Showmaster FMT HH Review

manufacturer: Fender date: 11/09/2012 category: Electric Guitars
Fender: Showmaster FMT HH
This is a really great guitar. Turns out these guitars were a special edition so they are really sturdy and well built.
 8.7
 8.3
review (1) pictures (4) 19 comments vote for this gear:
Showmaster FMT HH Reviewed by: paquiquinho, on november 09, 2012

Price paid: € 600

Purchased from: Local Store

Features: This guitar was made in 2005. I got it in 2008 but it was lying in the store for a long time. 24 four frets, basswood body (and a heavy one at that) with a beautiful ash top. It has two knobs, volume and tone, and a 5-way pick-up selector. The pick-ups are two Seymour Duncan humbuckers (can't precise the model). This is a really great guitar. Very well built. I was worried at first because this was Korean built but I loved the sound so much I had to buy it. Turns out these guitars were a special edition so they are really sturdy and well built. // 8

Sound: This is where this guitar wins. Big time! Play blues? This is awesome though not as good as an American strat. Hard-rock? Awesome but not the best. And this goes on and on for every other type of music you can think of. That's the best about this guitar and that's why I bought it. I didn't know what I would be playing most at the time since I was refining my tastes and this would pretty much cover it all. It still does. I used to own a Randall RX75R and it was great for Sabbath and Maiden tones. I'm getting a Laney VC15 now since I play mostly alt rock and I'll update the review in the comments section then. Bottom line is, if you need versatility, quality and reliability this is your pick. And trust me, for the price, they don't tend to come in threes. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: I had the guitar set-up at the store for free since it'd been there for so long so I can't help with factory settings but I found the action and pick-ups to be just perfect. Everything worked fine for a year when my jack cables got unsoldered but nothing that I couldn't fix easily. // 9

Reliability & Durability: It has played live, I've bumped it on walls and doors and it's solid. Has a couple of small dents but nothing big. I trust it a lot especially after I got strap locks in, just in case. It does tend to get out of tune easily after a couple or day of so playing but I guess that's normal. I would totally gig it without a backup, I have done so and will continue to. // 9

Overall Impression: This seems like a perfect match for my style of music and I love it for it. I've been playing for 3 years and tried a boatload of guitars. The only one I found better than this was the American Strat (50's reissue I think) but those are opinions. If this was stolen I'd cry because it's hard to find one of these today. As I've pointed out they were a special edition. I'll give the overall a 10 despite the rest because I love this guitar so much. If I just play it and forget about the rest, it's definitely a 10. // 10

More Fender reviews rating category latest review
+ Mustang V (V.2) 9.4 Guitar Amplifiers 12/22/2014