ES-345 Classic Review

9.1
 8.1
review (1) 8 comments vote for this gear:
ES-345 Classic Reviewed by: Synconiax, on november 09, 2012

Features: Some things never change. The demand for the ES-345 is still there. Features include Vari-tone electronics, double-parallelogram inlay, Maple/Poplar body, gold plated hardware and more. - Back and sides: Maple/poplar/maple Laminate - Binding: multi-ply top, single-ply back - Bridge/tremolo: Tune-O-Matic - Controls: two volume, two tone, three-way Switch - Fingerboard: rosewood, single-ply binding - Frets: 22 - Machine heads: green key - Neck joint: 19th fret - Neck material: mahogany - Nut width: 1 11/16" - Pickguard: black - Scale: 24 3/4" - Top wood: maple/poplar/maple laminate - Pickups: two '57 Classic humbuckers - Hardware: gold plated - Knobs: black tophat with gold insert and nickel pointers - Inlays: pearloid split parallelogram on fretboard, holly inlay on headstock. // 10

Sound: I mostly play blues, but also some jazz and classic rock. This guitar is absolutely perfect for blues, and very nice for playing jazz too. But you can play a nice bit of rock on this baby as well. With the Vari-tone Switch turned of, this guitar has a really nice full rich and deep sound, but the further you set the Switch the brighter and the more funky the sound gets. I played it with a lot of amps, I personally use a Mesa Boogie, but on all the amps this guitar sounded great. You can get a very nice distortion out of the guitar as well. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: I bought the guitar from a shop, and there they had set it up perfectly. So I don't know if it came like this from the factory. But the action is very sweet, this neck beats all my solid body guitars in speed. The guitar didn't have any flaws. The pickups were adjusted perfectly. I know that this is case sensitive, but I can say that mine came to me in perfect state, with no flaws whatsoever. // 10

Overall Impression: This guitar is perfect for blues, but you can get a great lot of styles out of it. I have been playing for about 10 years now, and this is the best buy I ever made. If this guitar was ever stolen from me, I would sertainly buy it again, no doubt in my mind about that. // 10

More Gibson reviews rating category latest review
+ 120th Anniversary SG Standard 2014 Min-ETune 7.1 Electric Guitars 08/15/2014