Showmaster HH Review

manufacturer: Fender date: 11/09/2012 category: Electric Guitars
Fender: Showmaster HH
The Highway Showmaster guitars feature sleek Alder bodies with cool colored satin urethane finishes. The uniquely shaped 1-piece Maple necks are equipped with 24 jumbo frets and flat radiused Rosewood fingerboards.
 8.6
 8.8
 8.3
review (1) 2 comments vote for this gear:
Showmaster HH Reviewed by: eastern_riffs, on november 09, 2012

Purchased from: Jakarta Music Center

Features: This guitar is just rad. With the Skull and Crossbones featured in every fret and on the body, it really is a feast for the crowd's eyes. I was actually looking for something cheap, and yet which looked good, and had a brand name. Fender is just the one. This guitar, from what I know was made in 2002, but then people in Jakarta get it in 2003, and no one actually bought it, so I took the grab. It's got medium-jumbo frets, and the guitar is very, in fact, strangely very easy to play on. I don't know how Fender did this, but it's good they did. With a Floyd Rose tremolo, I think this is what I'll take to the club this Saturday. // 10

Sound: As I use a Zoom Fire-30 amplifier, you can already imagine that the sound gets noisy when you play on distortion. But when you play this same guitar on an another amp, such as a Fender one itself, the sound is very distorted, yet not noisy. Well,I'm in no position to afford a Fender amp that has the loudness of a Fire-30. This suits my music style. Oh yes it surely does. The sound, is the perfect one, and if you only hear the music, not see the guitar, you can feel as if someone is playing an Iceman (Ibanez). And of course, it also has the Skull and Crossbone design to suit rockers. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: I am notreally sure of this, but either it was a poor construction at the factory, or it just got old at the shop. The third string tuning peg is pretty rusted. Now I'm not at all saying that I cant afford one of them tuning pegs. But then, I've payed for the darned little thing too. Either it just is poor construction at Taiwan, or the shop was rusty. Well,leaving that aside,everything was perfectly fine (and after spending about $10, I've changed all the tuning pegs), this guitar is ready for a gig anytime. And it works with all styles too. May it be metal, jazz, swing or whatever. It just works somehow. // 8

Reliability & Durability: After the changing of tuning pegs, it surely is ready for a gig. The hardware is superb, and it surely will last. All I hope is that the Skull and Crossbones design does too. This guitar will lose half it's worth without them. Strap buttons are good, but there was no strap included. After some looks at my wallet. I will surely depend on this piece of art (Or this piece itself). It wouldn't wear off for sure. It's a Fender! // 8

Overall Impression: As I play mostly rock, metal and blues, this guitar is doing the job well. Of course I could use the Strat I have for the blues, but then a little difference is always welcome. I've been playing for about 5 years now, and I have an Ovation and a Yamaha acoustic, and as for electrics, I have this Fender, a Fender Standard Stratocaster and an Ibanez IC300. All these models are good and stand in their own corners. I just compared it to my other guitars, and found that this one played much easily than the Iceman. Well,it is a good guitar overall. But then, I spent over $330 for this guitar, though the price is just $299. Why? Because I love it. // 8

More Fender reviews rating category latest review
+ Frontman 212R 100W 8.2 Guitar Amplifiers 04/22/2014