Retrorocket Pro Review

manufacturer: Fernandes date: 11/10/2010 category: Electric Guitars
Fernandes: Retrorocket Pro
My Retrorocket Pro was made on 2008 and it is made in Japan. It is great for punk music and for those who play "easy" music.
 Reliability & Durability: 8.5
 6.5
reviews (2) pictures (3) 7 comments vote for this gear:
Retrorocket Pro Reviewed by: metalkamikazee, on august 02, 2010

Purchased from: Kenny's Music Box

Features: My Retrorocket Pro was made on 2008 and it is made in Japan. It has 22 frets with 25 1/2" scale and rosewood. It has a laminated top also. The body is ash and the neck is maple. The finish is transparent which makes maintenance much easier. The body style is a Strat so it is easy to handle but can hold up a lot of power. The bridge-style is Synchronized Tremolo. There is one volume knob, one tone knob, and two sustainer switches. It also has a 5-way selector. The pick-ups are all made in japan. The uppermost pick-up is the sustainer, the middle is a Vintage single coil pick-up, and the bottom is a output humbucker. It has a licking tuner so no worries of playing out of tune. When I bought it, it only came with tools for maintenance and a neck strap. // 8

Sound: I mostly play metal and some punk. It is great for punk because my finger glide through the neck very smoothly for power chords. For metal, it also has a great sound but it is really hard to sweep pick on the guitar. I use a 15 watt amp with it and it sounds great, very little feedback. It has soft feedback when the volume is turned all the way up. This guitar's specialty is its sustainer. It has one Switch for pinch harmonics and the other for natural harmonics. This is a great "cheat" guitar for those dimebag wannabe. The only problem I have with this guitar is that I constantly have to buy a 9 volt battery to obtain a full sound. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: They assembled this guitar with perfection. I dropped my guitar probably 10 times already and nothing has even fallen off yet. The paint-job does not fade. The pick-ups are placed perfectly. Everything was calibrated for me when I got the guitar. Everything was level and all I had to do was plug in and play. // 9

Reliability & Durability: This guitar is great for live playing. It is lightweight and can be bashed into anything. The hardware is very durable and can be fully customized. Do not be fooled by its Strat style, this guitar can be used in a metal militia. The strap buttons are okay, it all depends on your strap. I would definitely rely on this guitar and this guitar only. The finish those not wear off at all. It still has its glossy shine. // 8

Overall Impression: It is great for punk music and for those who play "easy" music. I have been playing for 3 years and I have 5 different guitars including this one. I have a Dean Razorback, Peavey Rockmaster, Robson electric guitar, Ibanez Acoustic guitar, and the fernandes. My Fernandes would rank #2 on my best quality guitar, the Dean being #1. I have no regrets on buying this guitar at all. If someone did steal my guitar, I would not buy the same exact model, I would like to try something different because its just me. I love the sustainers because they make me feel like god. The only thing about this guitar is that I constantly have to buy batteries for the sustainers. I compared this guitar to a les paul look-a-like which cost $300 but had a horrible sound. I wish it had wings. // 9

Retrorocket Pro Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 10, 2010

Purchased from: private party

Features: I was wanting a Strat and a friend said he'd sell his Fernandez and it had "Hotter picups" and would blow a Strat out of the water. I tried it and thought the sustainer pickup added a dimension I could not get with any Strat so I bought it. I love it, but you better make sure to NOT LEAVE IT PLUGGED IN when you're done or the 9 volt battery is toast, and you better have a spare or lots of spares to be exact, or it won't play. // 7

Sound: I play country, old rock n roll, Jimmy Buffett using a Twin Reverb and a Fender Leslie. Settings are on bright, with the mid on 7, treb all the way up and bass all the way up. No noise, and the sustain in the high octive position is great for a couple of songs. The Tremelo arm is fantastic and the guitar never comes out of tune when you use it. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: Great action, since I bought it from a friendNo noise, and the sustain in the high octive position is great for a couple of songs. The Tremelo arm is fantastic and the guitar never comes out of tune when you use it. I love it, but you better make sure to NOT LEAVE IT PLUGGED IN when you're done or the 9 volt battery is toast, and you better have a spare or lots of spares to be exact, or it won't play. // 8

Reliability & Durability: Very sound construction, stays in tune, good finish, I've played it on loads of gigs in different situations, like indoors, outdoors, hot and cold conditions, it all works fine but you better make sure to NOT LEAVE IT PLUGGED IN when you're done or the 9 volt battery is toast, and you better have a spare or lots of spares to be exact, or it won't play. // 9

Overall Impression: I have the ULTIMATE guitar as my main squeeze. It's a GUITORGAN, and for a 3 piece group, it makes us sound like 5. I play harp also and we have 5 sounds, Guitar, Organ, Harmonica, Bass and drums. People can't believe the fullness of our group, but then they don't even realize that the organ sound is coming from my guitar, and unless you're a musician yourself what do you know about how many pieces should sound like what etc. We have been together for 35 years playing the same old rock n roll, country, and my original tunes, and I take the Fernandez along for a couple of songs all the time. It's great! // 8

More Fernandes reviews rating category latest review
+ Ravelle Deluxe 8.6 Electric Guitars 03/05/2014