Les Paul Studio Review

manufacturer: Gibson date: 11/09/2012 category: Electric Guitars
Gibson: Les Paul Studio
The Les Paul Studio offers guitarists all the essential elements of a Les Paul Standard, including a carved top and humbucking pickups, in a simple yet elegant design.
 Reliability & Durability: 8.8
 Action, Fit & Finish: 8.8
 Features: 9.2
 8.7
 9.1
 8.3
reviews (60) pictures (12) 190 comments vote for this gear:
Les Paul Studio Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 09, 2012

Purchased from: Merchant City (Glasgow)

Features: This guitar was made in the USA this year (2005). Body, neck and woods: this model has 23 frets and a rosewood fretboard. The body is a solid body made from 2 different woods, Mahogany with a maple (heavier wood) on top as a cap. This guitar would be realy realy realy heavy otherwise. Finish: this guitar looks beautiful, it has a clear finish which is coloured a wine red colour with gold hardware (looks stunning). Body style: this is of course no copy so obviously its the Gibson les paul body shape. Controls: this guitar gives a 3-way selector Switch to Switch between the neck, the bridge or both pickups. There is also a volume dial provided for each pickup (2) and 2 tone controls, again one for each pickup. Pickups: these are the standard Gibson humbuckers which come on the guitar, (check out thier website for more info). Tuners: these are Gibson Deluxe tuners (as standard) very robust. Accessories: this guitar comes with a whole host of accessories; Gibson hard Case with the Gibson logo on "Gibson USA", Gibson strap, Picks (plectrums), Gibson guitar polish/cleaner, Polishing cloth, Gibson tuner, and a lot of information to do with spare parts and other useful stuff. // 10

Sound: This guitar is very diverse. I play a lot of different styles: rock, Indie, punk, ska, skate, emo, soloing etc. It plays very well in all of these styles it is very quick to play as the fretboard is excelent. I am currently using this guitar with a Marshall Valvestate AVT 150 head and a Marshall Valvestate 412A 200w cabinate. This has a whole load of effects on it and the guitar sounds sweet with every one!, the guitar can make a lot of diferent sounds from bright to an rich sound which is great for soloing. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: This guitar was set up perfectly it was tuned and the pickups were set perfectly. The colour was exactly the same as it is shown on every website I have seen and it works wonderfully with the gold and black hardware. The bridge is properly routed and it is also for keeping the guitar in tune as it it self adjusting. Any flaws? No chance! This guitar is perfect, there is not one flaw on it! Everything is cut, placed and fixed perfectly, the finishing of the varnish is also excellent, it covers every where I havent seen any gaps or uncovered bits yet! and I dont expect to either. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar is extremely reliable and durable! I've been playing the guitar now for a good 10 years! And I'm only 17. I haven't known any other guitar be this reliable of durable. This guitar is solid, I've banged it a few times on chairs and desks etc, and it hasne dinted the guitar or even put a scratch on it, I thin Gibson must be using some super laquer or something! The hardware and strap buttons are very strong and seems like they will outlive me! I for one depend on this guitar alone, I have three other guitars and when I go to play at a gig I don't take them unless I'm using different tunings, I depend on this Gibson normaly. I play my guitar for at least 3 hours a day, everyday, this finish seems again like it could outlast me, it shows no sign of wearing away. // 10

Overall Impression: I play a lot of different styles of music: rock, Indie, punk, ska, skate, emo, soloing etc. This guitar is great for all of these styles. I have been playing for 10 or more years now and I'm only 17. I own quite a frew bits and bobs of gear: Marshall AVT 150 stack, Marshall MG 30, Marshall MS-2 microamp, Tanglewood acoustic guitar, Another acoustic guitar, PRS (Santana style) guitar, this Gibson, an old Strat (poor), Peavy ST-15 Speakers and a Peavey MP400 PA system. (Few things more but I've forgotten them). If this guitar was lost or stolen I would cry, then I would go and buy another one (well the insurance would). I love everything about this guitar I feel it has no bad points! My favourite feature would have to be the sound or the looks. I compared this guitar with the new Fender Strat (675) and the Fender HHS Strat, and to be honest the Fenders play awful! They say you either like Fenders or Gibsons, so if ur considering buying either, check both of them out, go and play one first (I'm definately a Gibson man). // 10

Les Paul Studio Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 09, 2012

Features: Probably not a surprise, it's impossible to shred on an LP. I have an RGT2020 for that, but this guitar still overall isn't very playable. It only has 22 frets, and connects to the body at fret 17. The body, is 2.75" thick, if you even try to get up to putting your hands from 18 up, it's impossible. There is no playability on the upper frets. Tune-O-Matic bridge, which if you don't use tremelo and you buy this, later you will want to use tremelo and the crappy tail piece-non-through-body style ones suck anyway. The neck, is extremely fat. This is the slowest neck I've ever played. Plus, the back of it is painted which becomes sticky ever 4 minutes and you have to constantly clean it then wash your hands. The tuners work pretty well and seem to only go out of tune when it's 80 degrees in the summer and up, or when you smash the strings. The finish will wear away in a second, it is not at all durable. If you have a belt on, underneath 2 shirts and a sweatshirt, it will still scratch. Controls are fine, except it's only a 3 way Switch, not very versatile. The body weighs nearly 9.5 pounds, and isn't very comfortable. Your arm can not be easily placced for a firm resting position on your picking hand. It is a 2004 model. // 4

Sound: It works extremely nice for acoustic style songs, especially with reverb. When you Switch on distortion, it's again, perfect. Overdrive doesn't seem to be very strong with the studio's pickups, but more so the Standard or Classics. The way the apply the neck onto the body is horrible. If you play the high E string and then mute it (with distortion on), alllll the other strings ring out. This guitar has the most noise out of any. Pinch harmonics don't exactly work extremely well, pop on a wall all the way forward, and it squeels fine. // 6

Action, Fit & Finish: Action was tilted ot the side, and was so high up I could fit my fingers underneath it. The pickups after I took them out when they weren't functioning properly, I found to be installed backwards. The neck at the bridge and the bridge at the neck. The finish already had a blemish in it that made it very bland, not shiny. I was told by the dumb asses at Guitar Center that it was fine. When it wore away to the maple top and mahogany bottom a week later, they said it was unreplacable and my fault. The Switch was also not properly installed. All the electronics wire's were twisted together. Who the hell only twists them together? // 2

Reliability & Durability: The electronics, tuners, and of course hunks of metal for the bridge and tailpiece, will all stand the test of time. I'm not so sure about the woods and finish. I've already played it live, it's fine. I would not use this at a gig without a backup, that's suicide. // 6

Overall Impression: I play mainly shred and neoclassical. For this guitar, it's limited to acoustics, metal riffs, Iron Maiden or Judas Priest style soloing, chords. If someone called the police reporting someone stole this guitar, would I buy it again? No, I'd call the police and explain how I'd left it out in front of my house with a couch, both with a sign taped to it "free." I also own an Ibanez RGT2020, Carvin (some '80s model), and a custom Hamer. All of witch kick this guitars ass. For $100 more, you can get the Ibanez RGT2020. It's versatile in all aspects. Gets all sounds. Fast neck. Everything. // 4

Les Paul Studio Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 09, 2012

Features: Beautiful guitar, loaded with everything you'd need. It has a set neck, and has mounds of sustain. Alnico-V 490R and 498T pickups. It has a volume control for each pick up and tone controls, along with a 3-way selector Switch. Trapazoid inlays. Gold pickups. Non-locking tuners, hold tune very well though. // 10

Sound: This guitar is very well suited to my style. I play mostly thick blues (a la Stevie Ray Vaughan) and classic rock. it sounds great clean and you can easily get nice thick chunky sound, very AC/DC-esq. Plugged in you will get a small amount of feedback/buzz, but nothing too bad. You can only hear it if you are not playing. And if you have this guitar plugged in, it will be being played! Not the most versitle guitar, but it'll get done what it's supposed to do. I don't especially like the 3-way setting betweed rythem and lead. It sounds kind of empty. The other setting all sound fantastic though. The lead will scream at you and the rythem will mellow your mind out. It definatly has the classic thick warmth that can only be found with a Gibson. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: This guitar was set up very well. Very low action, even on the higher frets. The pickups seemed to be perfectly adjusted. Everything on the top was flawless, I was well satisfied. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I purchased this used so I don't know exactly, just got it a few days ago. It has one mismatched tuner, so I don't know what happened there. Other than that it seems very nice, so I'll give it a 4. // 8

Overall Impression: For my style of music (classic rock, blues, some metal) this is a perfect match. I have been playing 1 year, and I own a Squier Strat which I love to death (no I'm not joking. I think I got lucky and picked up one of the good ones). Right now I am still running it through my Frontman 15R practice amp, and it still sounds great! If it were stolen I couldn't afford a new one. But if I could I would buy one again. Trust me if you are thinking about going with a Schecter C1, Epiphone LP, Telecaster, or any other guitar, save up and get this, I have played them all and there is no comparrison! I love the action, sound, finish, gold hardware, massive sustain, and all around rocking-ness of it. I dislike that it cost so much, and I know a little of it was for the Gibson name. but I do beleive it was worth it. That's all, this is a great guitar. My suggestion would be to buy the best that you can afford. That way it won't be replaced in a few years. Also, Gibson's hold value, like an invesment. In 5 years I could go sell it for almost what I bought it for. // 10

Les Paul Studio Reviewed by: GuitaPlaya, on november 09, 2012

Features: This is a great guitar, it's your standard Gibson LP, 22 frets, Tune-O-Matic bridge, two humbuckers ect. Comes with a hardshell case and a scree driver to adjust the height of the pickups. // 9

Sound: The sound is the best thing about the guitar. It gets a full rich tone. The treble pick up is great for getting any kind of distortion. Crunchy, metal, lead, anything. Using both pickups is great for clean tone and chords, especially when you add a little bit of chorus with it, it sounds amazing. Just about any style of music you want to play it will work for you, except for shredding due to the thick neck, but the thick neck just helps the guitar get that great tone. The body is sort of heavy but again, that's what helps it get that great tone. It is mahogany with a maple top. Any one who didn't give the sound a 10 doesn't know what they're talking about. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The set-up wasn't perfect, the action on the lower strings was higher than on the higher strings, but that was a quick fix thanks to the Tune-O-Matic bridge. All I had to do was loosen the strings and turn the thumb wheele. The finish looks amazing, I got mine in wine red and I suggest the same for you. The fret board was nice pretty fast but again, the thing has a fat neck, which isn't a big deal it's just something that you have to get use to. // 9

Reliability & Durability: The guitar is durable and the finish will last as long as you're not an idiot, take care of it properly, and read the instruction manuel. // 10

Overall Impression: I play punk and alternative rock in a band and it sounds perfect, but I will play anything that will help me improve and it fits everything from a fat bluesy tone to a heavy metal distortion. My only complaint would be the thick neck and body. If you are use to playing Strats it the body will feel weird and uncomforable. At first I could not get use to the guitar because of these things so I was probably going to return it for and SG but the SG didn't get the same awseome tone. The guy there suggested I should play it a little more and I would hopefully get use to it and I did. It may not be the best thing money can buy, but it's the best guitar $1270 can. Do yourself a favor a buy this thing. // 10

Les Paul Studio Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 09, 2012

Features: This is a black 2001 model with gold hardware. Rosewood fingerboard. Carved maple top. Mahogany neck and body. Single cutaway style. Tune-O-Matic bridge. 3-way selector with separate tone and volume controls. Gibson humbuckers. Grover tuners. It came with plush satin LP case. It has the smaller neck position markers which is a drag. It's plain jane but beautiful all the same. // 8

Sound: I'm all about straight up blues with a little jazz and rock on the side. I play through a Tech21 Trademark 60 amp. The Gibson LP Studio is all about fat fat sustain. This is the sound I dreamed about having but could never get out of the old '70s Strat I had for 20 years. My Studio model gives me that thick fat bridge pickup sound that symbolizes hard rock a la Jimmy Page and Joe Perry. The neck pickup gives me that rich Jazz box sound I always dreamed of and lets me in to Pat Metheney and John McLaughlin territory. It's also essential for getting that Robert Fripp tone. The middle position gives me great clean Blues and early rock tones and is very beautiful and unique to my ears with cleaner amp settings. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: Action you set yourself. It doesn't matter what the factory did. Pickups are also set by yourself. Factory settings are irrelevant. There were some flaws on this one but it had the best tone of all the Studios I tried in the store so I chose sound over perfection. They don't all sound the same folks. I'm very lucky to get a really good sounding example of the breed. // 5

Reliability & Durability: It's a Gibson folks. Everything is good quality but it should be treated with tender loving care to last forever. Strap buttons are ok. Pickup selector will act up if it's not used for a while. Flipping back and forth a few times will fix it. There is nothing cheap about this guitar. The gold wears off the hardware which is a drag. // 8

Overall Impression: If you really love electric guitar you really only need two models to get all the different tonal flavors for different songs. One is the Gibson LP and the other is the Fender Strat. I love my Studio LP but I also have to have the Strat for that single coil sound. With these two guitars there is nothing you can't do. Nothing else sounds or plays like a Gibson LP. It's been around for so many years with virtually no changes for a good reason. // 8

Purchased from: Musician's Friend

Features: First off, I must say this is a strange guitar. Although it's classified as a "Les Paul Studio Limited," it has hardware that's found in the newer Les Paul Standards. It was made in the USA. It's got a worn cherry finish, a carved mahogany top as well as a mahogany back, a '59 rounded mahogany neck, rosewood fingerboard, 22 frets, pearloid trapezoid inlays, non-locking green key tuners, Tune-O-Matic bridge, stopbar tailpiece, 2 volume controls, 2 tone controls, 3-way selector Switch, a raised pickguard, and a pair of Alnico 5 BurstBucker Pro humbuckers. Also came with a Gibson hardshell case. // 10

Sound: The sound of this guitar is absolutely gorgeous. Although it's a Studio, it's got the sound of a Standard. I play just about everything from Indie rock, to jazz, to classic rock, to country, to punk, and I can safely say that this guitar is very versatile. While I really wish it had a bit more twang, I should bought a Telecaster for that. Another thing about this guitar is that it's got the brightest tone of any Les Paul that I've played. This is probably due to the BurstBucker Pros. They're nice pickups. Very sweet Vintage sound. Especially with reverb. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: While the guitar is great, the factory setup didn't quite meet my expectations. In fact, I think Gibson's overall quality in terms of factory setups is dropping, since I know many who feel the same way. For my guitar, I had to re-adjust the intonation, fix a volume knob that they had put on upside down, straighten the pickup selector ring, tighten the strap button closest to the bridge, and raise the action a bit due to fret buzz. However, the pickups seemed to be setup nicely at the factory. Though it's not the prettiest thing I've ever seen, the finish seems alright to me, but a tad weak. Overall though, it's not as bad as it sounds since I make a shitload of adjustments to all my guitars. Also, I forgot to mention that the neck is pretty fat, so it's not as fast as what I'm used to (I've been playing on my Stratocaster for years). It also doesn't weigh as much as other Les Pauls (in my opinion). // 8

Reliability & Durability: So far this guitar has been pretty reliable. The hardware is awesome, and the strap buttons are solid, though a bit small (use straplocks if possible). However, the worst part about this guitar is that it's more vulnerable to dents and scratches than any other Les Paul, since the finish seems a bit weaker. Also, the carved top is mahogany, rather than maple (which I think is a softer wood, no?). Anyhow, I would still use this guitar without a backup, despite the fact that not having a backup guitar at a gig is stupid. // 8

Overall Impression: Overall, this guitar is a GREAT buy. In fact, the 850 dollar pricetag was what drew me into buying this baby. I mean, rarely have I seen ANY Les Pauls lower than $1,000. Like I said before, it doesn't look as nice as a Les Paul Standard or classic, but it sounds just as good, if not better. Other than that, this guitar's got everything you'd expect in a Gibson. If it were lost or stolen, I'd probably get another one or save up for an impossibly expensive Gretch White Falcon. If you care about sound more than looks, this guitar was made for you. Buy it. Good price. Good Deal. Good guitar. // 10

Les Paul Studio Reviewed by: guitarcaw, on november 09, 2012

Features: Made in the USA in 2004, this guitar is a real beauty. With 22 jumbo frets, solid body, curved top, set neck and trapezoid inlays, a wine red finish with gold pickups and hardware, Tune-O-Matic bridge, three way selector Switch, two volume and two tone (rythm and treble), and a free case, this thing is ready to rock. // 9

Sound: This guitar is not particuarly fit for my kind of playing (I play shred), yet I have adapted to playing it. I use my Crate 65 watt with a crappy Zoom pedal and it sounds pretty good. One thing is for sure, there is nothing wrong with the pickups. I don't usually use the rythm settings but the sound full and deep. The treble settings provide excellent tone for lead work. Harmonics are no problem on this guitar and a wide range of deep lows and searing highs make this guitar sound awesome. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: When I got this guitar, I was Amazed how well it was set up. The action was perfect, and the pickups were in the right place. I have no complaints with the finish on this guitar as it is absolutely amazing. The only thing to watch out for is the finish on the back of the neck. It has a tendencey to get sticky after playing for a while although a little polish always makes the neck smoother and less sticky. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I am 100% sure this gutar would withstand live playing, I know for a fact that it could stand up to almost anything that can happen onstage during a preformance because I have used it for two gigs and had it mishandled by my roadies (my friends), and the electronics fooled around with and it still was at peak preformance during the concert. I know I can depend on this guitar and everything on this guitar is solid. I have no worrys about replacing anything on this guitar because there is a fault. // 10

Overall Impression: I play shred, rock, and some metal and this guitar suits me fairly well. I've been playing for almost 4 years now with 2 other electrics, a Fender Strat and a BC Rich Bronze Warlock and there is no denying that this is my best guitar. If this were stolen, I don't know if I would replace it. I might get a nicer Ibanez or Jackson to better suit my style but this is still a great guitar. I love the action, pickups, hardware, and playability of this guitar and the only thing I hate is the finish on the back of the neck. I compared this to the SG and decided that this model would be much better sounding and suitable for me. // 9

Les Paul Studio Reviewed by: blakslee, on november 09, 2012

Features: Carved Maple top, chambered mahogany body Gibson 498t and 490r Mahogany neck w/rosewood fretboard, corian nut Tuneomatic bridge volume/tone for each pickup (4knob) Would rather it came with a hard case and not a (very nice) gigbag // 9

Sound: I had a MIM hss Strat for 5-6 years before getting my LP. Don't get me wrong, the MIM Strat is a great guitar but there were things that really annoyed me like, it never stayed in tune quite right and there was a lot of fret buzz. I was debating getting a used USA Strat until I picked up the gibson. Yes there are sounds that can only be gotten with a single coil but once I heard that thick, meaty, mellow Gibson tone, I was in love. Playing jazz thru the neck is just soulfood. There's no hum at all at least until I turn up the gain on my Boss md2. I'm not a huge fan of the bridge pickup clean. I think it's a little too punchy too much attack, but not much. I love it with effects/distortion. Playing Tool on my Fender was quite frankly a joke but when I tried it with the gibson, again: thick and ballsy. The bottom end is just so thick, and the top was a lot more manly than my Fender too. To give a classical example of what all this "thick and meaty" means its like having one cello play an open 5th or having a cello and bass section playing an open 5th. If you're looking for something to play in a pink floyd cover band, this isn't for you because the sound is completely different (I'm a big floyd fan) but I do love it for everything else. After a month I put on D'Addario chrome xl, jazz lites I think (.11-.50or.52). They're flatwound and very mellow on the neck pickup. Very smooth too. I didn't expect them to be good under distortion but gues what. They are. I love them except they're so thick and tight, bending over a step is veeerrry hard. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The factory set up was great, not buzz, .10 guage strings. Life is good. Unfortunatly when I changed strings (ernie ball .10) I got frett buzz all over the joint. I was getting sick of this, tried to raise the bridge which helped a little. After taking it to a guitar store, we discovered the buzz wasn't comming thru the amp. When I put the xl chromes on, there was no more buzz, apparently because the xtra tension pulled the neck up a little and the strings got a little further away from the board. The tuners and knobs are nice and smooth. Everything was very well put together. I do understand that this is the "bottom" Gibson guitar but I really wish it wasn't chambered. // 9

Reliability & Durability: It will definatly last. I take good care of all my instruments and this will be not exception, but accidents to happen. What seems to happen the most is if hit or dropped hard, the headstock snaps off which is a problem. If you look on ebay, there's a lot of lp's (gibson and epi) with re-attached headstocks. // 10

Overall Impression: This is a very versitile guitar. One minute you could be serenading a hotty with jeff buckley and then go to a gig with you're metallica tribute band, followed by a session at Blue Note. If you like the thin Fender neck or have small hands, this may not be you're thing, but as always, play it to see. I think the tone is marvelous but I do miss the sound of a single coil sometimes. It can be played hard w/o going out of tune and for the price you get all the Gibson goodness. You can change tunings easier than a Fender can and for where I am in my playing, it's great, Definatly the bridge between MIM or a epi lp std and a $2000 guitar of any kind. // 10

Purchased from: daves guitar

Features: This guitar is a 2005 Gibson Les Paul Studio, bought new from daves guitar. It has a mahogany body with maple sides, it has two humbuckers a 490 and a 498 I believe. // 10

Sound: I play a lot of Zeppelin and heavy rock and this guitar is perfect for it and any other style of music. This guitar can sound totaly diferent it can have a bright rich sound or a dark deep sound. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: This guitar was set up pretty good the action is great even though it came with thick strings the pick up selector is a little loose but how many people played it before me? The finish is pretty good. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar is a Les Paul thats about anough said I imagine the standard or classic are a little better quality they must be for the money they want but I realy can't see how you could make it better. // 10

Overall Impression: This guitar is the perfect one for me some people may not like how heavy and thick it is but you cant beat the action and sustain. I originaly bought a Fender Strat but this guitar blows it away I can't think of any better brand. // 10

Les Paul Studio Reviewed by: HendrixFan434, on november 09, 2012

Features: This Gibson Les Paul was a 2004 model and it was made in USA, it has 22 frets, which are easy to reach, and a solid top, the finish on the guitar is very nice (fireburst) and the electronics have not messed up yet so they are pretty good too, the tuners are non-locking but they are very nice. There are no accessories except a really nice case. // 8

Sound: I mostly play older stuff, not this new age crap coming out, so I don't know it works for it, but if your going for a nice grungy, crunchy sound, then this is the guitar your looking for. Sounds that came out of Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix, and Eric Clapton can be found easy with this guitar. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: Well as I said before, the guitar I bought has a very nice finish (fireburst) but all of the other colors such as alpine white and the black look very nice as well. // 8

Reliability & Durability: Well this is the one part of the guitar where I have a real problem, The wood used to make is said to be mahogany, which is a very fine wood, but after only 3 months of owning it, the headstock snapped forward at a band practice. Now I don't know if every Les Paul Studio is like this or if the one I purchased was just made weaker but Gibson agreed to repair the guitar for free and send it back so no worry's. // 4

Overall Impression: Well other than the way that the guitar I bought broke, I think it is overall a great guitar, the sound mathces everything I was looking for, and the humbuckers are so great I can crank it up and band practice to drown out my friends Stratocaster. // 8

Purchased from: Long And McQuade

Features: The Gibson Les Paul Studio is perfect. It has everything the Les Paul Standard has and the only difference beetween the Studio and the Standard is that the Standard has grade A maple and the Studio has just maple. The only thing that I would change is that they should make them in heratage cherry too but mine is in wine red and it's still one of the most beautiful guitars I've seen. It has 2 humbucking pickups, the 490 and 498. The neck is fast and it's just easier to play on this guitar than on others that I've tried. // 10

Sound: I play Zeppelin mostly and it fits it perfectly since Jimmy Page had a Les Paul. The sound can go from bright and high to dark and kind of "fat." I'm using just a Yamaha 20 watt and it still sounds great. I'm going to get a Marshall MG100DFX and I could only imagine how good it will sound on that. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: My guitar was made perfectly, no scratches or flaws and it's very solid. It is made of a maple top and mahogony base and neck and the pickups are adjusted perfectly. My pickup selector was also a bit loose but it was easy to fix and other than that, it was great! // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar it solid and no matter how long you play it for, it won't get destroyed (unless you drop it like 10 times). It can surely withstand playing in gigs and I would not use any backup. The strap buttons are solid and the finnish lasts a long time // 10

Overall Impression: I've been playing for about 2 years and I'm only 13 but trust me, this guitar is great and I've played many guitars but none of them comes close to this except for other les pauls. If this were stolen, I would hunt the robber down, kick his ass, take my guitar and buy another one just in case. // 10

Les Paul Studio Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 09, 2012

Sound: I mostly play hard rock and metal. It's a godsend for hard rock fans but if you are going for metal I still think an SG would do better. Nice fat, chunky tone with buckets of sustain. Humbuckers obviously get rid of any noticable humming. I'm using it with a 50 Watt Marshall and a Boss-DS1 distortion pedal. It sound fantastic. This guitar is pretty much just a Classic without binding (the white stuff around the edges of the guitar. Purely a cosmetic change, they have no effect whatsoever on the sound). // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: Set up great at the factory, great pickups, everything in perfect condition. Not to mention a Gibson guitar will probably outlive a human being. // 10

Overall Impression: A great match for hard rock and hair metal. Punk and grunge sound decent on this too, but for punk and grunge a Fender Mustang would do great (Kurt Cobain used Mustangs). I compared it to the Gibson SG because they are in the same price range and genre. I didn't compare it to the American Strat because it was meant for different sounds. My favorite part of this guitar is the sheer durability of it. I bet I could throw it off my roof right now and it would be fine. // 10

Purchased from: eBay

Features: The Les Paul is a 2002, made in USA. 22 frets. Maple top, mahogany back. Alpine white. Single cutaway Les Paul body. Tun-O-Matic bridge. Active. 2 volume, 2 tone, 3-way Switch. Seymour Duncan humbuckers. Gibson deluxe tuning heads, non-locking. Gibson factory case. // 10

Sound: The sound is perfect for the style of music I play which varies. (fast punk rock, hard rock, rock, and classic rock). // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: It was set up very good at the factory. When the humbuckers were changed, the person did not do a very good job wiring it, but it works great. All was made perfect. Some finish flaws, buffing compound was left on finish in spaces that are not visible. // 8

Reliability & Durability: The guitar was made for concerts. the hardware is solid. The strap buttons are solid. I put schallar strap locks on it. I can depend on this guitar to work. The finish seems to be wearing off slowly. But does not matter to me becuase I care about the sound the most. // 8

Overall Impression: I play different styles and this guitar meets my standards perfectly. I have been playing for about 5 or 6 years, I also have a Gibson SG Special and a Fender Mexico Strat. I should have asked about finish flaws. Buy it again. I love everything about it, I always wanted a Les Paul and when I got one it is just as awesome as I thought one would be. I wish it had a better finish. // 10

Les Paul Studio Reviewed by: lil_angus_young, on november 09, 2012

Purchased from: bellone

Features: My guitar is usa made in 2005. Came with a Gibson hardshell case that seemes to last a while. It also has 22 frets on a rosewood fretboard. The whole guitar is made from solid mahogany accept for the maple top on the body. It is black with few scratches (play wear). It came with a Tune-O-Matic bridge and tailpeice in gold. It came with 2 volume and 2 tone controls with a 2-way pickup selector. // 10

Sound: This guitar sounds awsome for all the music I play (Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, Guns N Roses). I use a 45 watt Marshall amp. It goes well with blues or jazz aswell. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: When the guitar came from the factory it had a paint chip on the left side of the headstock. The pickups and intinition were set up good aswell. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I think this guitar would withstand live playing because it has for me. The strap falls off sometimes so I would recomened getting new strap locks put on. The guitar is very dependible accept the gold hardware that will start to fade within a few weeks of being owned. The finish is good but seems to chip and scartch easly. // 9

Overall Impression: I play classic rock and some blues or jazz etc. I usually play Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, Guns N' Roses. I own a 1935 Gibson Royaltone steel guitar and a Yamaha electric guitar. If it were taken I would probly get another one of a Fender Stratocaster made in usa. I had a choice between a Fender Strat or a Gibson LP Studio but I chose the LP because everything was just right for me. // 10

Les Paul Studio Reviewed by: Frostithe, on november 09, 2012

Features: Its a 2005 model made in Nashville USA. Got 22 frets and an ebony neck. The back of the neck is painted which means it needs cleaning more often than a wooden neck but thats not exactly difficult is it. I was expecting the neck to be really fat but its not, the '59 rounded profile is really nice. Its chunky enough to feel nice on the hands but thin enough for some fast playing and easy fretting. The body is carved top and made of mahogany which gives it a really nice smooth and bassy sound. My one is in Alpine White with the gold hardware which looks as sweet as a mound of sugar! The tune-o-matic bridge feels nice to rest your hand on when palm muting and allows you to easily adjust the action. Its got nice gold humbuckers in at the moment but I'm buying some EMG's to put in it as soon as I can afford them. Typical Gibson controls, 2 tone, 2 volume and the 3 way selecter. I played on a Fender Strat before so I'm not quite used to the postion of the selector and sometimes hit it and change to the rhymn pickup when I play standing up. The guitar came with a Gibson hard case with some nice fur inside to keep it all nice and safe. // 10

Sound: I play mainly metal with a bit of rock (Green Day are rock! Accept it) and as I said earlier, I'm getting a set of EMG's to go in the guitar to give it more of a metal sound at the moment. With the stock pickups it can do metal, but I think it can do it better! I use the Studio straight into a Marshall DSL401 and they compliment each other nicely. It really starts to Shine when you start to crank the amp. Thats when you get the Marshall tone and it works oh so well with the Gibson. Due to the fact that the guitar has humbuckers, there is very little background noise (except for when I place it near a fan). The pickup selector switch is silent and changes very fluidly. This guitar is extremely versatile so you can go from a bluesy jazz sound to a full on metal and hard rock sound very easily. It naturall gives off a deeper, fuller sound because of the body thickness and material. The low end is nice and crunchy with a screaming high end guaranteed to result in a "guitargasm" with the right playing. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: When it came from the factory, the action was a bit too high for me (about 3mm on the low E) but I easily adjusted this and now its down to 1mm on the low E. You might expect fret buzz with action this low but not at all, it now sounds and plays like a dream. I had to lower the pickups after I lowered the action because the strings would touch the bridge pickup when I palm muted which didn't give a nice sound. But again, this was very easy to do. The one complaint I have about this guitar is that there is a tiny flaw on the top edge, between the neck and strap button. Its a small strip where the paint hasnt gone on properly and you can see the wood. However, its not noticeable unless you are really looking for it and you are very close and it doesn't affect playing in the slightest. Other than that, it's perfect! // 9

Reliability & Durability: I've only had this guitar a week but it seems very good so far. No damage but then again I've been very carefull with it so I'm not too sure on reliability. The hardware seems excellent and the finish is very hard and hasn't worn off yet and I've been playing it a lot. One thing to make sure, the angle of the top strap button means that your strap might come off when playing live. I just bought a strap with a lock on it so it will never come off. This is the same with all Les Pauls though so it's more of a design flaw than a guitar flaw. I would definately play this live without a backup, just make sure you have straplocks or a locking strap! // 9

Overall Impression: As I said, I play metal and this is a versatile guitar which can do pretty much any kind of music (you may need a boost like an OD pedal for death metal). I've been playing for 4 and a half years and this is the best guitar I've ever played. I still havn't gotten used to playing it yet so I'm not as comfortable with it as I was with my Fender but I'd had 3 and a half years to get used to that! I also have: Fender Mex Strat (better than Americans imo), Encore starter guitar (gonna be modded soon), Samick ES335 copy, Marshall DSL401, Fender Champions Series 30, Small 10w Watson amp, Boss MT-2 Metal Zone (awesome), DigiTech RP80 (mainly for tuning now). If this was stolen I'd find the guy who stole it and play loudly until his ears bled, then go home with the guitar satisfied. Of course I'd buy it again! I love the finish and sound of the guitar. I hate nothing. Oh wait, I don't like the angle of the top strap button (mentioned earlier). Before I received this unexpectedly for my birthday (today by the way, it was an early present) I'd considered getting an Epiphone ELitist LP Custom and a Gibson SG but I went with the Gibson Les Paul Studio and I'm extremely happy with it. I do wish it came with EMG's although that wouldn't really please everyone and would put the price up. Scratch that, I love it as it is! // 10

Les Paul Studio Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 09, 2012

Features: No one, that actually bought this guitar would ever admit, that is wasn't the best buy. So therefore I'm writing this to you who hasn't made up your mind whether to buy the LP studio or the LP standard. (I myslef tried out an LP std and a LP studio back in 2006). I reckon the features kinda match the std. but something is seriosly lacking. Maybe it's in the wood. // 7

Sound: Well this is why I bought a std. And not a studio. The sound. The studio does in no way offer the real renowned LP sound. It sounds like any other cheap mexican/japanese/chinese guitar. Generic you could say. And not like the LP you've heard on all your records (say for instance guns'n'roses) // 3

Action, Fit & Finish: The studio has, compared to the standard, a rather dull finish. Action is high and the feel is not "real" But what I really found troubling is the finish. I can't really put a finger on it, but it just looks so cheap. Wouldn't expect that from a 1600 Euro guitar. // 3

Reliability & Durability: I actually don't know about reliability of the studio (as I left the shop with af LP std instead) but I honestly wouldn't trust it. (Whereas my Standard LP, - well it's been tested by the greatest musicians on earth, so I don't need to elaborate on that.). // 5

Overall Impression: Well, you get what you pay for. And honestly, did anyone expect that a LP studio, that comes at half the price of the standard, would play just as good? Overall what I really found troubling, apart from the fact it didn't sound like the LP I've heard recorded, was the finish. I can't really put a finger on it, but it just looks so cheap. // 4

Les Paul Studio Reviewed by: ACDClover31, on november 09, 2012

Purchased from: The Arts

Features: My les Paul was made in 2003 and is wine red with a pick guard. It has 2 volume and 2 tone knobs and 22 frets. It has gold plating and is a solid maple top with a mahogany back and rosewood neck backed with mahogany. IT has a wide neck which suits my playing type. It has a Tune-o-Matic bridge with a stop bar tailpiece and has a 490r humbucker and a 498t humbucker neck pickup. They are Standard Gibson green key tuners. It came with a Gibson hard shell case. // 10

Sound: This guitar suits my music style perfectly because I am into classic rock and blues and all the greats (most of them) used les Pauls such as Jimmy page or Slash. I use it with a Marshall MG30DFX and love it. It has a very rich vibrant tone but at the same time a deep tone which sounds very nice. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: There were no flaws in the guitar and am not sure how the factory set it up because I got mine used but it came perfectly set up only a little unnoticeable gold started to wear off of the bridge. The action came set right and the finish was amazing. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar is a beast and would with stand live playing any day of the year. The hardware is 5 years old and is still fine and I bought strap locks just in case because you can never be too careful. I would depend on this for any concert, and the finish does not seem like it will wear off only a little gold wore off and that is because it is 24 karat gold which is very soft. // 10

Overall Impression: I have been playing for 5 years and love it. If this guitar was stolen I would definitely buy another one and if not I would by the standard or classic. I love the colour, shape, fell and sound of this guitar, it is perfect. It would be kind of neat it had some white or cream trim around the edges. // 10

Les Paul Studio Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 09, 2012

Features: I'm not sure when it was made but I know it was made in the USA. It has 22 frets with trapezoid inlays on a fat mahogany neck.The carved maple top looks great and the body is also mahogany. The single cutaway body has a tune-o-matic bridge, two volume and tone knobs and a 3-way pick up selector (bridge or treble\bridge and neck\neck or rhythm)for two burstbucker pick-ups and The black toped headstock has grover locking tuners. This one came with hard shell case. // 10

Sound: I play southern rock, classic rock, and a little bit of blues. This guitar is a perfect fit for all those. It even does great when I mess around with a little bit of metal. I use a Boss ME-50 effects pedal through a Roland Cube 30 and the Les Paul sounds wonderful. Some times it is a little bit noisy when I turn on the distortion but you can't here it when you are playing and the amazing feedback makes up for any unwanted sounds. The clean sound is great but distortion is just plane phenomonal. When I have it on clean and my pedal all the way up it turns it into an overdrive. This guitar can go from singing high clean\distortion to a thick bluesy clean or distortion all thanks to the two humbuckers. and tone knobs. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The set-up, action, and pick-ups were all perfect. The top was and still is beutiful. There was a crack were the neck meets the body that I didn't notice at the store but nothing major. The rhythm tone knob is a little bit loose and the sound is sometimes effected when I flip the pick up selector real fast when a note or chord is being played or still ringing but again nothing to make me not love this guitar. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I am pretty sure it would stand up to live play. I haven't played it live yet but I have used it during one of our band practices and our practices get pretty rowdy. I think the hard wear will last but will start to tarnish after a wile. The strap buttons are solid but small. I know depend on this guitar and would gig without a back up if I wasn't so cautious. I will also be using my Fender Stratocaster just for a different sound but I don't have any worries about this Les Paul braking on me. // 10

Overall Impression: From southern rock to metal this guitar will do the job. I've been playing for three years and also own a Fender Acoustic and a Fender Stratocaster along with the amp and pedal I mentioned. The Gibson Les Paul is by far my favorite of all the things I own. If somebody stole this guitar I would get the 12-gauge and go after 'em. If I didn't get the guitar back I would by another one if not a LP standerd or if I had enough money a costum. I love the two humbuckers and the full sound this guitar makes. There is nothing I hate about it and nothing I wish it had extra exept a cheaper price tag. I chose the Gibson Les Paul because of it's lookes and all kinds of guys play a Les Paul (the guy from skynard, Brad Avery, and Slash) just to name a few. After I bought the LP studio I compared it to my Strat and I like the Les Paul for most songs but I will still use the Fender. // 10

Les Paul Studio Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 09, 2012

Features: Mine is a 90's Gibson Les Paul Studio made in the USA. Got it in wine red used late 2000's. It is your typical Les Paul with the usual Les Paul features. 2 tone knobs, 2 volume knobs, 490R & 498T pickups, 3 way selector switch, and all the other features you'd find that comes standard with a studio ("standard with a studio" LOL). I had to replace the original tuners with Grovers since the stock didn't really stay in tune as well. Body is really heavy, and neck is really thick. I also have an Epiphone Les Paul Standard, comparing both, the Epiphone has it's more ergonomic advantages. Still all in all, I think this guitar is very well built. I got it with some dings and scratches, but you can tell the wood and body construction is superb. Although the features are very simple, I find the straight forwardness just right for a simple guitar. As long as it can play well and sound well, that's all I need. Other features are just icing but not essential. // 8

Sound: The sound is also the typical Les Paul sound. Lots of body, thickness in every note, fat fat tone! And the sustain is amazing! It is great for both clean and distorted. I believe that some guitars are just best with certain musical styles, and this Gibson Les Paul Studio really aces the Classic Rock and bluesy sound. Of course it can also be used for other Genres like jazz, alternative, metal, but I'd use a different guitar for those. I wouldn't bank this one for variety though. It has only one sound. This one is a Les Paul and it plays like a Les Paul. The best thing it does is sound like a Les Paul, just beautiful! I'd grab another guitar if I wanted a different sound, but if I want a rick beefy fat tone, this is the main axe! // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: Since I got mine used, it wasn't looking as best as it should, and somehow the supposed relic look didn't appeal to me as it didn't look aged, but rather dirty. Seems like the previous owner didn't take care if this guitar. There was even what looks like a slight burn mark where you insert the strap. Anyway, took it to the local luthier, and for a few bucks, it turned out to be a beautiful piece of sculpture! I have seen other colors of the Les Paul studio, but I think this wine red is just really really beautiful! Action, again I had to had it setup. I needed the lowest possible action with no buzz. I'm rating this one under the impression that this is how it was new. // 10

Reliability & Durability: Very reliable guitar! Considering it's from the 90s, it still does not look like anything is going to give anytime soon. In fact, it looks like something I can hand over to my grand children and still perform as well as it does today! This is a very dependable guitar, as I would expect from a Gibson. // 10

Overall Impression: I play all sorts or music, mostly rock, and mostly classic and alternative rock. This guitar handles them and gives a character of its own. I have other guitars, but this is the only one that delivers the rich, thick, and beefy tone that I love! It is perfect for the style I play. // 10

Purchased from: Guitarguitar Newcastle

Features: This was made in 2011 and licenced on the 19th on December 2011 in the American factory. The scale is just a normal Les Paul, 22frets and the shorter scale length a usual (nothing new). The guitar had the be-dreaded chambered body! (I shall get to that a little later). The Fretboard is Granadillo which is a newish wood for Les Pauls which had come about in the last year or so. The body is mahogany with a maple top. The finish is white with silver hardware. The tuners are the Kluson Deluxe Vintage style tuners. And comes with a generic Gibson hardcase. I have given this a 10 as its a Gibson Les Paul... I think everyone who. Knows anything about guitars knows what they will pull out of the box. // 10

Sound: My musical style is changing constantly and evolving sometimes I might want to play classic rock some times I might want to play jazz or fusion or strum chords to a pop songs etc. Anyway I digress! The guitar is very versatile. It does a great job playing pretty much everything. For blues you can turn the volume down and really get a great crunchy tone and pull the volume up the the screaming leads. You can get a great rock tone using the bridge pick up and having everything maxed out. Jazz the neck pick up is very warm. But make sure you turn the volume down a little I think having a chambered body has really warmed the neck pick up. With a massive bottom end. Which is great for fusion etc but sometimes when playing chords you can loose a little clarity. I am running a Vox Vtronix in my room for practice and for gigs I'm using a VHT 5 watt amp mic'd up. I really think the guitar shows its true colours when its cranked up and live. It had given me a new life live as it has a very strong feel which I like and the sustain has really made me hang on notes that little bit extra making me a hell of alot more melodic. But and this is a big one for me. Funky stuff etc just isn't the same as it is on a strat. Feel and sound. For funk stuff I use the neck pickup on a Strat and that is a very revealing sound. And you just can't get the clarity and the thin bright sound you can in a strat. However I have beeing playing strats for a long time which has probably why I formed this opinion. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: the set up was good. It seemed to be how most guitars are these days. Fairly low action and the pickups close to the strings. Which isn't my taste however it just my taste. So when I got home a put the action up too a medium action I would say. And lowered the pickups which was a big thing because it really filled out the sound and the strings could breathe. The guitar was really well made everything feels really nice and solid. There was a little bit of a sloppy paint jon where the tail piece goes into the body just on one side. That really doesn't bother me. My guitars are well cared for but if I bump then I don't mind because they are meant to be played and that usually means they get some war wounds. But for the functionality nothing was wrong. // 8

Reliability & Durability: This guitar has survived live playing and feels strong and feels road worth. I think the chambered bit scares me about getting rough. Not that it feels weak because it feels very strong but I think the thought of the word hollow makes me cautious but I'm sure the mape top will not break. I think the finish will wear like a normal Les Paul. And if you get white its gonna go a yellowy colour which I don't mind and I don't keep it in the case all time as I want it to breathe. But I'm sure if you wash it and keep it in the case when its not being used you will have a lovely white guitar, but for me sa guitar is an instrument not an ART piece. // 8

Overall Impression: This guitar has really been a great addition to my guitars. It is now one of my main guitars which I love dearly. I have been playing for 5 years and I am currently studying in London and gigging quite often. I love the personality of the guitar and the way it really screams and sing. I don't hate anything about this guitar its faults are small and its a Les Paul so you can't really complain about not having a whammy bar or coil taps etc. (2012 studio has coil taps). Compared to my Strat is it a beautiful guitar and I love it the same as my Strat but I do go through phases of playing one more than the other. I wish the tuners where made out of steel and not plastic but hey ho. If I lost it I would try and get another. But the way I buy thing I leave it up to what FEELS right in my hands and wahte resonates well with my ears. So I might not buy it again. But if I could get the exact guitar again. I would. And I don't plan on selling it. Remember every guitar is different and you need to find out what feels great in your hands and ears. But I do hope I have given you some insight to how this guitars sums up. // 9

Les Paul Studio Reviewed by: Sakke, on november 09, 2012

Price paid: € 1100

Purchased from: Kitarataivas

Features: - Made in 2011, USA - 24.75" Scale - Les Paul style Mahogany Body - Gloss Ebony Finish (nitrocellulose) - Mahogany Neck (matching color to body, gloss finish) - Rosewood Fingerboard - Corian Nut - 22 Frets, which I believe to be medium jumbo - Chrome Hardware - Tune-o-matic bridge with stoptail (Gibson) - Vintage style Tulip tuners (Gibson Deluxe) - A really solid hardcase (made in Canada) Electronics: - Passive - 2 Humbuckers - 2x Volume, 2x Tone - 3-way switch at the top of the body - 490r Neck - 498t Bridge Basically, with these specs and with the Gibson label on it were the things that made me want to try it out. It could have coil-taps though. The specs have changed quite a bit in a year, which is surprising. // 9

Sound: The number one reason in sound why I bought this was how it resonated. It sounded really great without plugging in. Absolutely shows how good quality guitars just differ from the less expensive ones. This guitar is versatile, don't believe if someone says it isn't. You can go from blues to hard rock to heavy metal with your amp without lacking any sort of dynamics from the pickups. The pickups respond well to your pick attack as well as to the changes in the volume potentiometer and tone. The cleans in general are really rich and full, especially in the neck position. The bridge pickup is definitely brighter and hotter than the neck pickup. I use it mainly for both rhythm and lead playing. However, it is quite weak for heavier styles than heavy metal or at least that is to my ear. It somehow lacks aggressiveness, which might be that if it was more aggressive, it wouldn't be so bluesy anymore. That being said, it didn't fully suit my style of playing, which is something like melodic gothic metal. Hard to say, honestly. I play Black Label Society as well, for example. The neck pickup is absolutely astonishing. Everything I expect from a neck pickup is delivered. Smooth and warmth, both distorted lead and clean sounds, though I use it mainly for cleans. I have changed to EMG pickups (81 in bridge and 89 in neck). Now this guitar is absolutely an amazing workhorse and suits my style. So all in all, the response of the pickups in general was great. Some lack of aggressiveness from the original bridge pickup. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: Factory setup wasn't so great though. It was too low for me, however, there was no fret buzz. Slightly sharp frets at the end of the fingerboard, could be due to the time between factory setup and arrival to store though. But they were really minor things. Felt exactly how I liked it in less than 5 minutes. However, since I tune to D standard, I needed thicker strings than 10s. The pickups were set well to my liking, but what I've usually seen in Gibson guitars, the bridge pickup is quite high. I like it that way though. The feel of the neck was the number one reason of all why I bought it. Felt really good for my hand. It feels natural and that's really good. The rosewood fingerboard looks really good and hasn't really shrunk, not even during winter. It's also quite dark too. The sharp frets I felt were during the first two months, not after that really. // 10

Reliability & Durability: The guitar stays in tune really well. Been on two small gigs, didn't go out of tune, even after crazy bends and vibratos. Exactly what you expect of a guitar of this level. The hardware has not corroded or oxidized. I have heard and seen that the gold hardware has that problem. I believe this guitar is made to withstand even more gigging. The finish is good and it looks great too. Then we come to the small, but not at all pointless feature, the strap buttons. They look like something that are bound to make your guitar fall. I did not like them at all, I replaced them nearly immediately with strap-locks. I feel much safer now. The craftsmanship is solid and the guitar in overall is really reliable. If I don't have a backup for a gig, it is not a problem. I don't believe this guitar would give me any unpleasant surprises, but if a string breaks, then it's my own fault. // 9

Overall Impression: Overall, after the mentioned upgrades, this guitar suits me nearly perfectly. I have to say, I have not found my dream guitar. I might be close or then I might be far. I've been playing for nearly 3 years now. Currently I play through a chain of Boss OS-2 to Dunlop Crybaby to MXR Analog Chorus to Blackstar HT-1 or Laney VH100R with 2x12 cabinet. It sounds great. I purchased this guitar after a really long thought and a long tryout too. I compared this guitar to Schecter C-1, Jackson SL3, ESP LTD JH-600 and Ibanez RG1550Z. Tremolo system wasn't really for me and Schecter's neck didn't feel good. If this guitar was lost or stolen, I'd be pretty broken. I like this guitar a lot. I could even say that I've got a bond with it, of some sort. The feature I love the most in this guitar has to be either the looks or the feel of the neck. It has a really magnificent gloss black finish. It looks great and it shines, especially when you take care of it (like me). This guitar is most likely a keeper. I wish this guitar had coil-taps as factory setting, they do now though, didn't last year. Also they have changed the neck profile to the thinner one. A lot of changes I'd say. // 9

Purchased from: Ebay

Features: This beauty is a 2003 (from the serial no). USA model in Fireburst. 22 frets with a solid maple top. The humbuckers are 490R and 498T, pearloid trapeziod inlay, non-locking tuners with USA case. // 10

Sound: This guitar is perfect for just about any style of music you want to play, the pickups can give you a hard crunch on the bridge pickup for any Zeppelin or a warm bluesy sound for Hendrix, Clapton, BB King etc. It's plugged into a 30w Fender Champ at the moment and it sounds as clear as daylight. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The setup was good from the factory, the pickups and bridge didn't need adjusting and there were no flaws. Because the tuners don't lock it does go out of tune a little quicker than I'd expected but that's no big deal - who hasn't got a tuner! // 8

Reliability & Durability: This guitar could survive a nuclear holocaust. It is solid as a rock, the hardware, finish and strap buttons would outlive asbestos. // 10

Overall Impression: I'd advise anybody to get this guitar. What's the point in paying another 400 for a classic - the only difference is the binding and you can't play that! // 10

Les Paul Studio Reviewed by: TheKonz, on november 09, 2012

Features: Made in 2003 in the USA, this guitar features 24 medium frets, a gorgeous maple laminated top and an ebony fretboard. Mine has a transparent wine red finish with a standard Tune-O-Matic bridge. 2 volume and 2 tone, and a 3-way selector Switch (rythem and treble). I have modified mine to have 2 dirty finger pickups, although the stock pickups were not bad at all. Grover tuners and all gold hardware, and all with its very own hard case! // 10

Sound: I play mostly Hendrix, Led Zepplin and you know the rest. And, it suits every style, with a little modification that I would ever wish to play. I use a Dunlop Wah pedal, a Zoom 606 and a couple of Boss effects boxes. I get very little background hum, and if so this is easily quenched with a little tweaking and cleaning of the pickups. Although it is possible to get bright tones, we must remember that this is a Les Paul, and as such will never acheive Strat like twangyness, however it will scream out and solo which you may so desire. Don't get me started on the rhythm tones. Need I say more than Stairway To Heaven. Try it people! With effects hence, this guitar can perform on just about and level. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: Although it did require a small setup outside thebox (bridge and pickup height), I was generally impressed by the initial factory setup of the guitar as a whole. The pickups, as aforementioned did require some adjustment, but when they were sorted (may I add, by a technician, don't try to mod these yourself without both buckets of confidence or a phd in something). They were great. Actually there are no floors in this catergory that spring to mind. I wlii update if I find any. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar has withstood live playing on numerous occasions, has survived a fire, Gale forced winds and a minor car incident (poor thing when you think about it). The hardware has lasted, and I only replaced the pickups, because I saw a cheap pair of dirty fingers and I was in the shop with my guitar at the time. I put a pair of straplocks on the guitar, but this was not because I was not satisfied with the stock ones. It was just safety. You understand. All those drunken naked fanatics tugging at it (whilst on stage). As I am a sensible(ish) guy I always use a backup guitar but if push came to shove I suppose I could rely on 'Les'. The finish is beautiful, and I intend to keep it so, but given my track record on guitar finishes, I suggest a big question mark. I'll update this if there are any changes. // 10

Overall Impression: Well it's amazingly fantastically superbly excellent, does everything that I ask it and more. Can stand the most inhumane treatment and still shines on every toilet of a gig that I keep foolishly signing up for. Hats off to Gibson. I suppose their 'legend' isn't so fake after all. // 10

Les Paul Studio Reviewed by: djwalks, on november 09, 2012

Purchased from: Windsor Music Shop

Features: 2005 American, fireburst finish. 22 fret, 2 humbuckers, same as the ones described above. Came with a case, a Rosetti silver series cable (worth 40) and some polish and stuff. Single cutaway, solid body- typical Les Paul model. Awesome set-up, and cheap for a Les Paul. // 10

Sound: I play heavy rock, Indie rock and some blues, so this guitar is awesome. The treble setting is perfect for soloing and even works when shredding (if you'r into that kinda thing). I play with a Line 6 Spider II (which is awesome) on the "insane" channel, mostly, and it sounds amazing. Not much buzz in the background, and rhythm setting is rich and beautiful. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: Haven't needed to adjust factory set-up. No flaws (although I already scratched it a couple of times). Gold pickups get mucky quickly. // 8

Reliability & Durability: Don't gig at the moment but I'm sure this will stand the test. Only problem is the strap-holder, which doesn't seem to be reliable at all; maybe that's just the strap. // 8

Overall Impression: Based on the styles I play (which vary quite often), I'd say this is a brilliant versatile guitar. The tone is crisp and on distortion you get a brilliant crunch with any amp. All I regret is getting a decent strap as the one provided is comfortable but wears quickly. If it were stolen (although I guard it with my life), I'd probably not be able to shell out for another one. // 10

Les Paul Studio Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 09, 2012

Features: It's brand new, black with crome hardware, made in the USA. 22 frets. All mahogany but with the maple top. Single cut. It's a bloody Les Paul you no the deal. Pickups are 490T and 498T (pickups and finish are the only difference between the studio and standard, standard has burstbuckers). Free Gibson hardcase, almost as heavy as the axe itself. // 10

Sound: I teach guitar so I play everything, but I prefer punk punk/rock and a little metal. I run it through a Line 6 Flextone 2 with extension cab. The big floor board and a Boss CE-2. Humbuckers eliminate 99% of noise, it's thick warm and has got balls! And is almost impossible to get a bad tone out of, unlike a Strat. The pickups when bort from the factory can be splittable, so hopefully after I do that. The guitar will even be more versatile. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: Pickups were set up great, harmonics were spot on. Even though I then changed them to graph tecs. Only little complaint was where the fret board joins the body. The glue could have been cleaned up a little better! // 8

Reliability & Durability: I hang my Gibson on the wall and about the 2nd week I had it, it fell no damage! Hardware seems fine. Strap buttons are solid but I still use a Planet Waves locking strap for sure. It's very dependable, the finish seems to mark easy from a guitar pic but I am assured they will buff out. // 10

Overall Impression: As I said, I have to be flexible. But for my personal playing it's awesome! And would recomend and rock guitars savin his pennys! If it got stolen or lost (god forbid) I'd be out there the next day buying 1! A bit of a crap design on the clips that hold the saddles in the design is much better on the cheap Epiphones even! // 10

Les Paul Studio Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 09, 2012

Features: A nice 2004 made here in the USA. 22 frets with a '60s style neck and rosewood fretboard. Mother of pearl inlays for the classic touch. Carved maple top on a mahogany back for awsome sustain. Wine red finish with a natural flame and all gold hardware. Finish is solid but tends to bring out finger prints a little too much so constant care is needed. Tune-O-Matic bridge with stopbar tail peice. 2 tone and 2 volume for 490R and 498T pickups. // 10

Sound: I play rock (a somewhat wide variety) and some blues. It is very good for heavier and distorted tones, as well as a nice clean, bright sound. Great humbuckers indeed. The sustain is right to my liking. A good guitar for lead. I play through a Marshall MGD50DFX which I feel isnt up to the task for this guitar. I've also had problems with strings "talking" when shifting chords. Very low hum. It performs well though a wah, but I don't the results when using flange. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: Action was set just a little lower than what I'm used to, but definitely not in need of adjustment. Humbuckers nicely set-up, couldnt be better. All hardware was as it should be or at least to my knowledge. The pickup selector was a little loose, not that big a deal. Nut semmed a little tainted but solid none the less. Good solid guitar, the best in my collection. // 10

Reliability & Durability: As any Gibson, very well suited for playing in your room or in front of 30,000+. Everthing is as solid as a armoured car. Finish is very solid and thick, good for us clumsy people bound to scrape it on stuff. I have a feeling this axe will, last me many years. I paid $850 (very great price) for something worth much greater a price. // 10

Overall Impression: I did a very well job of selecting this instrument, it's everything I want in a guitar. I've been playing for almost half my life and this guitar is the only one I own that sings the way it should. If anything happens to it I'll defintely replace it with the same model (different finish). I compare a few LP styled guitars (ESP EC-400, ESP EC-1000, Epiphone LP) but this one had what I wanted, power and sustain. Only complaint is the string noise and finish easily dirties up. Great buy for anyone. // 10

Les Paul Studio Reviewed by: Humbuster, on november 09, 2012

Sound: It fits my music style, even though I don't really have one, but if I had to say it would just be plain rock. Or "metamorphic rock" as I tend to play stuff that sounds different, usually concaucted by myself. Suits the style quite well, nice and chunky. I play through a very old Burman Valve Head connected to a home made cabinet, fitted with one '60s Fender Speaker; the Burman is very good for that AC/DC, crunchy sound and when played with the Les Paul it sounds fantastic. However on the bridge pickup, it all becomes fuzzy and quite rubbish, but I've found that's not the guitar's problem after playing through an also very old Selmer amp, and on the bridge pickup this thing is just like having Slash play in your room. I like it when played with some gain, but the treble pickup on clean doesn't really sound too brilliant, maybe the pickups are too low, or too high. Who knows? Maybe a guitar tech. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was really quite good when I got it, the action was high but after a few months I found myself used to it and prefer it over low action. The strings became sticky and dull quite quickly and even after changing them they become dull very easily; could just be this abnormally hot UK weather and my sweaty hands though. The finish is really nice, wine red with a sort of tiger stripe finish, it's a shame that I sweat so much when playing because the finish gets some of the attention taken away because of all the solidified sweat. // 8

Overall Impression: As previously mentioned, I play straight up rawk and this guitar suits it, as any guitar would really (except metal guitars and strats, because they're just crap anyway). I've been playing for a couple of years now but I'm apparently doing quite good, even though I think I'm rather rubbish. I also own a Vintage Telecaster, Vintage SG and Vintage Les Paul. To be honest I don't really see that much difference except it has Gibson on the headstock and it feels a bit more loved. If it were stolen or lost I'd be rather screwed, but it's not like I lost 900 because I paid nothing anyway; and I couldn't afford another one. One thing I don't like about it, and this is Les Pauls in general, is the location of the pickup selector Switch, if you're really "rocking out" it's very easy to knock it into rhythm and get a different sound altogether. // 8

Purchased from: Back Alley Music

Features: It's a wine red 2004 Les Paul with nickle hardware manufactured in the good old US of A. 20 odd frets, two humbuckers, 2 vol 2 tone 3 way Switch, tune o matic bridge etc. etc. It's a Les Paul. I've replaced the green key tuners with Grover kidneys. It fell of it's stand and one broke. Great excuse to get rid of the standard tuners which look rubbish. // 8

Sound: I play pop punk, Indie rock and a bit of alt country through a Zoom Fire 30. Good meaty sound on the whole but I can't get a twangy country sound for love nor money. May have the pick ups tapped to get round this (should have bought a Telecaster?) // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: Guitar was well set up. No complaints. Finish and wood grain are simply beautiful. Even my wife thinks it's a fine looking guitar. // 8

Reliability & Durability: As far as I can tell this guitar is indistructable. Apart from the origional tuners which were rubbish. The Grovers are far more robust. Finish is excellent so far. // 8

Overall Impression: I got this guitar as a 40th birthday present to me to replace the guitar I sold in my 20's. I had intended to buy a cheaper guitar probably a mexican Telecaster but tried out several guitars on the day. This is the first Gibson Les Paul I've ever played. I was amazed how different it felt to the American Telecaster I was also considering. Both are excellent guitars but the LP just did it for me so I bought it. And I would buy another tomorrow if it ever went missing as I have absolutely no regrets about buying it or spendig a lot more than I intended. You get what you pay for! But I would love the Tele as well as the LP. // 8

Purchased from: bellones music

Features: My guitar is a 2005 model. Made in usa. It has 22 frets that seem to last for as long as I've played. It has an ebony finish with a mahogany body and neck with maple top. It has a single cutaway with a Tune-O-Matic bridge and tailpeice that makes it stay in tune very well. It has 2 volume and 2 tone controls with a 2 way pickup selector. It has the original tuning pegs that would seem to last the live of your guitar with the proper care. And comes with a Gibson hardshell case that seems to be made very well. // 10

Sound: I play some blues and alot of classic rock like Led Zeppelin and Jimi Hendrix and it just sounds awsome for all the music I play. I use a Marshall 45 watt amp (15). It has a bassey sound when set to the rythm pickup. If you have a talk box and a wah pedal you could probly make it talk like in Peter Framptop's "Do You Feel Like I Do." // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was set up perfect from the factory. The action wat as good as it could get with no buzzes. The pickups were ajusted great. It came close to new with 1 paind chip on the right side of the headstock looking at it from the front. The gold hardware seems to come off quickly but I focuse more on the sound. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I think this guitar would withstand playing live for the way mine is set up. But as I said befour the hardware will begin th fade in time. The strap buttons are solid but the strap does come off but rarly. The finish is great but scratches easily. // 9

Overall Impression: I play classic rock with some blues and it matches perfectly. I've been playin about 2 1/2 years. I have a 1935 Gibson Royal tone near mint. And a Yamaha just to travel back and fourth because I take my guitar werever I go. If it was lost or stloen I would buy another or just get a Fender Stratocaster (USA). I love how easy it is to play and the sound. My favorate frature is the pickups beacuse they produce a very nice sound. I compared it with a Fender Stratocaster but still chose this one. // 10

Les Paul Studio Reviewed by: thelilhendrix, on november 09, 2012

Purchased from: john bellones

Features: My Gibson is a 2005 model made in the usa. It has thin frets that last you your life with the proper care. The body, neck and headstock are all made of mahogany accept for the maple top. It is black and scratches very easly. It came with a Tune-O-Matic brige that keeps it in tune very well. It also comes with 2 volume and 2 tone controls with a 3-way pickup selector. It also came with a Gibson usa hardshell case for free. // 10

Sound: This guitar sounds awsome and suits all my music like classic rock, blues and jazz. I have it equiped with a Marshall MG1CDR. I think when its attached to any pedal you would get the sound your looking for out of this guitar. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar came from the factory set-up to perfection. The guitar had a big paint chip at the top right end of the headstock. The wood is very solid but I'm not sure about the way the headstock is. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar would withstand live playing constdering its so solid and has suck a good sound. It is dependable depending on how you use it. The finish seems like it will last just don't keep it in derect reys of sun or dont get water on it because it will wipe off the paind or discolor it. And the gold harware will start do fade during time. And is should last a gig because it has for me. // 9

Overall Impression: I play a lot of Jimi Hendrix and Led Zeppelin. I have been playing for about 2 years. I have a HIWATT wah pedal and a Ibanez Smashbox pedal as well. I also have a 1935 Gibson Royaltone for other types of music. It is got severly damaged I would probably go and buy a Fender Stratocaster instead. // 10

Purchased from: Guitar Amp and Keyboard

Sound: Plays all sorts. Has a rich mellow (Les Paul) sound, with awesome sustain. Play just through a V-AMP 2 on clean usually but is a great rock guitar with a fat sound. As good as any standard. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: Action was percieved high but played nice. Shop said it was low action. It is 1.3mm from 12th fret to understring and 2. 4mm for bass E. This is normal. I will have a tinkering with soon. At the end of the day if it plays nice for you that is the main thing. Watch out for the perception of high action as the frets on the guitar are quite pronounced which make you feel as if the action is higher than it is. In reality it is not as it looks but as it plays. Many moan about the action I wonder if it is all in our own interpretation but have essentially the same set ups? // 9

Reliability & Durability: It is solid. Mind the guitar falling as the neck is their only weakness. Also mind the nitro cellulose laquer with some guitar straps and stands as the rubber can react with the varnish apparently. // 8

Overall Impression: It is a beatiful guitar. Played strats but the richness this guitar posseses just melts my heart and I am in love with it. I can't leave the thing alone. I can see why people love this guitar. Thanks for everyones reviews as I read them all and it really helped me decide to get one and I am so glad I did. You will too! Nothing will ever be the same again. // 9

Purchased from: M&M Music

Features: I bought one of these in early 2005 and I love it. I got it in fireburst with gold hardware and looks great. It has 22 frets but as I have annoyingly small hands, I can't really get much higher than about the 18th or 19th fret without struggling due to the body joining the neck at the 16th fret. The bridge is a Tune-O-Matic with a stopbar tailpiece. It has 2 volume controls and 2 tone controls, a tone and volume set for each pickup. It also has a 3-way pickup selector Switch. The pickups fitted when you get the guitar is a 498T in the bridge and a 490R in the neck. the tuners are green key. I would say though, it isn't too heavy either like other Les Pauls but not as light as an SG. SGs are much easier to jump around and go crazy with. // 9

Sound: I am heavily influenced by AC/DC and bluesy rock sort of stuff, and this guitar fits this style perfectly. I use a Marshall MG 50DFX and sounds very nice, especially if you turn distortion on and the effects at the same time and put the effects on the lightest delay possible. It gives it a very nice metal sound, especially on the high notes. Even with this metal like sound, it still fits with slow bluesy rock stuff which is really nice. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The action on this guitar when I got it was great but it can still go a little lower. The pickups were and still are perfect. There are no flaws I have found with this instrument so far except the metal has tarnished on the bridge a bit after only just under a years worth of use but that's probably because I jump around loads when I play and my hands sweat a lot. The neck also gets a little bit too thick towards the top aswell than my small hands can cope with but its manageable. Overall though, excellent. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar easily stands live playing. The strings stay in tune very nicely as well, even if you torture them with loads of bending. However the hardware does tarnish quite easily as I said before. The strap buttons are nice and solid but if you were to be doing live playing with one of these, I would strongly suggest straplocks. This guitar is dependable and I would say you would not need a backup guitar. The one thing I will say though is the tuners are not very strong. I hit one by accident very lightly and it bent it. Didn't affect the sound or made it any more likely to go out of tune quicky, but they should be strong enough to prevent a light hit from bending the metal. // 8

Overall Impression: The Studio model suits my playing style very nicely. I've been playing for about 2 and 3 quarter years now and I cannot see me upgrading to any other guitar in the future and if I did, it would certainly be a Gibson. If it were lost or stolen I'd be straight down the shops to get one. It's not too heavy on the price either which is nice because it is basically a Les Paul Standard without the binding round the edge and a few less colours to choose from. Excellent guitar to play and affordable, especially for the high quality you would expect from a Gibson. // 10

Les Paul Studio Reviewed by: thezep, on november 09, 2012

Sound: I play classic rock, blues, and psychadelic stuff, and it works great for that. I am running it through (in this order) a morley little alligator volume pedal, MXR phase 90, Electro-Harmonix Small Clone Chorus, crybaby wah, and an Ibanez tube screamer. When I put on the overdrive there is a bit of hum, possibly a little more than usual, but definitely not annoying. The guitar sounds wonderful clean, and the sustain and harmonics are perfect. The most versitile guitar one can own. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was set up perfectly at the factory, and the action was fast. The pickups were adjusted to the best height, all of the binding was perfect and there were no visible finish flaws. The bridge was routed well too. I dropped my guitar about 4 feet onto a tile floor on accident, and the bridge snapped in half? But that was definitely operator error and not the guitars fault. The G tuning key was also slightly bent, an easy repair if I had the time/money. The G buzzes a bit because of the fall, but none of that is audible, and the playing is not affected. Try this catastrophe with any other guitar and you will be buying a new one or paying alot to get it repaired. Amazing if you ask me. Even the finish wasn't affected! // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar will definitely withstand live playing, as I said before with the minor catastrpohe I put it through. The hardware will last with normal playing and use. The strap buttons are solid, but a bit small (the reason the guitar fell in the first plac). They have since been replaced though by straplocks. I can depend on it, and I do play gigs with it without a backup. The finish is also impecable and will last for years with proper care. // 10

Overall Impression: This guitar is great for rock of any kind, country, blues, jazz, and believe it or not, classical. I am 14 and I have been playing guitar for a little over 9 years. I own my original electric that I got 5 years after I started playing and that is a Squier Strat, laugh all you want, but this Squier was made before Squier got really cheap, and I have been happy with its playability. I own a Samick acoustic, and a Vintage Yairi Alvarez 12 string as well. Both of those play wonderfully too. If it was stolen or lost I would probably buy a step up from a studio, maybe something a little more jazzed up. I would never sell this guitar to buy a new one. I love everything about my les paul, and especially its look and tone. I compared it with Fender teles before buying, and the nicest Tele guitar center had to offer wasn't as nice as this guitar. It was an easy decision. // 10

Les Paul Studio Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 09, 2012

Features: It was made in 2005 made in USA. It's a thin fret board with 22 frets, also mahogany neck, '59 Les Paul. Rosewood fret board, Tune-O-Matic bridge with stop bar, gold hardware, 490r and 498t Alnico magnet humbucker pickups. Carved maple top and back. The finish on it is solid black with an white outline around the edges. A Les Paul style, single cut-a-way. Trapezoid inlays. Active electronics. 2 volume knobs, and 2 tone knobs, with a 3-way Switch. Locking tuners, not sure what brand. Includes hardshell Gibson case. // 10

Sound: The Les Paul Studio guitar is magnificent, it fits in my music just perfectly. I play metal, rock, classic, ect. It has a sound I can't put words to. It has a variety of sounds it can make depending on what pedal and amp I have. Just the guitar it has distorion, treble, and bass. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The action on it is just perfect and there is no neck buzz. The picks needed a little adjustment but not that much. The top is fine, not a problem with that or the bridge. The only thing that was wrong with my guitar was the pick guard, I took it off anyway and bought a white one to put on. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar is great for live playing. The hardware is very great, it has lasted longer then my previous guitars. The strap buttons are fine, I would bring a backup guitar because nothing is guarenteed but if I had to bring just 1 guitar, I'd bring the Les Paul. The finish has began to come off yet and I've had it for half a year. // 10

Overall Impression: I play anything I like, and it matches to all of my expectations. I've been playing for 2 years and I own a '57 Fender Stratocaster a Marshall half-stack, a Zakk Wylde distortion pedal and a random Wah pedal. The only thing I wanted to ask before I bought was if it got damaged could I send it in to Gibson Customs and get it re-done. I would probably buy either the Les Paul or the SG. I love everything about this guitar, it is very light, the controls are easy to use, it sounds really great. My favorite thing is that its a Gibson and in my town theres hardly any people with one. I compared it to my friends SG and it was evenly matched, his SG was a little lighter though. I wish it had my name inlayed into the Fret Board. // 10

Les Paul Studio Reviewed by: Godzilla1969, on november 09, 2012

Purchased from: Instrumental Music

Features: I have a 2004 Gibson LP Studio, American made (like all Gibsons). '60s style neck with 22 frets, rosewood fretboard, flamed top in desertburst finish. It's got a regular Tune-O-Matic bridge. There are two volume knobs and two tone knobs (one for each pickup). Two humbucking pickups (490R and 498T I think), and I'm not sure what kind of tuners, Grover maybe? // 10

Sound: For the styles I play (classic rock, alternative, Indie, psychadelic), this guitar is perfect. Sold the Bassman amp a while ago, opting for the cheaper FM 212R (was running low on $), and I'm using a Boss NS-2, MXR Phase 90, Crybaby 535Q wah pedal, and a Radial Engineering distortion pedal. Compared to my Strat, it's unbelievably quiet in clean, overdriven, and distorted modes. I use the bridge pickup for a brighter lead sound and the neck pickup for the rich rhythm tone. Definately one of the more versatile guitars on the market. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The action was perfect upon bringing it home, and the pickups were adjusted fine. The top is perfectly bookmatched and properly routed bridge. There were a couple fine scratches on it because it was a floor model, but that has nothing to fo with quality, so I was really very happy with the finish. // 10

Reliability & Durability: Les Pauls are notoriously tough due to their meaty bodies and abundance of wood, so even when I screw up and drop it, the results are unnoticable. The gold plating has begun to fade a bit on the edges, but I am not particularly obsessed with keppeing it looking like new, so it is no big deal. THe strap locks do unlock every once and a while, sometimes causing my precious baby to crash to the floor, so the strap buttons have let me down a couple times. I think the finish will last a very long time, because it's very thick. // 9

Overall Impression: It's a great match for my style of music, so I'm thrilled. I've had this guitar for a little over a year now and it has not let me down. I love just about everything about this guitar, although the pickups get a little muddy with my phaser sometimes. Great guitar, and well worth the money. // 10

Les Paul Studio Reviewed by: captainchuck, on november 09, 2012

Features: This is a wine red 2005 model and has basically the same features as the Les Paul Standard, minus the binding on the neck and body.It's also not quite as heavy as a Standard. The jumbo frets are great for string-bending, but don't play as fast as smaller ones. I do miss having a whammy-bar, as I feel limited without one. Some people knock on gibsons for not having a 5-way selector switch. But really, how many do you actually use? With this guitar you have what you need. // 8

Sound: I was looking for a guitar to give me that Led Zeppelin/Aerosmith blues-rock sound and this guitar is perfect. The pickups are a little bit noisy with heavy distortion. The sound is very limited to blues or rock. Gibson pickups have a very unique sound. In order to imitate that legendary sound one must own a Gibson. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: For over $1,000 bucks I expected a better action, though it is quite good. I've played $500 Ibanez guitars that are much faster. One of the tone knobs seems to hang up a bit as you turn it. I will probably replace the tuners, as these go out of tune easily. But then again Gibson are notorious for having bad tuners. The intonation was perfectly set up. The wine red finish looks great close-up and the wood has lots of detail. // 8

Reliability & Durability: Reliability may be this guitars best feature. It is very solid and all parts seem very sturdy. I've had the guitar for 2 years and the only blemishes are a couple of marks on the back of the body. The gloss finish is fairly thick. // 9

Overall Impression: My only real disapointment is that this guitar is great for any range of classic rock, even grunge or alternative, but is fairly hard to shred on. You can make do, but metal fans should go ahead and buy an Ibanez or ESP.I love this model of guitar because it feels great while playing it standing up, as all of the weight is in the body and not the neck, unlike an SG or Flying V model. Also the volume and tone controls are well out of the way of your picking, unlike a Stratocaster. If you want the sound of a Les Paul Standard with close looks and playability, without paying $2,300 bucks, you can't go wrong with this guitar. // 8

Les Paul Studio Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 09, 2012

Purchased from: meth junky former friend

Sound: Buzzes a bit, quiet selector Switch and knobs. Smoking tone, love it for what it is meant to do, it is not a Strat, or a metal shredder axe, sucks for bright clean work, but who cares. Get a job and buy more than one guitar. I use it with a Boss GT-3, some old stomp boxes, and in most cases a Fender Bassman amp. Also have a Marshall 45w head and 2X12 cab, never drag it out. the Fender works for what I do, a bit floppy on drop D palm muted stuff. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: Bought it used, set up was poor but was still playable as it was, very versatile guitar, fat slow neck, again who cares, gold finish has worn off, looks cool now, back scratches easily, looks great on stage, plays great, it is a Les Paul, if you don't like heavy, chunky guitars buy somthing else (prince might sell his). For all Pink floydish stuff I use my Strat, if I want to shred I use my Charvel, to rock this is the guitar. neck gets sticky, that is the only thing I really dislike about this guitar. // 10

Reliability & Durability: Strap button keeps comming loose, has chips and scratches on it, still looks great. Finish seems okay, I would never gig with one guitar. // 7

Overall Impression: If you want to rock, hard, and not sound like a nasal duck this is it, I got it because nothing will make a Strat into a LP. They are what they are, love it or hate it. If you intend to be anything more than a basement wanker, you have to own at least one LP (get two, fat '59 neck and thin '60s), they are the rock guitar. // 9

Les Paul Studio Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 09, 2012

Sound: I mainly play metal and other rock music, but I also play a fair amount of clean shit. I run this guitar through a Line 6 spiderII 2X12, usually on the insane channel with a deeper tone. Amazing tone, as far as I'm conserned theres no comparison. Same with the clean sound. My strats can make a lot of noise on any channel on my amp, but with the humbuckers on here all you can hear is the amp. If you mute the strings, it will sound the same as if you turn the volume switch 2 0 on the guitar. The sustaine is amazing. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: Well this guitar was a big change for me, I'm used to playing unpainted maple necks, the paint adds up a lot of friction on my hand making it slow. As far as the weight goes, yes its heavy, but if you cant handle it you have a vagina. It will catch up to you if you are playing an hour or 2 show, but it's nothing bad. I have the fireburst finish and its beautiful, you can see the wood grain under the transparent center. The guitar did however come with a bad action, and costed me $40 at another music store(was afraid of up a guitar I spent my whole bank account on), and did a shitty job. So I ended up doing it myself. I got it much lower and didnt fuck up the intonation like the music store did and everything is lined up. // 9

Reliability & Durability: Its a Gibson Les Paul, it's durable. The only thing I am a little concerned about is if the gold plating will work off. The strap buttons are a little small if you ask me, but very durable. I have a Planet Waves locking strap anyway, and you better have some sort of straplocks if you have a guitar this expensive. // 10

Overall Impression: Great metal and clean sound, silent, and the best sounding guitar out. // 10

Les Paul Studio Reviewed by: makuserusukotto, on november 09, 2012

Purchased from: Chandler's Music

Features: A 1991 Les Paul Studio manufactured June 18 in Kalamazoo, MI. The guitar was very nicly refretted with 22 medium frets. The body and neck are white, with gold hardware. Body is Mahogany with a Maple top with a Mahogany neck and Ebony fretboard. Tune-O-Matic bridge with two passive humbuckers. Two volume and Tone nobs, one for each pickup, a 3-way selector Switch and Gibson tuners. The guitar also came with a Gibson case. I don't see why so many people put down the Studio, it is just like the Standard, but without burst finishes or binding, which lowers cost. This guitar has everything someone could need, it's an amazing guitar. // 10

Sound: I play mostly rock like Red Hot Chili Peppers and Pearl Jam, some blues like Stevie Ray and Jimmie Vaughan, also everything from Hendrix, to Beatles, to Zappa. I have a old crappy amp head and 1X12 cabinet that dosnt sound to great, so I'm often using friends amps. I use a friends Spider II 30w often and it sounds wonderfull through it on any channel from clean to insane. There is no noise with this even on my old amp. I use mostly Fab pedals due to their price, the ones I am using now are the Fab Overdrive and the Fab Chorus. The Studio can handle everything from more rich blusey chorused sounds to sharp distorted sounds with plenty of sustain. It can play through pretty much any sound with ease. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: I bought the guitar used, it was in nice shape when I bought it, minor cracks around the machine heads, the guitar had also been refretted and refinished, all done very well thought. When I bought it, it was vairly well set-up. Just some minor bridge adjustments needed. The finish was very clean, just a few minor blemishes that are not noticable. Solid white with no binding on the body and neck. I like the simplistic paint job on the Studio, no burst or binding; I prefer it over a Standard. // 9

Reliability & Durability: This is a very reliable guitar. I would gig without a backup with this. The hardware seems very nice and will probably last the life of the guitar. The finish is very durable, it has been dropped sevral times with only one chip around the bottom strap button from lading on the strap lock. I can deffinatly depend on this guitar, it has been through a lot and there are few signs of wear and tear. // 9

Overall Impression: This is the perfect match for the style of music that I play. I've been playing for nearly two years now and I own an Ovation and a Washburn in addition to the Les Paul. If this guitar were stolen or lost I would deffinatly buy another. The guitar's simple paint scheme and awesome electronics make it a killer deal for the price. it's a Gibson so there isnt much it can compare to because nothing beats a Gibson. // 10

Les Paul Studio Reviewed by: FranticShredder, on november 09, 2012

Purchased from: Eskildsen Music Store

Features: This guitar has a 59' rosewood neck. I like broader necks I think it makes the playability of the guitar much easier, because you can't hit the other strings when trying to pick on one. I picked the guitar with the blanc black finish, looks very heavy, just the way I like it. The 490R and 498T humbuckers in this guitar is just plain awesome, they have got that heavy tone and and is very good for Metallica, AC/DC, Pantera. anything with distortion. there's both a volume Switch and a tone Switch for each humbucker, and a 3-way switch to Switch from treble sound to rythm and something inbetween. The case included with the guitar (Gibson USA Deluxe case) is really a great case because it's really thick so the guitar wont get damaged. And inside the case is soft "hair" kinda so your precious new Gibson can sleep well. // 10

Sound: I play Metallica, Pantera, AC/DC, Jimi Hendrix and so on so this guitar is perfect for me. I would never have thought I could get such a great guitar for such a small cost. Worth every penny! I'm using a Roland Cube 20X. The guitar has all rich full and bright sound! Anything you want it to. there's also a fun detail about this guitar; It can actually can make a killswitch! turn the volume all the way down on the first humbucker and switch from treble to rythm on the 3 way Switch and you got yourself a killswitch! // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The is one flaw on mine. The 3-way switch is loose! And I when I screw it on so it's stuck the treble button will be at the rythms spot. Pretty annoying but I think that's just a one time coincidence. And there's also one very small spot on the side of the guitar that wasn't painted, I hardly noticed it before about a week after. // 8

Reliability & Durability: Dont let the "Studio" part of the name scare you. This guitar can be used anywhere, Live or just for practicing. Finish seems pretty though althought, I know a friend who bought a limited edition that are flat black with emg 81 pinkups and the paint is really thin so the paint is wearing off al the time. // 9

Overall Impression: I play heavy, metal, rock, older rock and so on. So if you're like me and you just playing everything that includes distortion, I would really recommend this guitar. I love the blanc surface of the guitar and the broad 59' neck. I hate the way it gets scratchy and greased when you touch it. My favourite feature is the killswitch, which can be used for improvisation and to play Jordan by Buckethead. // 10

Les Paul Studio Reviewed by: Calvin Waller, on november 09, 2012

Features: This guitar was made sometime in late 2006. It has the Standard 22 frets on most Les Pauls with a 12" radius neck and a dark rosewood fretboard with Standard medium frets. It is a solid top and mine is a limited edition alpine white finish. The body is a chambered mahogany body with a maple capped top with a mahogany neck. It also has a nice nitro cellulose lacquer finish. It is a Standard Singlecut Les Paul shape. The bridge is a Tune-O-Matic with a stoptail piece. The Standard pickups are a 490R (neck) and a 498T (bridge) pickup, but I replaced them with a Seymour Duncan '59 and JB set. It has 2 volume, one with a coil tap for the JB, and 2 tone controls and a 3-way pickup switch and the middle Switch is a phase. The tuners are Vintage spec Gibson tuners. This guitar came with a combination lock case. // 10

Sound: I play classic rock and classic metal and this guitar gives me all the sound that I need. I use a Vox AD30 VT Valvetronix amp because of all of the different amp models. Usually I don't like to use effects but occasionally I will use a wah on my solos. This configuration can give you virtually any kind of sound that you want. Les Pauls are very versatile music wise. I can get any kind of music out of it. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The action was at a bit of a low side but I took care of that. I didn't like the pickups so I installed a Seymour Duncan set. Everything else was of top knotch Gibson quality. I see no flaws in any piece of the guitar except for a small scratch in the bridge but that is no big deal. // 8

Reliability & Durability: This guitar is great for Live playing. It never goes out of tune. The hardware doesn't seem to want to give way any time soon. I didn't like the strap buttons so I installed some Dunlop Straploks. This guitar doesn't need a backup for the gigs I am in. The finish is nice and thick and I sweat a lot and the finish is still there. // 7

Overall Impression: I play classic rock and classic metal and the Les Paul is the best bet for my needs. I have been playing for six years. I have an acoustic Washburn and a Gibson SG. I would buy this guitar again but in a Heritage cherry finish. I love the feel of a big guitar and the weight relieved chambered body and everything else. My favorite feature is the tuners because they never seem to go out of tune. I compared this gutar to a Fender Stratocaster and a Jackson Randy Rhoads. I chose this one because it is easier to carry around and has a lot more sustain. The thing I wish it had though was a Bigsby vibrato bridge. // 10

Les Paul Studio Reviewed by: beno21, on november 09, 2012

Features: 2008 Les Paul studio. wine red, gold hardware. was a discontinued finish (the wine red n gold) so picked it up cheap. Has the 489T and 490R pickups, has that nice Gibson tone. mahogany body, maple cap. no binding. came with case. // 8

Sound: Great sound. Im using it with a Marshall 3203 Artist head. Usually just run amp distortion, maybe some crybabyb 535q wah. But awesome full high gain sound. Matches the head well. No pickup noise, and pickup selector is quiet. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: action from the factory was slightly high. Some fret ends were a little sharp but got that fixed within a week. No flaws in finish or workmanship. // 6

Reliability & Durability: Its a Gibson its a tank, although the strap buttons are very small, but i use strap loks anyway. I have used it without a backup before. Finish is good. wont wear any time soon i think. // 7

Overall Impression: I like this guitar for the fact that its like a stripped down lp - no binding or burst finishes, but has the same body wood, cap and pickups, so basically what you see is what you get. But yeah good guitar, good sound and robust. // 8

Les Paul Studio Reviewed by: LD_Luke D, on november 09, 2012

Features: This guitar is a USA made Gibson Les Paul Studio. This guitar features a natural faded finish with all chrome humbuckers and hardware, Gibson non locking tuners, 2 tone switches, 2 volume switches (Standard LP swiring) and a 3-way pickup selector switch. there are humbucker pickups are passive Gibson burstbucker pro pickups. It has 22 frets, trapeziod inlays. An all mahogany body and neck with set neck construction. the neck is a one piece neck. The body is also one piece with no binding, no maple top, and features a Tone Pros bridge. It also came with a Gibson hard case. // 9

Sound: I use this through a Line 6 Spider III 75 watt amp. The tone on the low notes and power chords is basically like getting hit by a bus, the lows are full and fat, the mids are blanced and the highs are clean and not noisy. I like to play a lot of clean stuff on this guitar just because it sounds so good. When you want this guitar to sound clean I don't know if it could be beaten. However when you want it to sound dirty or distorted, it sounds great, clear, refined and never over the top. The variety on this guitar is absoluteley amazing and can shift styles of music as quickly as you canb step on the pedal. The versatillity on this guitar is probably it's best feature. the only thing a person might not like about the guitar is just how clear the pickups are. If you want EMG's for the solos in the treble posisition for a more unrefined, dirty sounds you could certainly do that, but the pickups give enough distortion for the dirty sounds in my opinion. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: I got this guitar used and the adjustmenats were fine all except for the unnaturally low treble pickup. I've never seen a les paul with the pickup so low before, I adjusted it to where I thought it should be and am currently happy with it's posisition and sound. I can't prove this but I believe the previous owner did this to the guitar, therefore I will not deduct points from Gibson for this. The guitar stays intune as well as my old ESP which had locking tuners and this has non locking tuners. The quilaty of the wood, neck frets seemed almost factory good espacially for a used guitar. the nut, bridge and string height all seemed to be great fitting and feeling. The only problem is the upper frets on the low strings are kinda hard to reach. // 9

Reliability & Durability: This guitar is defineteley good for gigging if that is what you plan on doing with it. the finish is very strong and does not scratch because it is a natural finish and any acratch unlesss severe would blend in with the wood grain. this is not a rockstar's guitar, it is a musician's guitar. if you compare the finish to many of the other finishes on other flashy guitars it may seem ugly. please don't label it as that I did and I regret it because it is a work of ART rather than a guitar built for looks. // 10

Overall Impression: I play a lot of metal, blues, and mainly stuff I make up. I compared it to the epiephone Les PaulCustom, at distorted, the tone was defineteley better but not by a ton. The cleans are where this guitar took the Epiphone pout of the picture. after I played it I said this is what I want. I would buy it again if I was in the same posisition. the only thing I might add is a Duncan Invader to the treble for really screaming solos, but I don't want to ruin the balance of this beautiful instrument. // 10

Les Paul Studio Reviewed by: rhguitar, on november 09, 2012

Purchased from: G.A.K

Features: This guitar was made in the Gibson factory in Nashville. AA maple top glued to a mahogany body. Slim '60s set-neck. 22 frets on a Rosewood fingerboard. 2 burst bucker pro pickups wax potted to reduce feedback each with it's own individual tone and volume knob. 3-way selector switch: rhythm (neck pickup), lead (bridge pickup) or both. It also features a tune-omatic bridge and stop bar tailpeice. It also came with a good quality case as well. The finish is also flawless (flamed top). // 9

Sound: I play a lot of heavy rock, blues, and a fair bit of shred as well. I played it through a Line 6 spider 3 to see how much warmth and tone the guitar itself can actually produce. The results were very impressive indeed. This packs a punch. It has that classic meaty, ballsy Gibson sound when you set the amp to overdrive but it produces great results in what ever sound you want to go for, I just can't wait to get it going through some valves. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: Perfect. Absolutely nothing wrong with it at all. Though other people have complained about the poor factory setup. On mine the action was perfect and so was the pickup height. The tuning is also very which was a surprise because a lot of guitarists complain about that aspect of it. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I have not had this guitar all that long but have been playing it a lot since I got it and the finish is holding up beautifully. It definitely feels like it would be able to cope with the strains of Live use. It seems like a pretty solid piece of kit. I am without a doubt going to play it at my next gig but I am going to bring a backup just in case. // 9

Overall Impression: From playing this guitar I am confident that it could suit any style of music. I know for a fact that lots of players that don't play rock or metal use this guitar. I love this guitar to death and I cannot wait to get up on stage with it. I love the fact that this guitar can sound like any of the other guitars out there but still retain its core sound that no other instrument I have played or heard so far has come close to. If it were stolen I would probably cry then find the guy Who stole it, kill him and get my baby back. // 10

Les Paul Studio Reviewed by: igorrr, on november 09, 2012

Purchased from: Musicians Friend

Features: 2008 Gibson Les Paul Studio Vintage Mahogany, Chrome Hardware, Black pick-guard. This Gibson is made in Nashville. It has 22 frets, bound to a rosewood fingerboard. The Frets are filed near flat, which is a quality I prefer as opposed to the more round-filed frets I have on some of my other guitars. The fingerboard is attached to a 50's neck which has the classic 'bell' inlays, it is quite thick and has an almost 'baseball bat' feel. The body is entirely mahogany with a mahogany top, not maple. This is the reason the guitar weighs slightly less than the Standard, classic and other models which have a maple top, the maple top adds more weight to the guitar as opposed to the mahogany top. The finish is very interesting because it has almost no twinkle to it. I had to call Gibson to determine what this guitar was finished with, and I was told that it is a cherry finish with a very thin top coat, I believe the top coat is a very thin coat of nitrocellulose. The finish is really no frills compared to the maple tops, but then again it's what you want in the finish that decides what's elegant and what isn't. This Les Paul is unbound, no binding on the body, neck, or headstock, which is what I prefer. The headstock is classic Gibson Les Paul, no inlays though, the "Gibson" logo isn't inlayed in mother-of-pearl, it is rather painted on, which again would depend on what you want. The tuners are "Gibson Deluxe", they are real good, as long as you use a slightly higher guage for the "G" string, I've noticed it likes to slip out of tune after about an hour of gigging with the Gibson Brite Wire's that came with the guitar, I'd say they are regular guage 10-46. The Bridge is a Gibson Tune-O-Matic. The Pick-Ups are Alnico V Burstbucker Pro pickups. This baby shipped with a hardshell case, white interior, and a Gibson USA logo on the outside. // 10

Sound: I am pretty experimental when it comes down to my playing style. However, I tend to gravitate towards Hard Rock, Blues Rock and Grunge Rock. To give you ladies and gents an idea, think Aerosmith, GNR, Bush, Pearl Jam, Paul Personne, etc. I resort to Marshall's, usually with no effects other then a crybaby wah. I use the wah to generate some feedback, and it allows me to do that at fairly low gain levels, this way I don't have to crank those master volume amps too high to get some kick ass feedback. I think the important thing to tell you is that this guitar has the tonal capability to digress into more than one particular style. The sustain on the guitar is really impecable. I let powerchords ring up to 7-10 seconds, open chords forever. If I fiddle around with the volume/tone knobs and pickup selection, I can dial in tones that would be suitable for many different styles ranging from jazz/blues tones to pretty much death metal. The Bridge pickup has a real nasty bite, but at the same time she can smooth out if you sweet talk her. The neck pickup really sings, she has a real nice smooth tone with plenty of sustain for those Slash "Godfather Theme/November" Rain type solos. Again, huge tonal variety available. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: This is my first Gibson, and I must say I'm impressed with the quality and craftsmanship. I'll begin with the nut, the slots were cut Ultra precise, not too deep and not too shallow. To describe it best, imagine yourself playing across the first 5 frets on each string, and you don't have to press too hard, or too soft, it has that 'just right' type feel. As I've said before, the craftsmanship is impeccable, the neck is sanded real smooth and as I've mentioned before the finish is a real thin coat, giving the neck a very fast feel because it lacks that thick laquer coat that 'quicksands' your thumb. Every edge, every straightaway, was perfect and smooth. The setup was almost dead on, the neck and pickups needed no adjustment. The action was pretty good for me, not too high nor too low. The only adjustment I made was the intonation which took about 4 minutes given the assitance of my trusty Korg tuner. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I've heard many things about this Les Paul. Some people say it's not that great of a Les Paul, Gibson says it's a studio-use Les Paul that has the same great tone as the original Les Paul Standard. When I was shopping for this guitar, I was looking for the following qualities in a guitar.. sustain, simplicity of shape(you know, something Fender or Gibson), solidity(can be banged around), and a hard rock/blues rock tonal ability. The pickups were less of a concern because I feel they're fairly inexpensive compared to the guitars themselves and their prices don't really fluctuate much. Basically, this is a rock-stars guitar, with amazing tone, people know it when they see it, and you won't feel all that bad for it when you bang it around, because nitrocellulose can crack, bindings can break.. all this thing will do is dent and scuff. Oh, strap-locks should be a top priority for anyone Who doesn't want to drop this baby on it's head. The strap buttons on this thing couldn't hold a strap if they had too. // 10

Overall Impression: I'd say this guitar is a fairly good match for any sub-genre of rock, be it blues rock or hard rock, anything else is a matter of swapping the pickups. I've been playing for about 2 years, but have done thorough amounts of research/experimenting. I love the fact that it's my Gibson Les Paul, and it's a real Les Paul with a real bad-ass tone. Coming from an Epiphone Les Paul Ultra, it's a real upgrade for me, the pickups scream rock. It's totally distinguishable from any other guitar once you crank up that marshall/whatever amp you play. It's a classic that's timeless and will never do your collection wrong. I don't wish it had anything other than it has. I thought that I wanted different tone knobs, etc.. but any accessory I seen on the market would take away from it's appearance rather than add to it. Gibson made a very affordable Les Paul which I'm sure won't be available for long considering the box tags say 'limited'. Rock on ladies and gents, hope this was informative. // 10

Price paid: A$ 1850

Purchased from: Dale Cleves Music

Features: This legendary Gibson was made this year, 2010. It has 22 frets with a rosewood fretboard, that look amazing. The body is a maple solid top that is finished with a high gloss white paint. With its tunomatic bridge, it always stayes in tune. There are two Gibson dual humbucker pick ups including a 490R and 498T, and a three way selector. It included a Gibson hard case, with beautiful sort inside. // 9

Sound: The sound is very distinctive from the two Gibson humbuckers. I play many types of music and the guitar is extremly versitile (rock, clasical, metal, blues) Of course the Gibson has a rich and full sound that will fill any room with a bright effect. You can produce massive squealies (pinch harmonics) that sound amazing. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was not all that good with its factory set up, because the strings are way to far from the neck, and to my liking it made it hard to play. The pick ups were perfect from day one, and there were no flaws at all. There was a tiny defect in the back paint work, where the white gloss paint hadnt quite covered the back completey, but now I look at it, I can hardly notice it. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I think that the guitar would cope with live playing, as long as you look after it. I am not sure that the gold finish on the pick ups will last all that long, but they look awesome, so that makes up for it. I found it strange that the strap buttons were a brass finish, so it looked strange against the gold hardware. I bought shaller strap lock in the gold finish and they look great. I would depend on this guitar doing gigs without a backup, because it is spectacualar. // 9

Overall Impression: I play all types of music styles including, hard rock as in AC/DC, classical, metal, blues, and I think this guitar is a great match to my playing style. I am fourteen and have been playing since I was 9, so you do the maths. I own a cheap Aston electic, which I just hack around on, and then I have a Cort Acoustic that cost me a fortune! If my Les Paul Studio got stolen I would defently get another one. I love the look of the Alpine white and gold hardware, and the only thing I didn't like about the guitar is the strap buttons, that were brass, but I replaced them. I compared the gibosn to the Yamaha and the Ibanez, but the Gibson came out on the top in all areas. I wish this guitar came with strap locks in the first place, so everyone doesnt't have to replace the crappy brass strap buttons. // 9

Purchased from: music123

Features: ok well my Gibson lp studio was made in the USA, 2008. It is a 22 fret guitar. it's body is a mahogany back with a curved maple top. The neck and headstock is one piece of wood. The Les Paul Studio's finsh is wine red chrome ( I mean mine is) but there are many other colours such as white, ebony, fireburst, Heritage cherry and worn brown and cherry. most of these comes with a choice of either gold or chrome hardware.No Les Paul Studio model \has binding:(. however the pickups on the studio are amazing, 490r and 498t alnico 2 pickups. the bridge is a tune o matic with a stop bar tailpiece. The configuration of the bridge allows for easy adjustment to the intonation of the strings. There is a three way toogle Switch to select between pickups or to activate both. if you are into Metallica then by muting on pickup you can use this Switch as a killswitch. There are two volume and two tone knobs one set for each pickup. On the studio model there are black or gold speed knobs. however if you are like me and in love with the Les Paul Classic wine red, then you can easily change these knobs to top hat knobs( place cleaning cloth over body and knobs and use a wide flathead screwdriver to pry off) ps I am not responsible for any damages to your guitar by my advice. The Gibson Les Paul Studio also includes a hardshell case, altogether the case and guitar weighs about 16 punds and the guitar seperate about 7 pounds. I think. // 10

Sound: I play mainly punk, rock, and metal. I play a lot of Green Day, as well as guns n roses, velvet revolover, Metallica, yahdi, yahdi yah. many of these musicians in thes named bands us Gibson lp and as such I am able to produce these also with my lp studio paired with a Line 6 spider 3 amp. it's not the best but the lp still roars through it. there is a lot of variety with the notes that can be produced, with the 59 neck it is easy to go from a low base to a high note. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: I don't Live in the states and so it took 1 1/2 weeks to reach me. I was expecting that I would need to make many adjustments, but the Gibson team pleasantly surprised me. intonation- slight adjustment - tuning was not touched by me for two months, it was perfectly intune. pickups were perfect playing height. the finish covered every inch of the surface and the hardware shone like a mirror. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar is amazingly durable, while adjusting the pickup I dropped the screwdriver on the body and not a ding in sight, while I do not recommend doing this it will survive an accidental accident. I hardly play live but yes I would play without a backup. the finish is a nitrocellulose finish which according to Gibson provides better sustain and allows the wood to breathe. compared to a Strat with humbuckers, the noteson the Gibson seem clearer and brighter compared to a slight nasal tone on the Strat. the strap buttons are good but after 4 near run ins with the floor I decided to upgrade to Dunlop strap locks, no drilling required. however the stock strap buttons are good but the way I hold the guitar makes the strap slip off the neck strap button. // 9

Overall Impression: I play, punk, rock and metal, this guitar feels like an extension of me which is how a guitar is supposed to feel. I have played my lp for 9 months and I now barely touch my Strat. When I was buying my guitar I actually wanted the lp classic in wine red howver, for 600 more there was no chance of that. So I changed many things on my guitar and now it looks like a classic except for binding and it has a pickup cover. If it were stolen and I knew 100% I was not getting it back I would buy another les paul straight away. I could not play a day without this amazing guitar. if you too are thinking about buying a les paul www.musiciansfriend.com has a digital guide where you can see all the features on a les paul and see which you want so you will kno which les paul best suits you. Unfortunately Gibson no longer offers the option of designing your own Les Paul Custom oreder as they once did. // 10

Les Paul Studio Reviewed by: son of anarchy, on november 09, 2012

Features: My personal Les Paul was made in the USA in 1991. It has 23 frets made out of stainless steel. These are the toughest frets I have ever seen! They are 18 years old and probably wont need replacing for another 4 or 5 years! This one has s AA carved maple top over a mahagony body. Also has a mahagony neck. Unfortunatly it does not have locking tuners. this may be the one thing I really dislike about this guitar. // 8

Sound: I would say that this les paul can go anywere from blues to hard rock/ alternative metal, although if you want really heavy metal, you'de be better off with the Les Paul Studio that has no maple top, because it has more of an open growl. If you ask me, using a solid state amp with this guitar or any other Gibson is a disgrace to the name. If you want some really ballsy rock kinda tones (ex:godsmack) I suggest you take the treble pickup cover off. To do this just unscrew the pick up holder and actual pickup and smack the places were the the pickup has been saudered to the metal plate with a screwdriver. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: Action is not perfect but pretty decent. Gibson pick-ups are second best in my book, right next to Seymour Duncan. A very nice cut of wood. All in all everything seems in order. You should all wasy look for an older less paul, because the older it is, the more craftsmanship was put into it, and it probably got a better cut of wood. // 9

Reliability & Durability: This guitar is a freckin tank! The chrome hardware will stay in good shape, however if you get the gold hardware, the gold on it will ware off. But I don't really care cause I swapped out my pickups for duncans. Finish looks nice and seems thick and would last a while. But you cannot smoke around this guitar! Something about the finish soaks up smoke and makes the finish look murky and ugly. Smoke damage can be reversed but it is an extremly lengthy, painfulprocess and you should take the precautions of just not smoking around it. // 9

Overall Impression: I play modern hard rock, and this suits it great! I've been playing for 5 years (since I was 10) If it was lost or stolen I would definatly buy another one.The only thing that can really make this guitar better is that if it can standerd with duncans and if it had locking tuners! // 10

Purchased from: music123

Features: ok well my Gibson lp studio was made in the USA, 2008. It is a 22 fret guitar. it's body is a mahogany back with a curved maple top. The neck and headstock is one piece of wood. The Les Paul Studio's finsh is wine red chrome ( I mean mine is) but there are many other colours such as white, ebony, fireburst, Heritage cherry and worn brown and cherry. most of these comes with a choice of either gold or chrome hardware.No Les Paul Studio model \has binding:(. however the pickups on the studio are amazing, 490r and 498t alnico 2 pickups. the bridge is a tune o matic with a stop bar tailpiece. The configuration of the bridge allows for easy adjustment to the intonation of the strings. There is a three way toogle Switch to select between pickups or to activate both. if you are into Metallica then by muting on pickup you can use this switch as a killswitch. There are two volume and two tone knobs one set for each pickup. On the studio model there are black or gold speed knobs. however if you are like me and in love with the Les Paul Classic wine red, then you can easily change these knobs to top hat knobs( place cleaning cloth over body and knobs and use a wide flathead screwdriver to pry off) ps I am not responsible for any damages to your guitar by my advice. The Gibson Les Paul Studio also includes a hardshell case, altogether the case and guitar weighs about 16 punds and the guitar seperate about 7 pounds. I think. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar is amazingly durable, while adjusting the pickup I dropped the screwdriver on the body and not a ding in sight, while I do not recommend doing this it will survive an accidental accident. I hardly play Live but yes I would play without a backup. the finish is a nitrocellulose finish which according to Gibson provides better sustain and allows the wood to breathe. compared to a Strat with humbuckers, the noteson the Gibson seem clearer and brighter compared to a slight nasal tone on the Strat. the strap buttons are good but after 4 near run ins with the floor I decided to upgrade to Dunlop strap locks, no drilling required. however the stock strap buttons are good but the way I hold the guitar makes the strap slip off the neck strap button. // 9

Price paid: C$ 1269

Purchased from: Long and Mquade

Features: Everyone know's the features of the Les Paul so there's no need to mention it again. Mine is in wine red and made in 2009. Came with the Gibson hardshell case, obviously. I give it a 10 because for me it's the perfect set up. All my guitars have 2 humbuckers and that's how I like it. // 10

Sound: This guitar with my Jet City jca20s combo and matching 112 cab is all rock and roll. It sounds about as close to perfect, to my ears, as I think I'll find. Very similar to the classic Marshall and Gibson pairing. There's no hum, and the pickups can really push this low watt tube amp. I'm giving it a 9 because I'm sure there's room for improvement but I'll have fun finding it. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar is set up really well. It's intonated, the actions good, pickups are at a good height with no volume difference between them. The finish is amazing, I love transparent finishes because you get to see the beautiful wood grain underneath. Completely flawless and absolutely beautiful. I gave it an 8 though just because of the action, it could be a bit lower and then the neck can wear your hand out a bit if you're not used to it. // 8

Reliability & Durability: Well it's a Gibson so what do you think? If you treat any guitar right it'll stand up to time, cheaper guitars there hardware and finishes will deteriorate but I'm positive this guitar will outlive me. I did change the strap buttons to strap locks, something I recomend for every guitar. The strap buttons were pretty small and that can be scary as your strap ages. As for gigging without a back-up I have no doubt you could with one of these but I don't suggest it. // 8

Overall Impression: I play mostly rock, and I've shaped my rig towards that, but I do play blues, metal, punk, and ska as well. It does all of those really well, though it's neck is not fast enough for it to be a metal guitar. I've been playing for 7 or 8 years now, I can't remember and the only other guitar gear I own is a Squier Bullet, the Jet City stack mentioned earlier and a Dunlop Cry Baby wah. I've owned every kind of guitar there is really, speaking genarically, and this baby shines way above everything I've ever played. It's the Gibson to get, it's priced right and just a solid no-frills axe. I love almost everything about it but I'm still adjusting to the neck and general feel over prolonged periods. As mentioned earlier this guitar has everything I want and nothing more. It's the essence of what a Les Paul is and should be. If it were ever stolen I'd hate to be the person who stole it lets just put it that way. // 9

Les Paul Studio Reviewed by: TrevorJH, on november 09, 2012

Features: It is an 09' Les Paul Studio made in the USA. It has 22(jumbo I think) frets on a rosewood fingerboard. It has three way Switch and two volume and Two tone controls one for each pickup. And the tone controls actually work unlike some other guitars I've played. This guitar came with a great hardshell case it was specifically made for Les Paul shaped guitars. // 8

Sound: I play classic rock and blues and sometimes a bit of metal and it can handle it all pretty well. I'm using it through a Marshall MG (its a shitty amp) and it still sounds great. The pickups are damn near silent compared to my old guitar ( a Squier strat. to be expected I guess). The bridge pickup has a brighter, edgier sound while the neck pickup is more full sounding. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: When I got it the action was quite nice, it was all setup great. The pickups were at about the perfect spot, I got real easy pinch harmonics out of it. The only flaw with this guitar was that the strap button was a bit loose but that's an easy fix... // 10

Reliability & Durability: You could definetly play this live, although if your going to be playing hyde Park or Madison square garden you should probably upgrade to a Standard or something. If I took it to a gig I wouldn't bring a back up mainly becuase I can't afford another guitar. // 9

Overall Impression: As I said I play classic rock and blue with a bit of metal and this guitar work well. I've been playing for 6 years now and I own a Marshall MG100 and an old Squier so this is definetly an upgrade. If it were stolen I would definetly be on the hunt to find it. But I would not by it again because I've starting playing some strats at GC and am saving up for one. I love the feel of the fretboard on this guitar its nive and smooth also I like how it rarely goes out of tune. But the paint irks me a bit ( I bought the faded series one so it doesn't have any paint its just stained wood.) I compared it to other products in the price range ($700-$900) such as some MIM strats, PRS se's and a few Gretsch's and I chose this becuase it was the best guitar for the money. I wish it had a tremolo bar but aw-well idc that much. // 9

Les Paul Studio Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 09, 2012

Features: Made in 2006 in USA. 22 Frets, 24.75" scale. Mahogany neck, ebony fretboard. Mahogany and carved maple top. Alpine White finish with gold plated hardware. Tune-O-Matic Bridge Passive Electronics 2 volume and 2 tone knobs with a 3 way pickup selector Dual humbuckers, 490R Alnico magnet humbucker in the neck position and the Gibson 498T Alnico magnet humbucker in the Bridge position Gibson Deluxe tuners, non-locking. Case Included. // 9

Sound: The sound from the Les Paul Studio is wonderful. When I was testing out guitars the sound of this guitar seemed to jump out of the amp at me in a way that couldn't be matched even by the high-end Gibsons and PRS guitars. I play rhythm in an alternative/indie rock band through a Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier with an Ampeg 4x12 cab. I get a great chunky tone for the riffs that I play as well as a nice crisp tone for leads/solos. My band mate plays a Fender Strat and I feel the guitars complement each other very well. I have also played this guitar through a Fender Deluxe 4x10 combo and had great results in the neck pickup. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: I purchased this guitar over 4 years ago but the factory set-up seemed fine to me as I do not remember any issues with it. The electronics were in great shape, no flaws at all with the guitar. I also had the good fortune of buying a non floor model that was still in the box. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I have been playing live shows with this guitar consistently for 4 years since purchasing it and it has stood up to the tests of the road. I would never go to a gig without a backup guitar as you can break a string at any time, but I never have to worry about anything else going wrong with this guitar. The guitar still sounds a great as it did the day I bought it. I did have an issue with the pick-up selector going out on me, but I over-use it as an effect and simply wore out the contacts. The rest of the electronics including the pick-ups, input jack, potentiometers have had no issues just with Standard maintenance. The finish seems to be wearing. I again have the Alpine White finish and on certain places on the guitar, mainly the back of the neck and on the front left bottom side where my right arm rests on the guitar. I don't mind wear, in fact i welcome it but its fading to a yellow-y sort of color. But for me I like the worn look of an old guitar and look forward to years from now having a sweet road-worn guitar. The gold hardware also wears off quite easily. The bridge, Bridge pickup and tail stop have spots that have worn due to my incessant palm muting. Its fine for me as I am thinking about getting all new silver hardware sometime soon any ways as I have grown uninterested in the gold. // 9

Overall Impression: Over all I love the guitar, if you couldn't tell. If this were stolen or lost I would most definitely get another. I have played a lot of guitars in my years as a professional musician and in fact own a Fender Strat, Fender Tele Deluxe and Epiphone SG. I purchased the Telecaster after the LP studio but always go back to the Gibson as my primary guitar. // 10

Les Paul Studio Reviewed by: bburgrabeglp, on november 09, 2012

Purchased from: Musicians Friend

Features: 1997 Gibson Les Paul Studio Heritage cherry sunburst in nitrocellulose finish. Made in the usa. Standard 22 frets on a rosewood fingerboard backed by mahogany. Mother of pearl trapezoid inlays. Chambered mahogany body with a carved maple top for GREAT sustain. Tune-o-matic Bridge with stopbar tailpiece (they make a great team!). Chrome hardware (gold wears off too easy), Gibson non-locking deluxe green key tuners, Gibson Alnico II magnet 490R humbucker pickup in the neck/rhythm position, and Alnico V magnet 498T humbucker in the bridge/treble position. GREAT pickups! Very versatile. I love them. Standard 3 way selector Switch and 2 volume and 2 tone knobs (a pair for each pickup). Hard case, strap, strings, picks, and polish included. // 10

Sound: I play a little bit of everything. Classic rock, metal, acoustic, punk, blues, and alternative. This guitar is perfect for all of them and more because of the kick-a-s pickups. I have no effects except for on my Marshall MG100HFX full stack (kick-a-s amp) and I hope to get a Dunlop Crybaby Wah pedal soon. The Les has warm, full, rich, and round lower notes, balanced mids, and beautiful bright, bounding trebles. This guitar sounds F--kin Superb on clean and the distortion is just f--kin raw! This guitar covers ALL! // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: Guitar was perfect! Very impressed with Gibson. I even called them to congratulate and thank them! Action nice and low. Pickups perfect. No loose tuning pegs, or hardware. No fret buzz, just perfection. Some people complain about how something is loose, or broken, but mine came perfect and I am thankful, and I feel sorry for you others. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar will definitely withstand live playing and it has with no backup 17 times! The hardware will last about 70 years with perfect care, but mine'll probably last 25 years. I take good care of my baby. The stra buttons were solid but I bought straplocks just to be safe. My hands don't sweat, so my finish doesn't really wear :) // 10

Overall Impression: This is great for all styles. I have been playing since the Christmas of 2009. Not that long, but I'm pretty good at what I do. I also own a First Act FUEL electric, a Washburn LG1PAK acoustic, My Les, A 10w First Act amp, a 15w Sundown ROVER amp, and a Marshall MG100HFX Full Stack. And soon to be a Dunlop crybaby wah pedal. If it got lost/stolen apparently they were low and needed it more than me, which is sad. I would definitely save up and buy it again. I love everything especially the pickups and finish. I hate nothing about it. I would change nothing, because you can't improve on flawless! I have compared this to "higher" Les Pauls and really if you got a "higher" one, you wasted a shit ton of money that could've been used for an amp and effects. GREATEST GUITAR EVER! // 10

Les Paul Studio Reviewed by: gold.larry, on november 09, 2012

Purchased from: Music Street

Features: A Les Paul Studio, made in USA in 1996 and bought it in 2008, quite a guitar. It packs Standard Gibson Les Paul feature without the binding. 22 beautiful ebony frets on mahogany neck. Chambered mahogany body with flame maple top. Tune-O-Matic bridge, that is quite a bit old and rusty but still really stable and accurate. 2 volume and 2 tone knobs as usual. Came with 490R and 498T for the neck and Bridge pickups respectively. Really great build quality, but could've been perfect if it had binding and used other materials than decal for logos on the headstock. // 9

Sound: I have used it with extensive range of amps, from the Roland Micro Cube RX, Marshall DSL401, Orange Tiny Terror, Vox Night Train, Line 6 Spider, etc. This guitar sounds just like a Les Paul should, there is no fault there even after all those years. The clean sound is thick, distortion and overdrive sound as good as a Les Paul Classic or StandardI tried in store that day. I play mostly hard rock like Guns N Roses, Zeppelin, Slash to heavy metal like Iron Maiden, Metallica or Children Of Bodom. This guitar rocks on all front and can undoubtedly perform on other genre just as well. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: It was set up with Ernie Balls .09 strings when I first bought 'em. Action was really low, and there was no such thing as fret buzz or strings stuck under frets. Frets are also perfectly installed and stayed there for over 3 years without budging. Everything was right with the hardware and set up. Though the selector Switch did give out on me a couple months later, but it was cheap and easy to replace and works perfectly fine still. There was some minor damage on the neck and scratches as well as paint scrapes on the edges (binding would've helped). There was no fault to be found with this, top notch quality by Gibson and the shop. // 9

Reliability & Durability: This guitar is made well, and is definitely built to last, maybe even forever if no accidents happen to it. The gold hardware does seem quite rusty but it is definitely understandable after over 10 years. And it's still going strong after 15 years now. Gigs should be a no problem but definitely recommend strap locks if you planning on jumping around a lot on stage. // 10

Overall Impression: I play from Rock to Metal and this guitar just won't fail on either. I love it from top to bottom even with some minor cosmetic damage. There are only a few draw backs for this guitar, which I would say is lack of binding, could use something better than decal for the headstock and the weight. The guitar is heavy, at 6-7 pounds. It really does feel heavier than it looks, but then it does have an amazing sound and great versatility. The only thing I wish it also had is the improved neck and a Floyd Rose system like the current Axcess line. The Gibson Les Paul Studio is a great guitar to own if you don't want to spend $3000 on a Standard, the only thing you lose is a minor cosmetic difference, the sound is essentially the same and I would recommend to everyone. // 10

Les Paul Studio Reviewed by: GuitarGuy4098, on november 09, 2012

Price paid: £ 999.99

Purchased from: East Coast Music

Features: Body: The body is made from chambered mahogany and joined to a solid carved maple top with ultra-strong Franklin Titebond glue. The Studio follows the lines of the Les Paul Standard with a gently arched top and a single cutaway on the treble side of the neck/body joint for improved upper-fret access. The body's back is chambered to both reduce overall weight and enhance the guitar's resonance. Mahogany is a medium-dense wood with excellent resonance and superior sustain and it offers a rich, warm tone, but with plenty of high-end sheen and good mid-range presence. With a solid maple top the guitar's tone is enhanced with added sustain and definition. The body's chambering also enhances its mellow Acoustic resonance, and adds further air to the midrange content. Pickups: Gibson's 498T and 490R pickups ("T" for treble, and "R" for rhythm) have the traditional characteristics of the original pickups of the late 1950s, with a few upgrades. These pickups take advantage of wax potting, which does away with any air space inside the pickup, therefore lessening the chances of microphonic feedback. The result is a humbucker with the tonal characteristics of an original PAF, with a slight increase in upper mid-range response. The Gibson 498T Bridge pickup is the 490R's ideal complement. Electronics: The Les Paul Studio uses an individual volume control for each pickup, which consists of a quality 300k linear potentiometer for a smooth, natural volume roll-off. The Les Paul Studio features one three-way Switchcraft toggle switch. In the down position, only the Bridge pickup is active. In the middle position, both pickups are active. In the up position, only the neck pickup is active. The Les Paul Studio features individual tone controls for each pickup, comprised of 500k non-linear potentiometers with .022mF tone capacitors for a smooth transition from bright to warm. The guitar features a 1/4" output jack made by Switchcraft. Its super heavy-duty construction holds the guitar cable securely in place. Neck, Headstock and Fingerboard: The neck of the Studio is constructed from solid mahogany, cut using the quarter sawn orientation for improved strength and resonance. The Studio headstock is carefully angled at Gibson's traditional 17 degrees which increases pressure on the strings and helps them stay in the nut slots. An increase in string pressure also means there is no loss of string vibration between the nut and the tuners, which equals better sustain. The neck on the Studio is carved to Gibson's comfortable, rounded '50s profile, which offers a smooth playing feel in the hand. This neck shape has been a favorite with many players since its arrival on the Les Paul Standards in the 50s. Gibson's traditional truss rod, found in most all of their guitars, is highly responsive to the individual adjustments you want to make to personalize and optimize string action and sustain. The neck of the Studio carries a rosewood fingerboard the traditional fingerboard of the original Les Paul Standard. Rosewood is both hardwearing and sonically superlative; adding sweetness and depth to the guitar's overall sound. In keeping with the Studio series, the fingerboard remains unbound. The Studio sports 22 medium-jumbo frets, all immaculately polished. Hardware: The headstock of the Studio is equipped with vintage-style tuners with green tulip buttons and an efficient 14:1 turn ratio. These tuners provide a classic look in line with the model's lineage, and smooth, robust performance. As with most Gibson guitars, the truss rod cover on the Les Paul Studio is made from black and white vinyl plastic, and is shaped like an antique bell. Included on the Studio, the Tune-o-matic Bridge provides a firm seating for the strings, allowing the player to adjust and fine-tune the intonation and string height in a matter of minutes. It also yields excellent coupling between strings and body, maximizing resonance, tone, and sustain. This Bridge is made from Zamak then plated. Every Tune-o-matic Bridge is combined with a separate "stopbar" tailpiece, which is essentially a modified version of the earlier wraparound Bridge that's designed to further enhance the connection between the strings and the body. The Studio's stopbar tailpiece is made from Zamak then plated. The Studio carries a black plastic pickguard. Accessories: Because I bought mine second hand from a small music shop no accessories were included. // 8

Sound: I feel this guitar suits my playing style very well as it has good sustain for chords and long notes when soloing. It also has the grunt needed for playing heavy rhythms and shedding solos. I am currently using a Marshall MA100C amp and a Boss ME-20 effects pedal. While using a clean setting the Studio has a rich, sustained tone. On a distorted setting it has a strong, beefy tone. The Studio can make a variety of sounds from sustained chords to high bends and pitch harmonics. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: When I got mine it was all set up by the shop selling it as I bought it second hand. However it had no flaws or Problems. // 10

Reliability & Durability: The Studio will stand up to a fair amount of abuse. The strap buttons a very solid however I wouldn't play a gig without a pair of strap locks. I would trust it to work well at a gig and I would play without a backup. The finish is good but I have to polish it at least 3 times a week to stop it fading and keep it looking new and shiny. // 7

Overall Impression: Overall I think this is a very good guitar for all types of playing style. It is by far the best guitar I've owned and I would recommend it to anyone who can afford one. // 10

Price paid: € 1099

Purchased from: Max Guitars

Features: I have a 2011 Alpine White Chrome Hardware. It has 22 frets. It's a really beautiful, classic Les Paul. It included a Gibson case that smelled like vanilla really strong (I'm not joking). It's weird but I don't mind. // 8

Sound: It suits my style very well, because it fits almost every style. From metal to funk, from country to metal and from bluegrass to blues. The sound is amazing. I tried a Standard in the store and the sound difference was small. I bought a good cable with it so it's hardly noisy. The sound is full, warm and mellow like an LP should sound. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The Standard action was great. Low and easy to play, When I put my Standard strings on it (Ernie Ball 10) it produced fret buzz. I adjusted the Bridge and it disappeared. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I think this guitar (despite his name) would be fine to play live. It sounds great and it's beautiful. The hardware is looks pretty solid. I replaced the strap buttons with strap locks to avoid falling guitars. I use it for almost everything and it's very reliable. // 9

Overall Impression: I'm in love with my guitar. It replaced my old Luna Neo Gypsy that sucked so this is a huge upgrade. I wouldn't buy it again if it was stolen, because of it's price. Gibson guitars are very expensive... // 9

Les Paul Studio Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 09, 2012

Features: My Les Paul was manufactured in January, 2011, and was distributed on the 25th. It was made in the Nashville Plant, Tennessee. It has 22 Jumbo frets, on a mahogany neck with a 50's profile. It has a traditional, adjustable truss rod, and the used adhesive is Franklin Titebond 50. It has a carved maple top, with a mahogany back, sealed with Nitrocellulose. It has a chambered weight relief body, and once again put together with Franklin Titebond 50. My Les Paul is in wine red, with gold hardware. It has the traditional Les Paul style cutaway, a Nashville Tune-o-matic Bridge (material is Zamek) with gold plating. Also in gold plating is the stop-bar tailpiece, which is made of the same material. The Pick Ups on my Les Paul are gold plated, passive humbuckers. The Bridge pickup is a 498T and the Neck pickup is a 490R. It has the classic Les Paul setup, Two tone knobs and Two volume knobs, and a Three way selector switch. It has a traditional 1/4" output jack. It has nickel plated, non-locking Gibson Deluxe Vintage tuners with perloid buttons, and a tune ratio of 14:1. The nut is made of Corian (width 1.695) with the Gibson PLEK system slots. // 9

Sound: Realistically, you can't rate a guitar 10 out of 10 on anything really, because there are things on other guitars which can easily outplay a Gibson, as well as things on a Gibson that can outplay other guitars. All guitars are different, even if they are the same brand and model, and I especially noticed this when testing my Gibson at the store. The one I chose really stood out from the other Gibson Les Paul Studios in the store, in sound and in looks. I play through a Korg Pandora PX4 guitar effects box, and an Aria AG-30 AT amplifier, and the Gibson makes what would normally be a pretty amateur rig sound great! I play many styles, but I mainly focus on Punk Rock, Blues, Metal and Hard Rock, and this guitar suits all these perfectly. The neck pickup is perfect for getting your traditional Bluesy sounds, along with the telltale sound of slash's solos, and with the Bridge pickup you get a powerful, Hi-Gain metal sound, making your solos scream. Combine both pickups together you get a mellow, all round sound, especially on clean, which sounds great for bluesy riffs and jazzy improv. You can get a wide variety of sounds by using the tone knobs on the guitar, you don't have to keep the knobs wide open, experimenting with this can help you find your perfect tone. So overall, a wide range of sounds can be achieved with this guitar, and I would highly recommend purchasing this guitar. If you have a higher budget, I would go for a Les Paul Standard, because it looks great on-stage, and is just that tiny step better. But to be perfectly honest, the Studio hardly differs from a Standard sound wise. Like I said before, nothing should be rated 10/10, and a good reviewer knows this, so because you can't get some of the twangier, more country sounds on a Gibson, the rating will be lowered. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: My Les Paul's action was set a bit too high for my tastes, and after playing a Tokai SG Custom in which the action was paper thin above the frets, it took some adjustments to get the guitar to match my preference. The Bridge pickup was considerably higher than I would have preferred, but that can be easily fixed. Otherwise, the guitar was set to the Standard I expect from Gibson. However, one problem I do have, which is spontaneous, is the selector switch, which sometimes does not select the pickup and instead lowers noise. Everything else is still in order. // 7

Reliability & Durability: This Guitar is solid, but light for a Gibson. The finish shows fingerprints very easily, so it would be smart to give it a wipe down every now and then. The strap buttons are crap! I can't stand up and play the thing without the strap coming off the top. Its ridiculous! I'm going to have to buy locking strap buttons, and I advise you do the same! This guitar is totally dependable, apart from the selector switch, and I have used it at a concert once, with minimal problems. The hardware on the pickups is easily scratched, but no signs of rust yet. // 8

Overall Impression: I've been playing the guitar for 4 years (electric) and around 7 for classical. If it were stolen or lost, I wouldn't be able to afford another one, so I'd steal one. I think the best thing about this guitar is the gold hardware and the sound. Combined they make a great looking and great sounding stage instrument. The strap buttons and the selector Switch are the only faults I have discovered so far, and I hope they are the last. // 8

Les Paul Studio Reviewed by: Robbgnarly, on november 09, 2012

Purchased from: Friend

Features: Mine was a 2000 model in Black. 22 frets with a '50s style neck, Ebony fret-board. Solid mahogany body and neck (pre-chambered model). Gibson 490R/498T pickups. Mine also had mini trapizoid inlays which are quite uncommon. I came with a brown Gibson hard case, which is pretty snazzy with a pink satin top cover. // 8

Sound: I used this guitar for Reggae, Jazz, Punk, Metal and it did them all very well. I used a Marshall JCM 2000 TSL 100 with this guitar mostly. It deff had the Les Paul sound and feel to it. I really like the variety of sounds this guitar produced. It can go from a mellow Jazz sound all the way to modern Metal with no problems. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: I bought the guitar used, so the action needed to be set up to my prefrences, but this was to be expected. I liked the Black Nitro finnish that Gibson put on it, very smooth feeling neck. The top on the studio was painted (and it is not maple). I gigged the guitar for 4 years and had absolutely no issues with hardware or electronics (and the guitar was stolen and left in the rain when I first bought it). I think it was a very well made instrument. // 8

Reliability & Durability: This guitar is a work horse. It was stolen left in the rain and all the original electronics and hardware still functioned just fine. Like all my guitars I replaced the strap buttons with strap locks (I advise you do this no mater the make of guitar you own). I never second guessed the quality of this guitar, and giged with out a back-up most of the time iI owned it. // 9

Overall Impression: I bought this Les Paul because I have always wanted a real Les Paul. I think that Gibson makes a very good product, they just seem to slack when it comes to factory set-up. The guitar was stolen, but I managed to get it back. I really liked the sounds that I could get from it, but it was a heavy guitar and I sold it a few yrs after I bought my PRS CE 22 because I just never played it anymore. I would love to own another one, but only if it was the right price. // 7

More Gibson reviews rating category latest review
+ Midtown Custom 7 Electric Guitars 10/07/2014