L6-S Review

8.9
 7.8
review (1) pictures (1) 8 comments vote for this gear:
L6-S Reviewed by: Giblets, on november 09, 2012

Features: Features are great. Unlike any other guitar it has a selector. Not sure exactly what it does, but it does change the sound. It has a volume knob and a mid range knob, cuase I'm pretty sure it's not a tone knob. Other than that it's similar to a lespaul. Mine might have mafia humbuckers, but w.e they are the selector changes the sound of the neck pick up not sure about the bridge one since it has no sound change. // 10

Sound: You can get w.e sound you desire out of it. it's a bit bassier than a les paul and I like that. IT has a bright sound, but like I said you can change everything about it's sound. It fit's my jazz, blues, folk, grunge, rock styles and everything else. It can play deep bass, or biting tones and everything in between. It sounds amazing clean and great with dist. I haven't tried heavy distortion and I don't personally care and I haven't tried over Drive yet which I definatly need to do. The overdrive will probably sound great. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: It's action is low, but it can be changed like a les paul or a SG. Nothings wrong with it. it's 30 going on 40 years old and hardly anythings wrong with it at all. it's just natural wood finish though with a black pick guard, but it would just look like a SG if it was any other color. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar is light and feels almost like a SG but has the look of a les paul. It is dependable except hte straps buttons are kinda small. I haven't tried a strap on it yet. Since it's almost 40 years old now and it's been played for ever, I'm gonna say this is good to last. The frets are worn down to hell worse than I've ever seen though and I can tell they've been replaced 1-3 times before and I'm going to replace them again. // 10

Overall Impression: This is a great guitar for anything. If it were lost or stolen I'd f--king run after hte mother f--ker who took it and beat the shit out of him. I love how there's only about so many, and how old it is and how great it looks and plays and feels. I love it's features and I love how much I love it compared to lespauls and Sgs or any other Gibson model. it's selector is definately it's defining feature and it's sound. // 10

More Gibson reviews rating category latest review
+ 120th Anniversary SG Standard 2014 Min-ETune 7.1 Electric Guitars 08/15/2014