Paisley 72' Reissue Review

9.2
review (1) user comments vote for this gear:
Paisley 72' Reissue Reviewed by: markhenes, on november 09, 2012

Purchased from: Chambers Guitars

Features: Made in 97', Crafted in Japan. 21 Frets, Maple Neck, Clear polyurethane finish, Tele body, Typical Tele bridge, Passive pick-ups, Volume and 1 Tone knob with a 3-way switch. Removable neck- good for if it ever breaks or warps. Japanese Electronics not the most durable, but considering the wear and tear I've put on this baby I approve. // 8

Sound: Excellent for Chicken Pickin', Blues, Rock, Metal (if your fast enough with the slow neck), good low end, very rich, makes for a good rhythm guitar for your heavier stuff. Excellent for Funk and getting that Hendrix or Pink Floyd sound. Good sustain. Harmonics are good if you are switched over to the treble. For some people it can be a bit to twangy- you can change this by using the Bridge pick-up, find it is versatile to even some decent jazz. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: Action is excellent, I rock 12-gauge and have no trouble. Pick ups sound great as stock, Guitar had no flaws from what I have experienced in my time of owning it. The guitar was set-up well, but I always recommend a set-up to your playing style or feel. Guitars are never made right out of the factory to fit you. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I've dropped this thing, I've banged this thing multiple times, I've even fallen on it myself. You name it, hit it with the ceiling fan, hit it against amps, people, myself anything and everything has had the opportunity to destroy this thing and time and time again it holds out. // 10

Overall Impression: Fender has an excellent sound for me. The paisley holds true, if you need that Nashville sound, here it is... or just a good solid blues. Some mods I would consider, change the Japanese hardware and replace it with some USA hardware. Ditch the clear pick-guard it comes with, looks cheesy. Possibly consider adding a Bigsby for some whammy action. // 9

More Fender reviews rating category latest review
+ American Telecaster Plus Deluxe Version II 8.2 Electric Guitars 10/07/2014