Retrorocket X Review

manufacturer: Fernandes date: 03/20/2006 category: Electric Guitars
Fernandes: Retrorocket X
Both novice and experienced guitarists alike agree that the Retrorocket X is a no-frills tone machine, with quality craftsmanship, a classic appearance and comfortable neck. Comes equipped with 2 single coil pickups with an extremely potent humbucker for excellent versatility.
 9.3
 8.6
review (1) 6 comments vote for this gear:
Retrorocket X Reviewed by: andrewf252, on march 20, 2006

Features: Don't be fooled by the low price of the guitar. It is an excelent guitar for any skill level. It was made in Japan in 2003. It has 22 large frets. Its body is made out of alder wood, and the neck is made of maple. It has a Strat-style body. It has a Vintage bridge style. The electronics system is active. It will make a humming noise when in first, third, or fifth position. The electronics consist of a tone knob, volume knob, and a 5-way selector Switch. It has 3 pickups. The pickup in the bridge position is a humbucker. It uses gotoh tuners. // 10

Sound: I play a lot of metal and classic rock. The Retrorocket play very well for all styles of music. I use a lot of distortion. However, when distortion is on it make a humming noise when only one pickup is activated. It plays very well with distortion on. This guitar can be very noisy with a clean tone. The sound is very full. It could play a very good metal tone as well as a good clean tone. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: I have had this guitar for 2 years and I haven't had to have it set up once. It comes from the factory already set up. The pickups were set up perfectly. The bridge height is also perfect. This guitar balances very well. It has no noticable tendency to be heavier to one side. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar would easily withstand live play. I trust that nothing will break on it. I would show up at a gig without a backup. I haven't had to replace any of the hardware over the last two years. The strap buttons have stayed on solid. The finish wears well. I have dropped it and bumped it and the finish is still as glossy as the day I bought it. // 10

Overall Impression: This guitar is a good match for anyone playing any type of rock. I have been playing for 2 years. If it was stolen or lost I wouldn't think twice before deciding to buy it again. It's such a good guitar for players of any level. There is nothing to hate about this guitar. The humming noise can be a little annoying, however, it's well worth your money. It took me a while to decide between this product and a Strat, a Schecter, and a Gibson. I went with this product because it played very nicely when I got a chance to play it and I could get it at a low price along with a free hardshell case. I would recomend buying this guitar to anyone with any amount of experience. // 10

More Fernandes reviews rating category latest review
+ Ravelle Deluxe 8.6 Electric Guitars 03/05/2014