Les Paul Axcess Standard Review

7.2
review (1) pictures (1) 33 comments vote for this gear:
Les Paul Axcess Standard Reviewed by: Foxlove224, on november 09, 2012

Purchased from: The music station

Features: Mine was made 2009, It has 22 frets the it is very fast mahogany neck with rosewood frets. There is a slight contour on the maple capped body. The les paul as always has a very nice sunburst finish. The Floyd Rose is very stable and is great for dive bombs and trill etc. The action is lower than on the Les Paul Standard but ridiculosy low. It features two sets volume and tone controls, and on the bridge tone there is a push pull coil-splitter. The tone controls are well suited to the PAF style burstbuckers, at no point does the sound become wooly. Mine came with a hard case. // 9

Sound: I play for the most part various rock types(metal, heavy rock). And this really does suit them down to the ground. The sound is very pure and unadulterated. I play through a few different amps(depending on what gig I'm playing or practise). I play through 100 watt Mesa Boogie mark 5 head into a mustaine signature 4X12 cabinet for smaller shows, and a 200 watt Marshall head through Mesa Boogie rectifier stack for a bigger show and at home I use a Fender Twin vibraverb amp. And it sounds lovely, it is a very berstile instrument it is very resonant(due to the tone chambers). At high gain it copes extremely well notes don't mush together, when clean notes are rich and full bodied. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: When I recieved the guitar there were no particular problems, except for the fact the the Floyd Rose was floating of the body abit to much but I fixed that. The pickups were to close to the string for my liking but Gibson made it very easy to lower them. Other than hat it was perfect. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I am using using this as my main instrument for my live shows. I play about 6 maybe 7 show a month and so far it has stood to the challenge I also play it at home quite alot. My other instruuments are a Les Paul Studio, a origenal Fender 62 Strat, a 72 reissue tele, a PRS sunburst 22 and a Firebird v. This is the guitar I play the most the locking strap buttons are great, the finish has slightly faded and it looks just lovely. // 9

Overall Impression: I play through various effects I own about about 40 but I only have about 10 on stage with at a time. The best thing about this guitar is its sound and the versatility of it sound the coil-splitter offers a massive range of tonal options the pickups are very good and offer alot in bass, middle and treble. This les paul was ment to be different and it is but I would have put 24 frets on it instead of a Standard 22. I would definatly reccommend it to every guitar player regardless of their style of play. // 10

More Gibson reviews rating category latest review
+ SG Special Voodoo 9.2 Electric Guitars 06/09/2014