vox AD30VT 30 Watt Stereo 10 Inch Combo Guitar Amplifier, and with a Boss DS-1 Distortion pedal. It is nowhere near noisy, no buzz, no crackling, nothing but delicious sound! // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: This guitar is set up with upmost perfection. The headstock is designed for flashy, yet well sounding, behind the nut bends (Made popular by John 5 himself, although many guitarist have done them, I'm not saying he invented them). The action is great! No fret buzz! I use D'Adderio light tops/heavy bottoms and I usually get fret buzz but when played with this guitar, none! No need to adjust the action. The pickups sound great! There are two pickups: 1 Custom Shop Twisted Tele single-coil (neck), 1 Enforcer humbucker (bridge). Both sound great. You can hit a superior range with them to suit your playing. The guitar had no flaws of any kind. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar is great for practice, playing at gigs, killing people by smashing them in the head! You name, it can probably do it! The hardware is strong and well-built; you will definatly get years and years out of this guitar. This guitar is built to last, its chrome pickguard can withstand even the most angry player! I would definatly forget about any other guitar but this one if I were to perform a gig with it! // 10

Overall Impression: I play metal, bluegrass, rock, hardcore, blues, almost everything! I've been playing for around a year and half. If I owned this and it was lost or stolen, I would definatly kill myself! that's how much I am in love with this guitar! I love the feel of the neck, the shape, and vast variety of sound this baby produces! Flaws? I only see one, this thing is rather heavy! Other than that, I can't think of anything. // 10

More Fender reviews rating category latest review
+ '64 Bandmaster Head 9 Guitar Amplifiers 07/22/2014