Reverse Flying V Review

manufacturer: Gibson date: 11/09/2012 category: Electric Guitars
Gibson: Reverse Flying V
The innovative design of the Gibson Flying V, first introduced in 1958, has been turned on its heels. In a daring move, Gibson has flipped the iconic V fins and added an asymmetrical headstock, drawing further attention with a vivid Trans Amber finish and gold-plated hardware. With a period correct string-through tailpiece and twin '57 Classic humbuckers, this guitar is a bold new take on a groundbreaking classic.
 6.9
 9.4
 4.4
review (1) 186 comments vote for this gear:
Reverse Flying V Reviewed by: dethklok101, on november 09, 2012

Features: This stunningly beautiful guitar was made in 2007, due to major requests from a lot of people. It was made in the USA. It has 22 frets on a rosewood fingerboard and mahogany neck. The body is made with mahogany. The finish is trans amber. The bridge style is the Tune-O-Matic. The controls for it are one volume and a 3-way toggle switch. The nack and bridge pickups are both 1957 classic. The machine heads are Green Keys. Sadly, there are no accessories that come with the guitar. // 10

Sound: The Reverse Flying V Completely suites my style of music witch is classic rock and metal styles. I prefer to use Vox amps, because it allows you to create sounds and save them on it. I don't, however, use any add-on effects because the amp supplies all the effects you could need in it. it is deffenitly noisey on the "nu-metal" setting but not to distorted. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: In my opinion, I think the Reverse Flying V is Perfect. Eccept the pickup selector clicks when you change it. The cord input jack sometimes comes loose but that's easy enough to fix. The bridge pickup is just slightly croked. Overall the guitar is great I'm lucky to have one. // 9

Reliability & Durability: It would deffenitly withstand Live performances. All the hardware seems like it would last a very long time. The strap buttons are solid, but there not wide enough. Strap holders fix that problem easily. It is deffenitly dependable and trustworthy enough that you wouldn't need a backup ir you were playing a gig. // 8

Overall Impression: My playing style is mostly metal. Metal music and Reverse Flying V are agreat match. I, myself, have been playing for 8 years and counting. If it were stolen I wouldn't and couldn't because it was a lot of money (not saying I didn't love it) and I can't beacause there are none left anywhere, there were only 400 of them made and I was lucky enough to get one. What I love about this guitar is everything. There is nothing the hate about, just some things that I thought would've been better. The one thing I wish it had was tone knobs. // 10

More Gibson reviews rating category latest review
+ 120th Anniversary SG Standard 2014 Min-ETune 7.1 Electric Guitars 08/15/2014