Marauder Review

9.2
review (1) 8 comments vote for this gear:
Marauder Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 09, 2012

Purchased from: Ebay

Features: This is a 1975 Gibson Marauder and it's and American made guitar. The neck has 22 frets. This guitar has a single coil pick up and a bold-on neck. the body is a contoured single cutaway Les Paul-shaped body, and a bolt on maple neck with a headstock similar to the Flying V's. It has a 3-way Switch. Tune-O-Matic bridge. This model is the natural body. // 9

Sound: This guitar has a great sound for what I play, which is classic rock. Right now I only used it with one amp, but with that amp it has satisfied me. It has many sound verities. It can get a real loud sound and a real low sound and inbetween. The guitar can make a verity of sounds. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was set up well. One pick up it straight as in up down wise, and the orther is slightly tilted. I'm not sure what bookmatched means. Also don't know what propely routed bridge is.(This was my dads but know it's my guitar and I'm 14 abd he didn't tell me all the details of when he bought it). The guitar had no flaws, nothing was loose, the wood was good, no rust, finish was fine, the fretwire was great, no misangled bracing, not cut pegs, nice saddle, great pickup selecter. // 9

Reliability & Durability: Yes, it works well with Live playing and the hardware already lasted over 30 years, I think it can last logner. Samething with the hardware, I'm sure it'll last. I would definitly use this guitar on stage, but I would not use it with out a back up, as great as the guitar is it can't make every single sound.the finish is perfectly fine. // 9

Overall Impression: This is a good match because I like 70s music and this guiar was made in the 70s. I've been playing it for half a year now, I also own a Hopf Saturn 63. Nothing I would ask. I would 100% but it again. I love everything about it, but I hat ethat there is no whammy bar. I compared this to the Epiphone/Gibson Black Beauty. I wish it had a whammy. // 9

More Gibson reviews rating category latest review
+ SG Special Voodoo 9.2 Electric Guitars 06/09/2014