LG Signature Review

manufacturer: Godin date: 01/21/2004 category: Electric Guitars
Godin: LG Signature
Mahogany Neck. Rosewood Fingerboard. Jumbo Frets. Mahogany Body. Schaller Bridge. 5-way Switch. Seymour Duncan Humbucker Pickups. Carved flame maple top.
 9.7
 9.3
review (1) 3 comments vote for this gear:
LG Signature Reviewed by: unregistered, on january 21, 2004

Features: 2002 made in Quebec. It has a solid rock maple top and is absolutely beautiful. AA grade wood. nice and simple, 1 volume, 1 tone, 2 Seymour Duncan humbuckers (Jazz, and Custom Custom Custom specially designed for this guitar), 5 way selector so you can get single coils too! Body is mahogany, neck is rock maple. Top finish on maple laminate is flamed and wine coloured. Neck is nice and wide. Guitar is surprisingly light. Deluxe gig bag was included. // 10

Sound: I can get any sound I want from this guitar, it would be perfect for recording. When I first got it, I didn't want to bring it to band practice because it looked so great.. but once I got over that, I play it ALL the time now. It can do a few sounds very very well: the neck pickup does a mellow Strat tone, the bridge gets a rockin tone with great harmonics. and the bridge with only 1 coil selected gets a Telecaster tone (no shit!). // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: Guitar came set up well. Pickups were in the right spots. Top is beatifully bookmatched. Guitar had NO visible flaws at all, also no mechanical flaws, it is perfect. It is made from AA grade Canadian wood. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I have played live several times and it stays in tune, looks great and sounds spectacular. The finish is great to look at, but not too thick. It really lets the beauty of the wood come through. The strap buttons are metal and the strap doesn't fall off like with other button types. I would and have giged with it without a backup when I forgot to bring my spare. // 10

Overall Impression: The band is mostly guitar pop, although I mix in older 60's and 70's type riffs. I have done 90's grunge, country, classic rock with this guitar and it can do it all. The best feature is the sound and the wonderfully playable neck. The other guys in the band tried it out and commented on the neck. The only thing it doesn't have that I'd like is more inlays. The neck looks a bit bare. // 10

More Godin reviews rating category latest review
+ SD 8.5 Electric Guitars 06/06/2013