Stage 450 Review

7.4
 8.8
review (1) user comments vote for this gear:
Stage 450 Reviewed by: meadowskid, on december 24, 2004

Features: I didn't really get alot of information about it cause it was just out on display at the store. Well it's not really a store, it's more of this place I take lessons at that just happens to sell guitars and amplifiers. Anyway, I don't know where or when it was made, what wood it's made out of or the brand of tuners. I'll just give some basic information. It has 24 frets, a very thin neck and body, wich makes it extremely light. It's actually only 5 pounds and the neck and the body are almost exactly the same length. It has a nice transparent red finish one it and dual humbuckers wich gives it a very nice rock sound. It's Strat shaped with a string through body bridge. There is very few controls, only the volume, one tone knob wich has amazing range and a 3 way selector. It came with a gigbag, a strap and a stand. Overall it was a really good deal and I love this guitar. // 10

Sound: It suites my style so perfectly. I just love it. I play rock music mostly and it has this amazing sound to it, the strings are so close to the frets wich makes it so easy to play, it's really light wich makes it even better. I tried it out at the place I bought it with a few different amps to make sure it wasn't just the amp that was giving me the sound I got out of it, it's got this really nice slightly distorted soung to it, even on clean settings. The dual humbuckers will pick up almost anything, even the slightest tap of a string, wich can be bad and give you unwanted notes making you sound sloppy, but it just takes some getting used to to remove that. All in all, I like the sound but I dont like how it always sounds distorted, I would like a clean sound everyonce and a while. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: This guitar was set up very well, the strings are very close to the frets all down the neck, nearly the same distance the whole way, no buzzing noises against the frets, wich is really annoying on other guitars. I'd say it was beautifully made, other people might have different ideas, I love how the body is about half as thin as other guitars. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar is great, I think it'd be fine for live shows, I'm not currently in a band so I couldnt really say. the strap buttons are solid although they do stick out alot with might make it annoying when your setting it down. Everything on the guitar seems in tip top shape and like it will last quite a long time. I think it's dependable but I'm not crazy and I deffinitly wouldnt use it without a backup, it's not indestructable. The finish seems like it should say on very long, it's transparent so you can see the wood and it looks like there is a fair bit of finish on the wood. // 8

Overall Impression: Perfect match for a rock or metal guitarist, if it was stolen, I'd kill the bastard, nobody would be a big enough dick to say that if their guitar was stolen they wouldnt go kick the kids ass. I'm actually not sure if id buy it again though, I would probably go with a better model from the same company. I actualy compared this with an Ibanez Les Paul and a Aria Mac and I liked this better although I do wish it had a better clean tone. // 8

Comments