Squier Jagmaster Review

8.9
 8.7
review (1) pictures (3) 11 comments vote for this gear:
Squier Jagmaster Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 09, 2012

Features: 2010 Sunburst Squier Jagmaster. Bought it in January of 2011. Has 2 excellent sounding Seymour Duncan humbuckers. Everything is pretty Standard on the guitar, Wilkonson Tremolo, 3-way selector switch, 1 volume and tone knobs, tortoise pickguard. The tuners are decent but don't hold tune as good as they should. Would be best to replace them with locking tuners if you were to be on the road. Everything else is pretty good for the money. // 8

Sound: There isn't much to say about the Bridge pickup. It's a little weak compared to the neck pickup. There is some very juicy tones from the neck pickup which to me, completely makes up for the Bridge pickup. It's a Jack-of-all-trades kind of guitar. Can do basically anything but probably best for Blues, Jazz, Main-Stream Rock. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: Superb Finish! As good as any Fender I have ever seen. Action very nice for doing bends and vibratos. Pickups are at a good height. Everything seemed okay to me. The guitar was set-up but probably because I bought it off the wall at Guitar Center. // 10

Reliability & Durability: The Jagmaster can definitely withstand live playing without a doubt. A great backup guitar or main guitar if you popped in a few nice pups in there. The tuners may not last as long as all the other parts but I don't really mind tuning it every week. Strap buttons are definitely not coming off anytime soon. For sure you can depend on the guitar during a live performance. Though you may want to consider getting extra shielding on the guitar because of its hum. The finish is pretty thick on mine so it should withstand the test of time. // 9

Overall Impression: I think its a great guitar for the money and is probably the cheapest way to get a guitar close to a Jaguar or Jazzmaster. I've had it for about 6 or 7 months and so far it hasn't let me down. Plays as good as my Mexican Fender Strat. If it were stolen I would buy one again if it goes for $200 again as I bought it during one of Guitar Center's major clearances. I'm just in love with almost everything about the guitar and is currently my main guitar that I use for gigs and practice. Only the tuners keep me from rating this a 10. For $200, I say the Jagmaster pretty much blows everything else out of the water. // 9

More Fender reviews rating category latest review
+ Hot Rod DeVille 410 8.6 Guitar Amplifiers 03/31/2014