Tribute ASAT Classic BluesBoy Semi-Hollow Review

manufacturer: G&L date: 07/26/2012 category: Electric Guitars
G&L: Tribute ASAT Classic BluesBoy Semi-Hollow
This is a guitar that will do anything from playing Jazz to Rock and great for country. This is a guitar you can count on to do everything and will never fail you.
 8.8
 9.2
 8.4
review (1) pictures (2) 2 comments vote for this gear:
Tribute ASAT Classic BluesBoy Semi-Hollow Reviewed by: halfguitar, on july 26, 2012

Purchased from: www.greatguitarsanddrums.com

Features: This is a guitar that will do anything from playing Jazz to Rock and great for country. I played with the USO during Vietnam I used a Fender Tele and I put a 57 Gibson humbucker on the neck that guitar did it all for some reason I sold it. I was always trying to get that sound back and then I played the G&L Semi-Hollow Tribute Bluesboy. My tones because its a semi hollow on my neck were a little deeper and forget the neck pickup it really brought the guitar to life. It would have great if I still had my old Tele, but this guitar surpasses the sound Paul Gagon-designed AS4255C Alnico neck humbucker, Leo Fender-designed G&L MFD single coil bridge pickup // 9

Sound: I was always trying to get that sound back and then I played the G&L Semi-Hollow Tribute Bluesboy. My tones because its a semi hollow on my neck were a little deeper, and mellow tones great for getting that Jazz tone. And the bridge pickup won't let you down when you need to break out in a country or rock lick, it really brings it all home. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The finish on this guitar will knock you out, its as rich as any on the USA guitars. This guitar it a little lighter and easier to handle then my old Tele. You have to worry about cheap hardware The guitar and neck are actually manufactured in Indonesia, but the electronics, wiring and hardware are all constructed and installed in the U.S., and the quality control happens in the U.S. I guess the construction in Indonesia allows G&L to keep the price down. As far as the electronics and hardware are concerned, they are identical to the U.S. made version. // 9

Reliability & Durability: This is a guitar you can count on to do everything and will never fail you. The jack inputs and the electronic and this guitar seem to be better thought out them most Fenders I have played. It doesn't seen like my jack input will let me down as my Fender Tele and Strat did. The guitar seems to be better balanced the my old Tele. I think I could get away with just bring an extra set of strings rather than an extra guitar. And I am confident with all me hardware and pickups cause they are the same as the American guitars. Leos' own stuff. // 9

Overall Impression: I play Jazz, Classic rock. I have been playing for 50 years PRS Custom 24, Washburn HB35, Deluxe Strat, Taylor, Yuri Alvarez. I'm a little older than most players I play with my 16 year old some who might be one of the best guitarist for his age in the US. I have to be ready to play anything from a Chick Corea song to Steve Vai, Stevie Ray. From now on its my G&L Blues Boy Semi Hollow, it does it all. // 9

More G&L reviews rating category latest review
+ Tribute ASAT Deluxe Carved Top 8 Electric Guitars 07/17/2014