ST Review

manufacturer: Gould date: 08/23/2011 category: Electric Guitars
Gould: ST
I think this guitar is best as a practise guitar. This guitar is a good guitar. I would recommend this to any entry level guitarist, or someone who only plays occasionally.
 6.9
 6.8
review (1) pictures (3) 1 comment vote for this gear:
ST Reviewed by: herenseti, on august 23, 2011

Purchased from: A Friend

Features: This is a description from West mount music: "With its solid "Strat" style body, maple neck, rosewood fingerboard, this is a well crafted and very playable entry level Electric Guitar. With the three single coil pickups with reverse wound middle pickup and selector Switch this is an excellent choice for beginners and anyone looking for a guitar to offer them a range of different tones at a very affordable price. The well-weighted, tough plywood body makes for a comfortable playing experience and the maple neck allows for easy fingering. Features: - Well-weighted Ply Body - Classic Red Gloss finish with white scratch plate - Set Maple neck - Chrome tuners - 3 way Pick up selector switch - Trem Bar" I have modified the pickup arrangement so instead of N-M-B it's N-B-M on the 5 way selector. // 7

Sound: This guitar is a good guitar. The pickups are of good Standard and not-staggered, which I like. I'm using distortion and wah with it at the moment and sounds great. I might at some point swap in the electronics and neck for Squier equipment as by now (6 years) the frets and pickups are losing their robustness. I would recommend this to any entry level guitarist, or someone who only plays occasionally. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: It was fine when I got it. Obviously my friend didn't treat it brilliantly, so it has a few dings and scrapes. // 7

Reliability & Durability: I think this guitar is best as a practise guitar. It needs a lot of tweaking and messing about with and is not practical for gigging. // 4

Overall Impression: I play prog and post rock in one band and Indie in another, this suits both. I would buy a different guitar, probably Squier if I lost or stole or sold this one. // 8

More Gould reviews rating category latest review
+ GLP100 7.7 Electric Guitars 08/19/2011