Tony Iommi Signature SG Review

8.6
 8.2
review (1) pictures (1) 126 comments vote for this gear:
Tony Iommi Signature SG Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 09, 2012

Features: The Tony Iommi Signature SG is a tribute to the distinct sound and legendary rock anthems from his over twenty-five years with Black Sabbath. This new SG features an ebony finish and dual Tony Iommi Signature pickups. The truss rod cover features a signature decal and the inlays are silver crosses. // 9

Sound: Well I play Black Sabbath so this suits me fine. The amp I am currently using is a Laney GH50L, 4x2 Laney Cabinet. The effects consist of a Vox Brit Boost, Zaak Wylde Wah and a Korg AX10G effects unit, using that for delays and chorus effect. Love the sound the look is not all that makes this guitar look great. The pickups are fantastic you can turn them right up and have virtually no feedback. Or turn them down and they still pickup the sound good. This guitar can match any style of music. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar wasn't set up to greatly when I recieved it. Pickups needed to be adjusted and the strings changed. Also had to have the upper strap button relocated to the tip of the horn instead of being on the back of the horn. That was a bad place for it there, much better on the tip like where they are on a Strat. Other than that it was pretty good. The pickup selector seems a bit wobbly but no problem with the sound or anything. // 8

Reliability & Durability: This guitar will withstand live playing without a problem. The hardware seems like it will last, I mean it's a Gibson. I can depend on this to use at a gig without a backup. This guitar will withstand anything. // 9

Overall Impression: Well like I said I play mostly Black Sabbath but am currently in the process of writing my own music so this is a good match for me. I have been playing for 6 years and my other guitars consist of an Epiphone SG Custom (white), Epiphone SG Standard (cherry), Status Silhouette Series Strat, Casino Bass Guitar and a J&D SG. If it were lost I would try to find another one to buy. I love everything about this guitar it inspires me to write music. I was originally going to get an Epiphone Tony Iommi SG but when I saw the Gibson I changed my mind pretty quick. I would rather a Gibson to an Epiphone. // 10

More Gibson reviews rating category latest review
+ Explorer Vampire Blood Moon 9 Electric Guitars 09/15/2014