Tribute ASAT Deluxe Carved Top Review

manufacturer: G&L date: 07/17/2014 category: Electric Guitars
G&L: Tribute ASAT Deluxe Carved Top
I am very impressed with the quality of this guitar at the price it was. If you're on a budget and want a modern take on a classic Tele keep the G&L on your radar.
review (1) pictures (3) user comments vote for this gear:
Tribute ASAT Deluxe Carved Top Reviewed by: Robbgnarly, on july 17, 2014

Features: This is a 2013 model that I bought because the price was too good to pass up. Made in Indonesia the QC is very good and pretty surprising. The ASAT line is shaped like a Telecaster if your unfamiliar with them. It has a 22 fret bolt-on maple neck with a 12" radius rosewood fingerboard. The body is carved flame maple top and a mahogany back. 2 G&L Humbuckers and some pretty nice hardware. It did not come with anything except the hex keys for adjusting the saddles and the truss-rod. // 8

Sound: The pickups are pretty bright, so I typically have to scoop some mids and treble when compared to my other guitars. The sound is nice though and it can do lots of styles. It has a push/pull tone knob and can get a decent single coil tone, which expands the versatility. I play mainly punk, hardcore and prog-rock/metal and the G&L works just fine. // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: The action was set quite nice from the factory, but G&L Tributes are set-up in their USA shop before they are sent out. The pickups were adjusted just fine, but everyone has their own preference (the same goes for action). The guitar is pretty thin and very light, I can not find any blemishes at all. The only thing wrong with mine was the 3 way switch had the tip broken off, but that is why I got it for so cheap. // 8

Reliability & Durability: This guitar will serve me well for years, that is why I bought it. The hardware is decent quality, the bridge is the same as on the USA G&L models. I did change the string tree to a roller tree, but that is shear preference and it was fine before I did the change. The tuners seem to work just fine. // 9

Overall Impression: I am very impressed with the quality of this guitar at the price it was. I have heard many say that this is on par with the Fender Hwy 1 series and it maybe, but I do feel like it is better than most MIM Fenders (any way you look at it, it is a nice guitar for little money). I will have to say if you're on a budget and want a modern take on a classic Tele keep the G&L on your radar. // 8

More G&L reviews rating category latest review
+ Climax 9 Electric Guitars 03/11/2014