TM35 Review

Fenix by Young Chang: TM35
review (1) pictures (1) user comments vote for this gear:
TM35 Reviewed by: unregistered, on july 05, 2013

Purchased from: Barcelona Spain

Features: In the late '80s and early '90s, Young Chang manufactured Squier electric guitar and bass Fender Musical Instruments Corporation, and also manufacture electric guitars and basses for its own brand "Fenix." 1 However, due to the similarities with Fender and instruments, Young Chang could not sell Fenix instruments due to licensing issues with Fender and production stopped. Currently, Young Chang has more than 2,000 employees in the design and construction of its vertical and grand pianos, and also the brand Kurzweil Music Systems. This guitar is made in Korea in the '90s with a Telecaster Body style, people are literally jaw-dropped when I say it only cost $450. The humbucker give excellent smooth cleans and a lovely crunchy, gritty distorted sound. - Solid maple(arce) body and neck with a 22-fret jumbo medium and rosewood fingerboard with nacar insertions - Schaller 3D-6 bridge with 6 single piezo elements with preamp also available to midi. - Shadow SH EQ5 Active Humbucker with 5-Band Equalizer - Fender Classic Series MIM Telecaster Neck Pickup. - Gotoh Tuners. // 9

Sound: This is by far the best sounding guitar I have ever played. Going through a Marshall amp the sound can be described as a classic tone that will work for all rock, classic rock, and smooth rock songs. This guitar is really versatile for any music style, the guitar has a nice variety of sounds, the rhythm pickup can get nice, smooth lead sounds. It sounds nice with the stock pups. Good muted highs jazzy sound if you want it from the neck. I use a Fender amp, a Fender Stage amp from the late '80s. I use for play funk, soul music every day and I am very happy! // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The bridge was set a little high and the pickups were a little low when I received the guitar. Other than that, no adjustments were needed. It has a relatively low action that works well for my style of play. The finish on this guitar is amazing. My whole guitar is absolutely perfect and there were no defects. This guitar fits me well and I especially like the tuning pegs. The machine heads are so reliable it will virtually never go out of tune. Finger pick on it better than on any other of my electric guitars. // 9

Reliability & Durability: With more of twenty years old The guitar is a tank. I don't see having any issues down the road with reliability. This guitar will live playing. The finish is quite solid, and it should last a very long time. The hardware is sturdy, and the electronics seem very reliable as well. The strap buttons are incredibly sturdy, as well.This guitar seems quite solid and put together well. It is also quite light. The hardware seems as if it will last a while. I can depend on this guitar because it's extremely sturdy and I think it's going to last me a long time. // 9

Overall Impression: I totally love this guitar. My favourite thing is it is a good quality guitar all round, I would say as good as some Traditional marks like Fender. And very very reliable. I love the sound, feel and finish and only hate that I didn't discover the guitar earlier! It fits into whatever I play. If it were stolen I'd probably buy another one. This guitar is very versatile, and I believe it could be the perfect match for anybody. The neck allows for easy chord playing, as well as extremely intricate lead parts. This guitar looks great, plays well, has a lot of features, and sounds pretty decent. You can't beat it for the price. // 9

Comments