ME 475 Review

6.2
review (1) pictures (1) user comments vote for this gear:
ME 475 Reviewed by: DeadRomance2010, on january 18, 2011

Purchased from: Sears

Features: Made in the USA sometime between 2007-2008 and weighs about 10 lbs. This is a modern Vintage double cutaway body shape, sized and contoured for comfort and playability Edgy "Reckless" distressed graphics Maple neck and rosewood fingerboard; Chrome covered tuning machines, classic HardTail bridge with tilted 3+3 headstock, 3-way, one volume and one tone control. Also includes Go! Amp, 5ft cable, and a First Act Beginners DVD. Basically the package is great for any beginner who is a young child. Perhaps 8yrs+. // 8

Sound: I play rock and punk style and this guitar, with the proper repairs, is capable of such playing methods. For any musical style, I HIGHLY suggest you purchase a different amp. The Go! Amp is a POS and has only two sound options. I've played this guitar on my Line 6 amp and it sounds better, but its definetly not something to be proud of. // 6

Action, Fit & Finish: My guitar was set-up pretty well. But then again unlike wal mart, Sears keeps a better eye on their products and doesn't allow mishandling to occur on their products. If you buy these at wal mart, more than likely your instrument was opened and handled by unbehaved children who have practically destroyed it. So pretty much I purchased my guitar in EXCELLENT condition with no flaws. I loved the paint job, but the chrome on the paint on the hardware tends to fade showing the plastic underneath. // 5

Reliability & Durability: This guitar is NOT RECOMMENDED for live playing. The sound seems to change a lot. One day it can sound like a professional guitar and other days it can sound like garbage. Even with an electronic tuner, the sound of the guitar does change. Not to mention that most of these have some sort of humming sound the whole time. The strap buttons are not solid. The screws used to hold them in place never stay so I recommend purchasing new ones and replacing the old ones for safety. This is not the guitar to use in a gig without a back up. If I were to ever use this in a gig, it would only be to smash on stage. These guitars, for the professionals, are the best to smash on stage. The finish does last on this guitar. The only first acts that seem to fade are the First Act Discovery istruments for the much younger musician. They are cute and adorable but the quaility is terribel, but that is for a different review I will work on. // 5

Overall Impression: Like I said earlier, I play both rock and punk styles of music. This guitar was not a good match because I was much farther into my playing skills. This is definetly a good beginners guitar. If you or someone you know is just curios about it, then this is the guitar for them. Before I had purchased this item, my only wish was to have researched it first. But if it were to somehow "disappear" I wouldn't feel too bad. Just minor sympathy since it was my first electric. The one thing I loved about it was that it was playable and I could afford it. It wasn't the best but being a beginner at the time with electric guitars, I thought it was the bees knees. It really opened me up to what a quality guitar should be. I've compared this product to other First Act electrics, and aside from the custom made ones, this is probably the best one to get for your beginner guitarist. I only hate the Go! Amp that came with this guitar. Its just a waste of time to try and deal with it. I say trash it asap or just let the little jam on it if you don't want to deal with a real amp. I chose this guitar, and there were others but only in different models(same packages and accessories), because at the time I had the money and being 14 I knew my family wouldn't Drive me to the nearest guitar shops for a much better one. I just took advantage of it and grabbed the first thing I found which is a huge mistake. If you're looking for a low priced quality guitar, this is NOT it. But if your kid is looking to play, this is the one to start with. It wont burn as big a hole in your wallet and if it breaks, you can send it back to the company with little issues. // 7

More First Act reviews rating category latest review