Slash Appetite Les Paul Review

review (1) pictures (2) 48 comments vote for this gear:
Slash Appetite Les Paul Reviewed by: DamonRulz1, on november 09, 2012

Price paid: A$ 3200

Purchased from: Ebay

Features: This guitar was made in 2010, in the USA. It has 22 frets. Traditional style weight relief Mahogany body with AAA Figured Maple top. Unique neck profile made for Slash features rounded 60's shape. Rosewood fingerboard with trapezoid inlays. Un-burst top with faded cherry back lacquer finish. Slash signature smoking skull with top hat artwork for peghead face. New Seymour Duncan Slash Signature Alnico II pickups. Special capacitors selected by Slash for Vintage tone. Tone Pro hardware with historic machine heads, locking bridge and tailpiece. Appetite Amber finish, 3 way tone switch. 2 volume 2 tone volume/tone kobs. It came with Dunlop Straplocks and a leather case with Slash Artwork. // 10

Sound: 11 out of 10, this guitar is unbeleivable, the tone an this axe is exactly like Slashs tone, its crunchy, yet soothing, it sounds better than any other guitar I've played in my life. The SD Alnico II Pro pickups are the best thing on this guitar, they just make it. I use it on a Marshall JCM 900 and its is awesome, I usually keep it on the neck pickup for the Slash sound, but keep the tone pinched down. I hate to use effects on this guitar, I think of it as wrecking the natural sound of the guitar. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was perfect when I got, but I did tinker with the hardware a bit, everything else was beautiful, pickups were just the right height bridge was routed properly and everything. The only floor on the guitar is that there was a tiny chip in the fretboard on the 12th fret (probably from replacing the fret marker)All the rest was perfect. // 10

Reliability & Durability: Its awesome live, its the only guitar I use live. I don't think anything is going to be a problem in the future, and the strap buttons are awesome, I throw this thing around so much when I play and my strap never comes off. The finish will degrade over time, which doesn't matter really, but I polish it every day so it wont happen for ages. // 10

Overall Impression: I'm lucky enough to own one of these. It is without question the best, most flawless guitar I've ever played...& I've played a lot! I love it! The added chambers don't affect anything, this guitar is so full of tone & sustain than you think would ever be possible. I love this guitar so much, I've had it for about 3 months now. I play rock/hard rock and it fits the job perfectly, I highly recommend buying this guitar, the price is definitely worth it. // 10

More Gibson reviews rating category latest review
+ Midtown Custom 7 Electric Guitars 10/07/2014