Comanche Review

manufacturer: G&L date: 01/28/2008 category: Electric Guitars
G&L: Comanche
The Comanche is a real looker. Its two-tone blueburst finish looks stunning alongside the pearloid pickguard and chrome knobs. Equally dramatic is the trio of offset Z pickups.
 9.4
 9.8
 8.9
review (1) 6 comments vote for this gear:
Comanche Reviewed by: zx2cow, on january 28, 2008

Purchased from: Western Reserve Music - Hudson, OH

Features: 2007 G&L Comanche Strat style guitar. This guitar was custom made in the US in Fullerton California by G&L. This guitar has a swamp Ash flamed top body and a birds eye maple neck. The Comanche is equipped with G&L's Z-coil pickups. These pickups are by far the most versatile and best sounding when they are combined with the Comanche's pickup switching system. Te switching system allows you to use the 5 regular combinations and then it also allows you to blend all 3 pickups at once. The locking tuners are very resilient and keep it tune very well. The Comanche also came a hardshell case that is kind of cheesy but at the same time it was free. I am not giving this part a 10 because when I would have liked to see a better case for the amount of money. // 9

Sound: I mostly play rock and blues and with this guitar I can fit the sound of almost every song I play. I play through a Radial Tonebone tube distortion pedal and run that into a Fender Blues Junior. Sound is clean and crisp when I'm not using distortion and when I'm using distortion break-up is easy to get and sounds amazing. Each one of the magnets in the pickups are adjustable so that you are able to fine tune it to the way you like it. One thing that really drew me to this guitar was one feature that the pickups had. The build of the pickups eliminates the hum that one usually gets. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar came clean with no fingerprints or anything! Somebody had taken the time to clean every part of it before it even touched my hands. When I got it I looked it over throughly and could not find one imperfection. All the chrome was clean with no scratches or impurities or bumps. The finish was clean with no scratches. And to my amazement, after being shipped across the country, it came set up! // 10

Reliability & Durability: I have played this guitar for about 8 months and I still love it and have no disappointments what so ever. Pickups are still crisp and loud with no buzzing what so ever. The hardware is still solid, all the chrome still looks Brand New. I feel that if I take care of tis guitar it will last me a lifetime. // 10

Overall Impression: I feel that this guitar is a good match for anybody Who plays rock or blues. It punches when you hit a low note and screams when you hit a high. I have been playing for about 9 years and have exclusively owned fenders. After playing this guitar I don't know if I will ever buy another Fender. The quality of my Comanche is much better than that of any American Fender I have ever played. This guitar is a wonderful piece that plays just as good as it looks! // 10

More G&L reviews rating category latest review
+ Tribute ASAT Deluxe Carved Top 8 Electric Guitars 07/17/2014