Vertigo X Review

manufacturer: Fernandes date: 06/10/2009 category: Electric Guitars
Fernandes: Vertigo X
The Vertigo X brings the power of the Deluxe with an affordable price tag. It features an Alder body, bolt-on Maple neck, 22-fret Rosewood fingerboard, high-output dual humbuckers and more!
 8.7
 7.3
reviews (2) 7 comments vote for this gear:
Vertigo X Reviewed by: Dezerado, on july 13, 2005

Purchased from: Lipkings Music

Features: The Vertigo that I purchances was a few years old and the model had been discontinued, I'm not sure of the year. This Deluxe model has 22 jumbo frets and a Tune-O-Matic bridge, the sustain goes on for days. The finish is a red quilted top, the body style is really undiscribable a far as words. The diference between my model and the new models is mine comes with EMG humbuckers that are splitable, for that single coil sound, and the New model has invaders, and I've seen afew with built in effects but not my model. The tuners are just basic tuners, nothing special there. The only case this guitar will fit in is the case that is made for it. As I said before the Shape is rather wild, so its alittle wide. It has 2 tone knobs a 3 way selector and a volume, but I belive I'll get it modified and give each pickup its on volume knob sooner or later. I give 550 for it but in its day it was listed at 800. The Finish tough and strong, my guitar was in the guitar shop when the top got ripped off by a tornado and afew months later I went and bought it. Only problem was one small circular ding, no other scratches. I give this guitar 5 stars with my highest recomendations. // 10

Sound: I play mostly hard rock and metal types sounds and the punch this guitar gives is unstoable far as playablity. I use it with a 4X12" Ibanez Tone Blaster with an extention cab and they are perfect for each other. It's Quiet as a mouse but bites alot harder when it needs too. I'll play some metal riffs and hand the guitar to my buddy and he'll turn down the distortion and jam out some blues riffs then some blues chords and pass it to the next guy that plays Tom Petty's "Free Falling" it's unstopable. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: I told the story about the tornado and how the guitar was in almost perfect condishion. So I need not do it again. I haven't got the action set yet and I'm happy with it. All the parts were in perfect working order also. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I've been playing this guitar for about a year now and I gig with only it. I know that this baby will never let me down unless a string breaks which isn't often with this thing, most guitars I own go threw strings like diapers. I get the strap buttons replaced by locking strap locks because my strap tended to fall off but it was old and loose, the strap I mean. // 10

Overall Impression: As I've said I play alot of music and so do my friends and they all love to pick up my guitar and express themselves. I've been playing for 5 years now and everytime I've gotten a guitar I've kinda had a Want to get another one. After I got this guitar I found my soulmate and know I will never buy another guitar. If this guitar was stolen I would search the globe for one just like it. I would even Drive across country. // 10

Vertigo X Reviewed by: HoenHeimofLight, on june 10, 2009

Purchased from: Ebay

Features: Bought this axe used off of ebay. It was made in Taiwan. Has 22 frets, solid alder body, and beautiful midnight black finish. The body style is unique... I've never seen anything like it but I absolutely love it. It is very comfortable in the lap or using a strap. The weight is also nice... Not too heavy but not a feather either. The pickups are Fernandez High Output and let me say here that this is my favorite part of the guitar. Man do these babies scream. I'll elaborate more on these below. The guitar came with gig bad and strap. // 10

Sound: Sound is excellent. I will say that this guitar is pretty much a metal/rock guitar. If you are looking to play clean then this is not the one for you. This guitar was born to use distortion and it does so beautifully. My Vertigo came with a single bridge humbucker. At first I was skeptical about this since there is only one position you can choose. I plugged into my Line 6 Spider III 75 and blew the f*ing doors off the house! I love the sound this vertigo makes! It has that sweet metal chug and the sustain is amazing. Gotta give the sound a 10. I have played on Ibanez, and Epiphone guitars and I'm going with Fernandes for all future purchases. Excellent quality. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: Action was perfect for me. It is very low and comes from the factory that way. Fernandez does a good job with their setup. Flawless victory! Oh yeah, and as I mentioned in the first paragraph the finish is really great too. Seems to take a beating and say " I'm not gonna wear a coat to my inauguration cause I'm a strong dude". It is a strong dude, dude. // 10

Reliability & Durability: Can't comment too much on this yet as I just got the axe but so far so good. I'll bet it can hold its own against the test of time. I would play Live with this guitar but you might want to bring a backup or a clean guitar if you play a large variety. Perfect for rock/metal. // 10

Overall Impression: Overall this guitar is a great match for me because it gives me that metal chug that I have been looking for a long time. The Ibanez and Epiphone guitars are good but they just don't cut it for me... Fernandes has developed a truly great guitar with the Vertigo X... It is simple but the sound is beyond complex and full of richness. My favorite feature are the sweet ass pickups, single hum bucker, and body style. If someone stole this mofo I would burn their house down and Chuck Norris roundhouse kick them to China. Fernandes rules! // 10

More Fernandes reviews rating category latest review
+ Ravelle Deluxe 8.6 Electric Guitars 03/05/2014